Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• @Rayne-Lord Thank you so much! I am definitely having trouble finding art!
  • @Rayne-Lord Meditative Mullah seems fine power-wise, and it looks like pretty good support for Ordain. And Pharaqan doesn't seem OP either. I can think of other low-cost permanent bounces, such as Unsummon and Disperse. This one has the balance advantage of requiring two colors to use, and his casting cost would make this a mid to late-game ability under normal circumstances.

Also, thanks for the feedback. I'll reorder Kjolf's last ability and change Volley to the +1/+1; that would be more Red-Green versus the Red-leaning nature of the current form. I'm doing classes for my two-color tribes (as opposed to races for the three-color ones), and I wanted Rangers for Red-Green. I realized that Rangers in Magic have been represented through Archers and Warriors, and as Warriors has been done, it ended up being Archers.
  • @shadow123 - No problem bro, I think you'll like him. Alex Grey has been one of my favorites ever since I was younger and did the whole mind expansion/self-seeking 'phase' (it never really ended lol.)

@SkyWizard437 Thank you for the feedback and the favorites good sir! True true, there are alot of low-cost bounces- it's just that this one is repeatable, which makes a big difference. That's what gave me reason to pause. I think you're still probably right, but I thought it important to point out.
  • @Rayne-Lord Anytime. The repeatability is definitely a factor to consider, but tapping helps to balance that by limiting the ability to 1/round under normal circumstances. If it still seems a bit OP, you could up the cost by 1 mana.
  • @Rayne-Lord, I would suggest using counters as reminders that creatures were ordained, similar to Renown and Monstrous. Otherwise cool mechanic!

I'm helping a friend make a Samurai commander with an emphasis on multiplayer politics, one who's selling his own men to the enemy. Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/samehada-callous-shogun
  • First up, I love tabletop politics. Second up, this is a great card design, where you win even when they have your samurai. I wish there were more cards like this @Temurzoa.

• @LordTachanka123 Interesting card! I would suggest changing them -1/-1ccounters to 1 damage,  make it rare and remove over the goblins you control can’t have counters placed on them. You could probably make it a 3/3 then. It feels more like a goblin.

My cards:

I’m not super happy with Desthless Warlord. Thoughts?

Chariot of the Deathless Deathless Warlord
  • Yeah, deathless warlord just seems like an annoying card. CotD is a brilliant design, and I love every bit of it @shadow123

• Any suggestions? Hopefully you can guess who this is based off of...
  • @LordTachanka123 Nice card! Remember to put a comma after the mana symbols and before the tap symbol. Assuming you want to have the last ability talking about the cards exiled with mercy, you should word the ability like this:

Put X +1/+1 counters on ~ where X is the number of cards exiled with it.

For cuteness, the wording should be
    Whenever this creature becomes blocked, put a -1/-1 counter on the creature that blocked it.

Also, having -1/-1 counters and +1/+1 counters on the same card (sometimes even the same set too) is something wizards doesn't do because it can become confusing.

For the second ability, it should say:
    Whenever a player casts a spell with a man in its art, you may exile it. If you do, its owner gains 4 life and discards a card.

This ability is very powerful. In addition to countering the spell (in essentials) you make them lose a card as well, which is very damaging.

Nice creativity on this card!

My cards:

Radiant Syship Hannah Daring Pilot
  • edited May 2020
    @shadow123. Ok I'll review your cards for you. First up is Hannah. This is a pretty solid aggressive creature with good stats very well designed for a vehicle deck. Overall, Hannah, Daring Pilot is pretty good. Ok up next is Radiant Skyship. Ok, let me just say, this is probably the most creative design I've seen for a vehicle and when combined with Hannah, it is an insane bomb!! The mana cost and p/t ratio also seem balanced. I gave it a favorite. Overall @shadow123. Very cool cards, especially the vehicle. 

Ok, here's mine. They are some new cards for my custom set Lorsovo, Plane of Dreams. I am aware that Romilda doesn't have the legendary type on the card and i'll change it later. I just want an opinion on the card itself. 

Romilda Gillians ChosenWhirlwind of Dreams

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/romilda-gillians-chosen?list=user

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/whirlwind-of-dreams?list=user
  • @Liwg Romilda makes for a good, strong aggro card. Her abilities fit very well within Red-White, while her casting cost, legendary status, and size are good balances to her power level. One tiny note is that there needs to be a comma after Faeries, but that's it.

Whirlwind of Dreams is enormously powerful, but the high, two-color casting cost, rarity, and high X threshold and extra requirement for its alt-win balance this out. Just an awesome card overall. Great job on both.

Here's my latest. Representative of the fourth tribe and mechanic in my set: Blue-Black Warlocks with Hex.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/kulira-coven-high-magus

• @Liwg Thanks so much for the favorites and the comments! It definitely made my day much better, especially since I was having a terrible day.
  • edited May 2020
    @SkyWizard437. Yeah. Thanks for the critique. I totally missed the comma after Faeries. Good catch! 👍. @shadow123. No problem and hey, we all have bad days here and there.
  • @SkyWizard437 Neat. Hex is an interesting, worded something like explore, but with a trigger similar to illusions, or heroic. I'd be curious to see the other hexing creatures in the future, considering this is a legendary, it must be one of the stronger iterations of the mechanic. The drain itself is pretty strong, and honestly almost makes me feel that this guy should be esper, but i don't think it has to be. The activated ability is also very strong, I like the tribal support, and once again I think its relative power level will be determined by other what the other warlocks in the set look like. Over all, its a nice card man!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    So I'm nearing completion of my Djinnin and Dunes set. and I wanna thank everyone who's helped me by giving feedback so far. Up first we have Jamshed. He's a member of the Bedu tribes, nomadic desert folk, who's way of relating to religion is expressed through personal freedom. Hence I've resurrected the Nomad creature type from the deep vaults of Magics history. More ordain support. Curious to know if y'all think his activated is too strong. The two abilities together really give him his flavor as a "seeker of lost fire" but I'm very open to suggestions, and up costs.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/jamshed-seeker-of-lost-fire?list=user
    Second is a definite red all star. But I'm very dubious of it's current power level. I was having difficulty balancing him with his ordain. At first I thought he should get +1/+1, but that felt not quite worth tapping the creature for the ordain, especially in a red aggro build. We've never seen (even temporary) 4 power haste creature and I wanna know if y'al think this needs nerfing.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bedu-sand-captain?list=user
  • @Rayne-Lord Thanks! Jamshed doesn't seem overly powerful, especially considering the casting cost and legendary status. One tiny note is that the comma after "enters the battlefield" could be removed, but that's all. As for Bedu Sand-Captain, I think all that may need to be done is probably up the mana cost by one. I can think of another three-mana haste creature that has 4 power on its first turn: Viashino Firstblade. Overall, great job!
  • Your thoughts are welcome:

Carriage of the Lost Demon of Loss
  • @Ilmarinen Nice cards! The Vehicle seems balanced, the "exile on attack then return after combat" thing seems a bit strange, but I'm guessing it was done so the Carriage could be killed during combat. The Demon seems a bit strong, a 3 drop that attacks and blocks as a 4/5 or 6/3 (on average-ish) and also mills you and also has flying might be a bit much.

My card:

• edited May 2020
    @FangQuil That is a pretty weak card in terms of you can't block or deal damage to creatures your opponents control. They have an invincible and an unblockable army. Plus if a creature blocks True Name, True Name doesn't do any damage to that creature! I suggest you rethink this one.

My Cards:
     Soulbound SpiritBeast of Strength
  • edited June 2020
    @joemamajoe
    Soulbound Spirit is very wordy. I think the first ability would be more like "(1)(U)(U): Target Spirit is unblockable until end of turn." Though this makes it target and thus effectively changes it, it is a very small change that makes it more intuitive. Transparent is a big color break. The effect would be black with maybe some white. Even if it wasn't bringing them back which is a full break, it is rare for blue to care about things dying. That part of the effect is the cool part. The last ability feels bad. It takes mana to do something the card can already do, and it seems like that is driving the cmc up to unplayable. 7 mana with no built in protection or hug effect, means it is draft fodder. It is highly color committal, so, even if it is a mythic, it will see little want for play. The idea is cool but the direction is too cautious in places and too ambitious in others.

Beast of Strength is really weird. First off, avoid having 4 effects if at all possible. you could combine the last two if you get creative with it. It is soooo expensive to attack with your big dude. "Strength" is a very strange word since it is almost entirely toughness based. I do like the synergy between the activated and the triggered abilities. 9/6 is too much p/t for a six drop, but maybe defender balances that out? But maybe it doesn't since it can let itself attack? Finally, red might not be the color for this card. Red has pumps for sure, but power bumps not toughness usually. Green and White usually care the most about toughness I think? I don't think this card has to be two colors.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/yamaka-avenger-of-clans
    Did they change how linking and images work recently?
  • edited June 2020
    Ok, thanks. Now I read the first page to understand this post
  • @CassZero You need to give feedback on other people’s cards before you post your own!! I’ll give feedback on your card anyways.

You card is definitely creative. Remember, there is no comma after trample, but besides that, this seems pretty cool. I would also just have the flip side be a “Snow Creature - Human Elephant” but I guess yours works too.

@brcien Yes. They have changed the way to pst images. I have a mini tutorial on my wall on the forums:
    https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/profile/shadow123

As for your card, I like it. A lot. I do have a few problems with it though. The ablities seems a bit weird for a naya card. I would make it June colors probably. As for formatting I would move the whole thing one line up, then put an empty line after the underscore divider line. It will look much better. It also could use the legendary border. This might sound like a lot, but all of these are pretty small points. Keep up the awesome work!!

My cards:

Maddened Avenger Endless Insanity

I believe these may be on the high power side, but I hope they’re not broken.
  • edited June 2020
    @shadow123 Ok! Who doesn't love madness! Also, Hellbent was one of my favorite mechanics and I really don't think it ever got justice. 

- Maddened Avenger. I love this card, but I honestly do think it's pushed. The forced discard is a steep limit, but also, in the right build and invaluable graveyard filler. The activated is also ridiculously strong. I would probably recommend they get revealed, though thats not typical for black tutors. I honestly just think it needs to be tested.
    It got a favorite from me!

- Endless Insanity is also super dope, and I love the flavor text. I just love the aesthetics, but again I think it'd need testing. In an EDH world it might be broken. In a limited, or standard style enviroment, its probably bulk. But I could be wrong, Madness 0 is insane. Maybe push its cmc up 1, or make it legendary?

Finally moving on to the Hybrid cards for my Al-Qara set. The idea is based off of the Hedge-Mage cycle from Eventide, but I decided it would have an ETB effect, and an activated ability. 

The Cycle is the [Tribe's Name] [X]Heart , basically to exemplify that tribes outlook. I've been toying with this guys activated a bit, let me know if it's balanced correctly.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/hazrati-stoneheart?list=user

Second is the U/G of the cycle. I'm not totally pleased with the name, as it doesn't capture the abilities, nor the tribe well ennough. The Tejites are rulers of the Oasis, and are brave warriors, and mystics. I wanted this to feel like a Mystic who could mix it up, and the snake made me think deathtouch. I'd honestly love suggest for an Adjective that could replace [Wise]Heart that would be more flavorful, but as long as the name includes the tribal name (Tejite) i'd be happy. Please throw me some dope names!

As to the mechanic, I think the activated is probably too strong on this one, but let me know.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/tejite-wiseheart?list=user

• edited June 2020
    @Rayne-Lord
    Hazrati Stoneheart: Looks cool and flavorful. The activated ability's balance seems alright.

Tejite Wiseheart: This one also seems pretty good in terms of balance. I think it would be flavorfully awesome if the ETB ability created a 1/1 green Snake creature token with deathtouch instead so it would have synergy with the activated ability, though you might want to lower the card's toughness to 2 in that case to keep it in balance. As for the name, would a "Slyheart" be better? (Sly = having or showing a cunning and deceitful nature.)

Your thoughts are welcome:

Royal Stargazer

Based on Seven Kingdoms's song: Stargazer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR-7Wq0nrHM

and...

Pohjola Northern Paradise

Based on Ensiferum's song: Pohjola
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxqhV6Lx_uo
  • All right @Ilmarinen, I think that Pohjola is a very powerful card, but still quite balanced. I can see it getting a lot of play in white decks, but really, it's a good card for green and blue.
    Here's my card, complementary to the cards I posted earlier:

• A little tooo expensive but overall nice card @LordTachanka123

Nano OrbShockweaving Mage
  • I actually quite like Nano orb. it's a bit wonky and synergizes with a bunch of old cards that move around charge counters etc. With a huge hand it can cheat stuff into play, but there are probably better options at that stage. Shockweaving Mage seems like a nightmare. Personally I'd reduse it to scry 3, and 3 damage... or 4 damage to "target creature or planeswalker." no wait... keep all that, remove the flash. 

This is my card. it's supposed to say "at the beginning of the next end step" but I'm a noob, so I don't know how to edit cards I've already published. I might also have been a bit lax with the phyrexian mana considering it's an instant speed spell.

Worm tongue