Beehive

2»

Comments

• lightyear
  • @Tomigon Sorry if I'm being pushy, but do we have any news about the contest? It's been 3 days already.
  • In my head, I'm imagining that -- instead of handing out awards -- what's actually going to happen is, we're all going to get BEES like in that famous Oprah gif.  "You get BEES and You get BEES and You get BEES."  Haha!

• @Scaccogaming
    This is what's happening.. Weeks ago I got art commission from a girl who wants to give her boyfriend custom cards with my art. And I said I'll do it for free. But she said she wants to do something in return. So I asked her to buy premium membership for someone. She said ok. I finished the art, she was very happy. The contest was finished, and I told her who gets the premium. No reply. I sent another e-mail. No reply. Because it's a thing involving money, I feel awkward to do this anymore, so I decided to wait. I'm imagining that she's poking around on Redbubble or MythicBlackCore to find a way to print custom cards. 
  • @Tomigon well, that sucks... What about her boyfriend? You could try to reach out to him, possibly? Still, sorry if I'm being very obsessive, but I was curious... Please update us when you got time.
  • Results are in!

The winner is @Dechujoh64 with Rubeeno, Beehive Warrior!!!

I love the idea that a warrior fighting with a beehive on his back! Abilities are flavorful, and the balance is good! Congrats!

Here are honorable mentions:

First of all, the effort you put into these cards' text boxes is amazing! This card has a very unique ability. "{u}: Scry 1." seems a little too good, but I like the idea overall.

The Awakened Beehive by @Scaccogaming
    I think the card is a little weak and Bees probably don't have deathtouch. But this is a clever way to make mono green flying tokens without breaking the color pie! (They can't attack, so their flying is basically just reach.)

• Yay! Thank you. @Tomigon
  • edited July 2020
    @Tomigon I actually used the tokens created by Hornet Queen, which are real 1/1 green insects with flying and deathtouch:

Not exactly bees, but oh well. I'm kinda sad I didn't win honestly, I guess my cards weren't good enough.
  • @Tomigon
    I was curious about the work done (custom card). Would you have any restrictions to show us how the art/card was?
  • edited July 2020
    @Scaccogaming
    Yeah, the difference between hornets and bees were important in this contest. 
    Hornet Queen is a famous card but flying in mono green is very rare, so I personally don't trust that card.
    I commented on your other submissions. Check them out if you are interested. Your cards are good. Keep it up!

@CassZero
    She's ok to show these: https://sta.sh/21fd2qgtblfo?edit=1

Prize has been awarded! Thank you for participating.
This discussion has been closed.