COLONISERS: Season 6!!! (Colonisers of Skyfaoll)

Comments

• It's been a day! Tell us!
  • edited June 2020
    With how hard it was to pick the entrants, it'll probably take them a while to choose one to off
  • Bumping...
  • Terribly sorry, everyone. Some stuff needs doing, and so little time to do it. I will pick this up ASAP
  • Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding! I now have a lot more free time, and will be able to give both this and the Marble Council much more attention.
  • Yet with the positive news of my arrival come the negative news of elimination. Next on the chopping block, as unfortunate as it is, is @Aggroman15.

While they have shown amazing results recently, their faction had a bit of a slow start, and now their lack of momentum has unfortunately come back to haunt them.

While they may hunt in Tandem, the bats hunt in a Horde. Run. They are coming for you. Don't forget your bespoke wooden suitcase as you HEAD HOME!
  • edited July 2020
    As for everyone else,

You can now see that everyone has been granted passage to the ocean. Where there weren't before, port cities are now cropping up. Time for maritime matters!

You have until this sunday to make a card depicting you building a fleet, engaging in trade, navigating the wild waters or anything in that vein!

The waves call!
  • edited July 2020
    There comes a time in a young faction's life when it wants to start hitting things with a stick. So without further ado, 

THE COLONISERS GUIDE TO WARFARE! Disclaimer: The people in the following message were roleplaying. In normal conversation they are all very nice people who would never commit mass genocide if real lives were at stake.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO:

A GUIDE TO COLONISERS WARFARE!

Our story begins back in Season 1 of Colonisers, where lots of things happened. What I did was, shortly, I pretended the players were figurines, and I smacked them together. I lined people up and forced them to compete with each other directly.

This is by far not how warfare works nowadays, and I am now going to stop talking about it.

The real fun started in Season 2, on Edgerim (which, by the way, is the most viewed and commented season thus far), where people knew what to expect from the series, and so started to bring their own roleplay to the table. And roleplay almost always leads to rivalry.

These tensions quickly escalated when actual cards started being made.

This banter quickly escalated to an arms race, where some players started to exchange more and more cards with aggressive intent.

These cards began transforming into direct attacks more and more quickly.

Eventually, one side committed fully to war.

Now, I sat there, kicking back, enjoying the show, but I didn't do anything really to show active warfare. The only standard way to acquire territory from another nation at this point was to absorb them as they get eliminated, which is what eventually brought us from this (Yes, I know, we have come a long way in terms of production value):

To this:

Warfare didn't really become a standardized activity until Season 3. Now, the Colonising of Krystel brought lots of changes to the trends of how people roleplay their parts, which I will talk about in detail in the sappy memoirs about the history of COLONISERS that I will eventually write, but it also made warfare more dynamic. EXAMPLE:

The Empire of Cyni had just acquired some islands, when suddenly, it found itself under attack.

You see, the Empire of Striders had sent a "peaceful missionary cohort" and the people just so happened to "switch sides". This started a bloody trench war between the two sides.

Eventually, the Empire of Cyni evacuated their people and sent a bunch of titans to take care of the Striders.

The Empire of Cyni had plans to reconquer the islands, but this did not happen as they were unfortunately eliminated a few challenges after. This is what a war nowadays would look like.

Finally, before we go, an example from Season 4 to show that wars DON'T HAVE TO BE FIGHTS TO THE DEATH, even though that's the usual outcome. Here's what the map looked like:

But then, in an arc you must definitely read if you want to learn how to win through the power of LORE POINTS, the Stargazers made their move.

The astrals immediately reciprocated with a cloaking maneuver.

However, after that burning exchange, @Lujikul and @ThatOneCat sat down and privately discussed the matter, and then agreed to forgive each other be allies for the rest of the game.

One last example hails from Season 5, that shows wars do not have to be continuous.

@SammySammyson and @DrakeGladis were having a jolly good time beating each other up (red and brown factions), but they weren't the only ones with a personal stake in the matter. See, the Banned Ones had earlier made a pact with the Citizens of Exile, a pact that @Daedalus_The_All_Father would keep.

So the war went on, one faction versus two, and who knows what would have happened if the Banned Ones weren't eliminated next round. Seeing as their personal stake has disappeared, the Citizens of Exile immediately signed a truce with the Soulless Ones, and all was well.

UUUUUUUNtill the two got tied up again, this time in a resource war, which lasted up until the end of the season.
    And all the while this was happening, @ThatOneCat was executing the Atlantropa project. (See top right corner).

• Heck. Well, I'm nothing if not consistent. In all the Colonizers seasons I've participated in (1, 5, 6) I've gotten out at specifically the 2nd elimination. Anyways, thanks for the contest and I'll be back in Season 7!
    (I may make a story blurb later, I dunno.)
  • @Aggroman15 Thank you for your participation! It was an honour
  • edited July 2020
    I had received a ping?
  • Oh, I'm used in an example. Nice!
    I like this sort of thing... I need to do more.
  • Reading that made me very nostalgic. When is Season 7? I want to finally get into one.
    (Ignore the webfolk, and the Paradise of Birds.)
  • *Stares in Machines*
  • They didn't get in.
  • this ping confused the h*ck out of me until I read up hasdfhjf
  • Along the coast, trees began to sprout up. Krall was expanding, starting far away and expanding inwards towards the heart.

• The Syndicate has decided to 'borrow' one of Falun's ships, so that it can hope to trade with other factions more easily.

• @HeroKP Definitely. I hate to say it, but the inactivity made me forget this existed...
  • @HeroKP Working on my card, just need to finish it and maybe do a lore card.
  • @HeroKP I’m not going to be able to post until tomorrow, I don’t have access to to my computer. Is that ok?
  • @HeroKP can I have some more time? I forgot to do this and I'm really sorry about it!

• In Blackfair lore, one of the most legendary figures is the buccaneer Rivera and his beloved ship, the Lady of the North Wind. The home plane of the Blackfair Accord frequently has wars and border disputes. During one of these wars, the Blackfair fought against the nefarious Valvex Syndicate, which sought the kingdom’s land. Valvex troops occupied the capital city of Blackfair and put it under harsh martial law. Rivera and his ship carried valuable information to Blackfair leaders, helping liberate the city and crush the Valvex tyrants. 
    Now, Rivera has returned. His swift ship ferries information to the many forces allied with the Blackfair, making sure to placate all of their allies. Rivera is a valuable asset to the Blackfair Accord, and the Lady of the Wind aids the kingdom as it has in ages past. 
  • Holding your thoughts back, trying hard to wake up. This never ending nightmare, such a weakening pain, legs begin to shiver. Questioning your own heart, your soul burns in heat and refuses to believe what it has just seen. You blink hard expecting to wake up, blinking again only to see yourself standing in the same spot. Trying to figure out what to do next. Your mind goes blank, body freezes, everything just shuts down. Still to this day, you can't believe what you witnessed, that grey afternoon...

• edited July 2020
    Florence tossed and turned in his sleep, bombarded by flashing images. Nightmarish creatures formed of shadow and malice plagued his mind, twisting and writhing as they intruded into his inner psyche. Gradually, the unrecognizable shadows formed into a vision. One that did not foresee the future, but peered into the past, one that Florence knew all too well. He could only gaze in terror as the memory enveloped him, plunging him into inescapable darkness.

____________________________________________________________________________ 

Pain. That was all that Florence could experience. Around him buildings crumbled, fields burned, and the screams. Oh the screams. Multitudes of voices shrieked as loudly as they could, individual cacophonies melding together to create a maelstrom of chaos. Yet the sounds could not mask the true terror that fell from above.

Hundreds upon hundreds of meteors fell, each burning with an intensity not seen before by Florence. As they fell, the sky turned crimson red, foretelling the calamity that was about to occur. One by one, the meteors crashed into buildings, roads, even people, massacring everything in their wake. Florence looked straight up and saw what he feared most.

A piece of searing red flame fell directly towards Florence, as though a vengeful god wished to crush him underneath its finger. It crawled ever so slowly to Florence, making his dread last for an eternity. As the meteor got close to his face, Florence closed his eyes, bracing for the impact and his fiery turmoil soon after. Death was only inevitable.

Upon opening his eyes he did not see the charred landscape around him. Instead it was distant, as though a painter was creating his newest work of art. Each meteor a mere swathe of his brush. Without a thought, Florence proceeded to move away from the window, and saw where he currently was. The hall of the Old King was filled with tapestries showing the triumphs of Falun; the victories over countless nations. One tapestry stood out among the rest though. Rather than a display of glory, it showed the aftermath of the attack on the kingdom, the despair felt throughout all the survivors.

“If only it didn’t have to come to this…” Florence found himself saying. Yet his voice was not his own. It was deeper, more sullen than Florence ever sounded in all his life. The statement also shocked him, as there laid hidden an intent no mere observation would contain. Without any sort of control, Florence ran through the hall, towards the chambers where the King slept. He leapt to the guards protecting the chamber and slashed their throats, dispatching them with almost no sound.

A sound of movement could be heard within the chambers.

“Shit.” Florence muttered underneath his breath. It was clear what little noise made had woken up the King. He had hoped to kill him quietly, but it became obvious that there was going to be a fight.

Florence moved carefully towards the door and opened it gingerly. As he expected, the King lunged with his sword at Florence, grazing him in the shoulder despite his attempt to dodge the attack. Pulling out two knives, Florence and the King engaged, trading blow after blow.

The sounds of meteors crashing could be heard as metal clashed. As the fight continued the King began to overwhelm Florence with an uncanny speed in his attacks.

Clunk

The dagger in Florence’s right hand flew in the air, before landing far away from him.

Clunk

His other dagger fell to the ground, leaving him defenseless against the King. “Tell me assassin, why do you attempt to take my life?” The King demanded, holding his sword at Florence’s throat, ready to attack at the slightest movement.

Inside Florence felt terrified, his every nerve in his body telling him to plead to the King. Despite the overwhelming emotions, he only smirked.

“You truly don’t know the bigger picture, do you? While Falun has relentlessly conquered kingdoms like a pack of ravenous wolves devouring a trail of meat, we have been plotting for the arrival of a new god. One that will help us conquer entire planes of existence! With you gone, Falun will soon follow, and there will no longer be anyone to stand in our way!” Florence sneered, and disappeared in a cloud of inky shadow, right before materializing behind the King. With a swift motion, Florence retrieved a knife from his hidden collection and thrusted it into the back of the—

Florence could not describe the sheer agony he felt. It burned inside every part of him, as though he was being melted from the inside out. With all his effort, Florence raised his hands to look at them, only to notice that they were the King’s. The pain surged, and Florence screamed at the top of his lungs, as a feeling he never felt before began to overwhelm his entire body. He fell to his knees, gasping for what little air he could contain. Through his hazy vision he saw the perpetrator slowly walk away, not even bothering to look at the pathetic heap that was once the King, and laughed down the hall. Soon, his eyes began to falter, as a white consumed him, leaving him completely alone.

Florence gasped as he woke up from his dream, relieved to see himself in his own body and not under fire of crashing meteors. He had nightmares in the past about the destruction of Falun, but not to this magnitude. What puzzled him the most was the king’s assassination. It could have been all just a dream, however his gut feeling told him it was anything but. It was too detailed to truly be a dream, and Florence knew he was no lucid dreamer. And that voice…

For some reason the assassin’s voice sounded familiar to him, someone who he’s worked with closely before. Concerned, Florence grabbed his necklace and activated the magic inside it, and whispered:

”We need to talk. There may be a traitor in our midst.”
  • Okay, everyone, 48 HOURS! It is mostly my fault this happened, so there is every reason to lease extra time.

@IzItTru @Xero0 @Daedalus_The_All_Father @Tommia @Bowler218
  • *Entry*
    Spectral Plunder
    Tetravain shall be raising the spirits of those who came before. They will give up all their knowledge, treasures, and everything else they have to their new lord and God. Every spirit has something to offer, even if they don't believe it themselves.

*Lore*
    Stukrem the Spirit King
    As previously stated, Tetravain plans out and predicts all possible events. In this case, a possible but very unlikely prediction came true. Tetravain knew there was a chance that a powerful spirit would be among those he raised. He was proven correct when he found the spirit of a man who, once raised, became a new High Spirit. High Spirits are incredibly rare and most became what they are overtime, not immediately after forming. Stukrem is a spirit of kingship, foresight, and devotion. As a spirit of three governances he is very powerful, however, he can't bring out his full potential yet as he has just recently become a spirit. Overtime, he will gain strength and become an even more deadly weapon in Tetravain's arsenal.
This discussion has been closed.