Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL

Comments

• Putrid {cost} ({cost}, Exile this card from your graveyard: Draw a card.)

• edited July 2020
    Outrage (Whenever this creature attacks the player with the least life or tied for least life, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)

Silent - When this creature enters the battlefield, you may target opponent gains control of it. If you do, it has...

Silent example card: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/unleashed-guardians

• Retake (If you cast this spell from your hand, exile it as it resolves. When you cast another spell that costs the same, you may put this card from exile into your graveyard. If you do, add this card’s effects to that spell.)

• Recycle {cost} ({cost}, Exile this card from your hand: Put another target card in your graveyard on the bottom of your library.)

• edited July 2020
    Rogue (When this creature enters the battlefield, reveal the top card of your library. If that card's converted mana cost is X or greater, target opponent gains control of it.)

Not intending to be bad. It has effects that harm you or grant other players life or cards if you are not the owner.

• edited July 2020
    Slave (This creature can't attack or block unless you control a creature with greater power or toughness.)
    Seer N (Look at the bottom card of your library. You may put it into your graveyard. Repeat this process N times or until you don't choose to put it into your graveyard. Whichever comes first)

• Damn... I make a lot of abilities.
  • BTW, I make these basically to keep other from copyrighting the idea, using them myself, and most importantly, so you guys can use them. You guys can use any one you want for your own cards (remember to give me credit in the comments).
  • Arm(Look at the bottom card of your library. If it's an equipment, attach it to
    this creature. If it's not put it in your graveyard)
  • edited July 2020
    Leg (Look at the second to last card of your library. If it's a vehicle, put it on the battlefield with this creature crewing it. If it's not, exile it instead.)
  • edited July 2020
    @Corwinnn, that really doesn't need to be keyword and is quite strange. Perhaps this instead:

Leg (Reveal the bottom card of your library. If it's a vehicle, you may put it onto the battlefield with this creature crewing it. It gains haste until end of turn. Otherwise, put that card into your graveyard.)

First off, because your version doesn't give it haste, so it can't even attack that turn and un-crews with that creature at end of turn without even allowing it to attack or do anything that turn. Second, the 'second to last card' is way too specific and random (and should be worded like this: "Look at the second last card of your library..."). Third, most likely, if not almost always, that card wouldn't be a vehicle, so most of the time all your doing is exiling the bottom card of your library which isn't helpful. My version is much more helpful and keyword worthy. This is NOT an attack on the keyword or on you, it is just my opinion.

PS, you forgot to Italicize it the whole way through.

Hope this helps,

joemamajoe
  • Armed N (This creature enters the battlefield with N ammo counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, if there are less than N ammo counters on it, put another one on it.)
  • Prophet N (This creature enters the battlefield with N -1/-1 counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a -1/-1 counter from it. When the last is removed exile it.)

The creature has a big effect with it is exiled.

• @LordTachanka123 - I was just riffing off your "arm"
  • So seems like some weird forming of making a card stronger and stronger until at last it has a big surprise? So a late game changer?
    Only problem I see is how easy this is to manipulate with things like proliferate and simic counter shenanigans.
    @joemamajoe

• I think the mechanic would be really cool in a vehicle set! Awesome idea, with a little reworking It would be perfect @Corwinnn!
  • edited July 2020
    @LordTachanka123, are you saying that just because he is the moderator and to be nice to him? Because saying feedback like that helps people improve and become a better cardsmith. Just saying that because your trying to be nice is not AS helpful as saying some beneficial feedback. Not saying you are doing that, just asking.

EDIT: What kind of reworking? And the keyword your talking about is Prophet right?
  • Flavorful N (As this creature enters the battlefield, an opponent may have you create N food tokens.)

If that player doesn't, the creature has a big enter-the-battlefield effect. Just like Tribute but with food tokens. For Throne of Eldraine. 

If you don't know what Tribute is, CLICK HERE: https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Tribute
  • No @joemamajoe, I'm definitely not a people pleaser, and I won't say something to someone just because they're in a position of power. I said that because I like the mechanic, since it does something I really like.
    And yeah, the mechanic was Prophet. I can def see that in a theros set or something like it.
    I don't know what, but what you said would probably help the mechanic.

• For those who play D&D and know what a paladin is:

Smite (Whenever [CARDNAME] deals damage to a creature, effect.)

• edited July 2020
    @dragonbornletter, it should be a ability word:

Smite - ...(whenever) CARDNAME deals (combat) damage to a creature, {effect}

BTW, I like how you copied my use of quote boxes for mechanics.

• edited August 2020
    Forced Spark {X({X}: Until the end of turn, this creature becomes a planeswalker. If this is the first time you activated this ability, put X loyalty counters on it. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.)

Dreamer - Whenever you scry one or more cards, [effect]

The Chosen 
    (You may pair this artifact with a creature when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired for as long as you control both of them.)
  • edited July 2020
    @CassZero:

Forced spark N {Cost} ({Cost}: Until end of turn, this creature becomes a planeswalker. If this is the first time you activated this ability, put N loyalty counters on it. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery and only once each turn.)
    DreamerWhenever you scry one or more cards, {effect}
    The chosen (You may pair this artifact with another creature when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired as long as you control both of them.)
  • edited August 2020

• edited July 2020
    Dissection {Cost} ({Cost}, Sacrifice this creature: Distribute a number of +1/+1 counters equal to this creature's toughness among any number of creatures you control.)

Wording/how I worded it: https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=482822
  • edited August 2020
    Gorge (Look at the top card of an opponent's library. You may exile it. Until end of turn, you may cast that card from exile.)