Tournament on Par Raga

2»

Comments

• Manya uses one of her gruthum to keep to the skies.
    The cultists use moderately constructed sail ships. @ThePhantomJoker
  • @Level20GnollBard Fair enough! But your little fleet is caught in some mist...

Whacha gonna do 'bout it?
  • edited August 2020
    Krass studied the environment while Saymon performs emergency maintenance on the excavator.
    '' We must go there!'', said the navigator pointing to the mountains.
    "Are you sure?", Suggested Krass fearfully as Saymon poked his ears to hear.
    '' Yes, I think our best option. The water model is still in the last details that Saymon went through. We must show the strength of this excavator'', the navigator was enthusiastic and so were the small robots.
    "Let's go then"

(Towards Orb C)

• @CassZero Neat little story! Could you please make it into a card to showcase your group's actions?
  • @ThePhantomJoker
    (Thank you. I will make. I'm not used to this model. :))
  • @v_OozeNinja_v Thanks. Your voyage - as everyone else's - is disrupted, this time by a flock of too curious birds.

How does the cult react?
  • The sea fog meant that the gnolls would have to take it slow. Fortunately, their shamans could still sense the place of power in Orb D. Finding it would be easy. Not crashing into one another in the fog would be another matter. 

Fortunately, one particularly ingenious gnoll shaman in the lead boat had the bright idea to cut through the fog in a particularly primal manner. Knowing that the fog would dissipate in warmer air, she stood at the head of the boat, making sure nothing was in front of her, then warmed the air with a jet of flame. 

• @Level20GnollBard Awesome! The gnolls have gotten rid of the fog and are now on their way to Orb D. Since you've started on 3.20, you end the turn on 3.19 and you will probably be able to reach the Orb next turn. Right now please wait until everyone has finished their turn.

Speaking of which, I'm still missing any actions from @FinalMove!
  • @CassZero Your journey along the island is interrupted by the arrival of a particular goblin merchant. He is very anoying and tries to sell you his stuff, but his prices are kinda high. He is also interested in one of your robots and offers a suspiciously looking potion in return.

What do you do? Do you exchange? Do you buy anything?
    (just a reminder, please represent your group's reaction with a card, it could be a little confusing with the goblin)
  • edited August 2020
    (Lately I don't have the head to create cards and make the stories. Lmao. I'll leave it open for later.)

@ThePhantomJoker
    I will not change the robots. Fear of reverse engineering. Since I don’t know how much money we started, I didn’t want to create an amount to see the goblin’s items. We refuse to move on.

(Do we start and earn some money for merchants like that? I like the idea of treasure tokens and / or gold being money. Do cards need to interact with yours when they appear? I am still learning about this dynamic of narrative.)
  • @CassZero The trader escapes.

Interesting idea you got there, but I'm unsure about implementing it. I wasn't really planning to do something like this and the thing is most of the islands are either absolute wilderness or at least uncivilized. Money doesn't really play a role here, it's just the goblins on this one island probably. 

And yes, your response card should interact with mine, this will be mostly apparent by the Orbs.
  • So. I think the first turn has been completed, so let's move on! Here's a summary of what happened:

@CassZero's Engineers have moved along the island and encountered a goblin trader, which they scared of. The group is now on 3.18 in close proximity of Orb C

@FinalMove's Soldiers were tragicaly lost at sea (they didn't respond in time)

@Level20GnollBard's Riverfangs have crossed the sea,dealt with a mist and ended up on 3.12 on their way to Orb D

@fire12's Palladins have dealt with turbulences on their way and have now arrived at the island of Orb B

@v_OozeNinja_v's Cult has arrived at the island of Orb I and is still being followed by a flock of annoying Cloudwings (since I haven't recieved any response to their presence). The Cloudwings will slightly disturb your concentration unless you decide to do something.

That's all, LET'S BEGIN ANOTHER TURN!
  • @ThePhantomJoker I really liked the saga style, but unfortunately I would like to leave. I will not have time to give the necessary attention here. Thanks for the fun and good luck.
  • @CassZero Oh, I understand. Thanks for your honesty and kind words. Looks like the Engineers got lost in the hills... Which leaves just three participants. Don't you dare give up on me, guys xd
  • Syrna tries to divine a way to go through the dangerous mountains around the Orb.
  • @fire12 Your group has successfully navigated through the mountains. The sense of a strange power draws you to one of the mountaintops, where you finally see that which you were looking for. There, just a few hundred meters ahead of you is a shrine and in the middle of it, you spot the Orb. There does not seem to be any guardian or anything protecting the shrine. You try to approach it, but then you find out, why the Orb seems unguarded. It has a protection, but you can't see it, unless you get close. A magical barrier keeps you about twenty meters away.

How do you get to the Orb?
  • Syrna attempts to get her company in by godly teleportation of the pure.
  • @fire12 Sweet! You've managed to outsmart the protection spell on the Orb, which is now in your posession! Please take count of your Orbs. For now it is just a mystical glass-like sphere that does nothing, but it will certainly be important!
  • The Riverfangs continue their trip south to Orb D. Using the aid of their shamans, they pinpoint the location of the orb, only to discover another problem. The orb doesn't rest on any island. What did this mean? Was it under the sea? For now, Kezzi thought, she would deal with that problem when she came to it.

This discussion has been closed.