Create-A-God III, Myths and Legends Edition

edited September 2020 in Contests and Challenges

Horus by Ptimm                               Hermes by Emile Denis                                      

Welcome fellow Smiths to Create-A-God III, Myths and Legends Edition

In the first Create-A-God, you were tasked with creating a God creature from either Myth or of your own creation. In the second Create-A-God, I added Demigods to the roster of cards to create. In this edition of Create-A-God, I will be adding Heavenly Artifacts to the list; Equipment used by the various Gods and Demigods.
In addition, your creations must be from the Mythology of Earth.

Card Requisites
-Must be a Historical God, Demigod, or Godly artifact
-New cards only. Lets see some awesome creativity
-Please try to credit the Artist
-Creations from Mtgcs, MtgDesign, and Mse will all be accepted,
though I will only be able to favorite cards on Mtgcs
-Lovcraftian Gods will be accepted as Historical.

Submissions may be separate from each other, or submitted as a group.
Those that are will be assessed for the Combo prize first, then the others.

Prizes
1st place: A follow and 3 Faves
2nd place: 3 Faves
3rd place: 2 Faves
Best Art: 2 Faves
Revan's Choice: 2 Faves
Best Combo: 3 Faves

All submissions from Mtgcs will receive a follow.
Limit of 3 Gods, 3 Demigods, and 3 Artifacts per person.

I will be accepting creations until the end of September.
Judging will then happen within a week, depends on how swamped I am with classes.

Now, time to appease the Gods!

Comments

• @Revan
    Does the creature have to have the god or demigod subtype?

Also, what is the entry limit?
  • @murkletins
    Creatures may be either subtype.

Thanks for asking that, I forget every time.

The entry limit is 3 of each type. I will also update the header with that information.
  • I also assume you are talking about the combo. For the combo, it will be one God, one Demigod, and one Artifact.
  • Okay, you answered all my questions exactly. Thanks!
  • Your welcome
  • edited August 2020

Some examples for you.
  • Deleted.
  • @Daedalus_The_All_Father

I'm sorry to inform you that none of these cards qualify. If you read up above, all cards must be from Historical Myth. These are nice cards, but they don't meet the reqs.
  • Updated our thread to mention yours in the main post and the comments.
  • @Revan Alright, sorry about that.
  • edited August 2020

#Toxicity
    I loved this challenge as I have a love for mythologies! 

• Based on the creator in the mythology of the native people in the area I lived in.
  • edited August 2020
  • edited August 2020
    Thanks @murkletins. If y'all are interested, go check out murkletins East2wests Cutsom Deckbuilder contest. ;)
  • @KorandAngels and @LordTachanka123 Great cards. I love Nuare Studios work; its awesome art. The fact that you used native art for Bunjil is awesome. I love it.
  • -redacted-
    (but i'm entering, I just need to tweak something :smile: )
  • Skadi Mistress of the Hunt Aegir of the Seven Seas Tsathoggua Dark Whisperer

Skadi and Aegir are based on Norse gods, and Tsathoggua is drawn from the Lovecraft canon.
  • Nice cards, left Faves
  • edited August 2020

Created Czernobog, the dark Slavic god. Not much is known about him, except that he's the wicked counterpart to Belobog, his light brother. Not sure whether I made this up or whether this is actually part of the myth, but in my head he unseats his brother every year by killing him and ushering in winter- hence you have to sac another legendary. He's an evil version of  everything his brother is, so I made him copy other legendaries, only in a dark and sinister way of his own...
  • edited August 2020
    These cards are based on the religion of the Igbo people in Southeastern Nigeria. I found the concept of ọgbanje morbidly fascinating, so I thought I'd share, in case you're not familiar. Ogbanje is a term in the Igbo culture for what was believed to be an evil spirit that would deliberately plague a family with misfortune. Its literal translation in the Igbo language is "children who come and go". Modern scholars believe, however, that the truth behind childhood death in the tribe was actually caused by families predisposed to have sickle-cell issues. The sickle-cell disease might have limited itself to a particular genetic line, so the Igbo belief arose that certain families were plagued by an evil spirit who kept returning to a mother and killing her children to feed off the family's grief. They also believed that an Iyi-uwa was the object (a stone, a doll, any artifact) that bound the ogbanje to the world, causing it to return and be born again to the same mother. They believed that a tribal priest could end the ogbanje's stay on earth by digging up the Iyi-uwa and destroying it.  I changed the actual names of the spirits and artifacts for these cards out of respect for the real Igbo culture that still exists today.  

• great cards
  • Showing my support by wumpin.
  • edited August 2020
    I decided to go in a unique direction and look into the mythology of the Native Americans, or as some would say, the Indians. The mythology actually varied from tribe to tribe, and my search led me to the mythology of the Iroquois people. They had an interesting story of creation, but I decided to go for something a little different. Enter Hé-no, the thunder spirit of the far west.

Hé-no is a benevolent spirit said to bring thunder, clouds, and rain. He is also associated with certain plants, and therefore, can be associated with the harvest as well. He is an enemy to evil, namely witches and malevolent spirits. He has come down to Earth twice to face threats, once to kill a serpent at the Great Lakes, and another time to slay stone giants and save his people.

Note: It was very difficult to find art for Hé-no that worked. This is not an accurate representation of them.
  • Lets have a little...

Bumpity bump
  • Lakshmi is a Hindu goddess of wealth and fortune.

• Tiberinus, the Roman god of the Tiber river.

Lacking actual Tiberinus art, I used Poseidon art by Ast Ralf.
  • edited September 2020

Fortuna is the Roman goddess of fortune and is also known as Lady Luck.
  • edited September 2020
    In Greek mythology, Prometheus stole fire from the gods and gave it to mankind. As punishment, Zeus chained him to the side of a mountain where everyday a vulture would tear out and eat his regenerating liver. Zeus then took vengeance on mankind by giving them a gift that, when opened, would release evil into the world.

Prometheus Thief of Fire
    *Bestow Mountain (If you cast this card for its bestow cost, it's an Aura spell with enchant Mountain. It becomes a creature again if it's not attached to a Mountain.)

Pandoras Box

• Mars Ultor is the Roman god of war, and represented to the people using military power to secure peace.
This discussion has been closed.