Mystery Box Tournament - Circuit Challenge

Comments

• edited September 2020

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ocoro-wizened-wanderbark

Create a Planeswalker with artwork set in a forest or woods.

looked for suitable art for 45 minutes and couldnt find anything, thought screw it, why make something among trees when I could just make a tree. And because i'm probably going to lose anyway I figured I may as well experiment with it
  • @jpastor
    Round 1 Mystery Challenge: Create an Enchantment card that mentions Volrath in the flavor text.
    (The image is the link)
  • edited September 2020
    Create a Planeswalker with artwork set in a forest or woods:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/grovar-deeproot

• Hello contestants,

Thank you for your enthusiasm so far! A reminder to copy and paste your challenge in your entry post so that I don't have to scroll back and forth to figure out which challenge you had!

Thanks!

@SNAPcreator7
    @Potato13
    @CassZero
  • edited September 2020
    Mystery challenge: Create a creature of common rarity that's mana cost is 7 or greater
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/fira-dreams-ambassy

• Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that's a Seraph.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/seraph-of-the-wardens

- Mystery Box Prize 82 for Scaccogaming: Reveal an unrevealed prize from the Mystery Box prize list. You get that prize!  (@jpastor I'll reveal the prize number 100, if you please.)
  • edited September 2020
    @jpastor

Here is my round 1 entry:
    Mystery Challenge: Create a noncreature card with a Spider in the artwork.

After browsing through many spider cards, I realized that spiders have a strong connection to graveyards and appeared mostly in black and green. This is also connected to the spider theme by Ishkanah, Grafwidow.

I hope you like this entry!
  • edited September 2020
    @jpastor
    Mystery Challenge: Create a noncreature card with a Spider in the artwork.
    (card link: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/spider-breeding

(The last ability seems familiar. I wonder if it's on a certain card...) 
    Good luck @shadow123
  • @LyndonF Haha! I almost used that same art on a similarly designed enchantment!! Good luck!
  • Your Round 1 Mystery Challenge: Create a flying creature whose toughness is at least double its power.

• Round 1 Mystery Challenge: Create a gold, split-colored Instant card with CMC 2.
    In regards to CMC, X is always equal to 0, so this works.
  • Round 1 Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that's a Seraph.

Entry:

Fiameta Seraph of the Valiant
  • Round 1 Mystery Challenge: Create a rare, green creature that would fit in the Shadowmoor expansion set.
  • My Round 1 Challenge: Create a creature with an activated ability that requires it to tap to active.

• edited September 2020
    My Round 1 Mystery ChallengeCreate an instant or sorcery card with "at random" in its ability text.

• Hello participants!

Results from Round 1 are posted on the Mystery Box website. Round 2 Mystery Boxes to follow this post, but first a few announcements!

We had 1 participant disqualified for no entry/no response. Their prize has been revoked. As a result, the bye weeks and previously mentioned Round 3 matchups have been deleted for:
    - @Blacktyger00
    - @DomriKade
    - @LyndonF

@BurningWaffle - Your 4th matchup has been deleted. The entry you posted was for the 4th matchup challenge, but you did not post an entry for your Round 1 matchup. A gratuitous extension to your round 1 deadline has been issued, since your 4th matchup has been canceled. Please submit a card for your Round 1 entry by the Round 2 deadline. Once more, your Round 1 Mystery Box is as follows:

@BurningWaffle vs @DomriKade ;(already submitted)
    Your Tournament Mystery Box contains:
    Mystery Box Prize 76 for BurningWaffle: 2 favorites of my choice + 1 of your choice
    Mystery Box Prize 18 for DomriKade: 4 favorites of my choice
    - Your Tournament Mystery Challenge: Create an instant or sorcery card with "at random" in its ability text.

@Blacktyger00 had the round 1 bye, but will replace the disqualified participant for Round 1, assuming the following challenge vs @ArinSka (entry submitted already). The entry for this challenge is due by the Round 3 deadline for BlackTyger00. ArinSka does not need to do anything more for Round 1 except wait. Black Tyger, your Round 1 Mystery Challenge:

@BlackTyger00 vs @ArinSka
    Your Round 1 Mystery Challenge: Create a gold, split-colored Instant card with CMC 2.
  • edited September 2020
    @jpastor
    Will the form of judgment be posted later?
  • Round 2 Matchups:

Everyone should scroll down and view TenebrisNemo's prize (marked with a  B) and check out BurningWaffle's prize (marked with a  <3 )

@Blacktyger00  vs @shadow123
    - Mystery Box Prize 67 for Blacktyger00: Favorites on your 4 most recently created cards 
    Your Round 2 Mystery Challenge: Create the third Wolfir creature card.

@DomriKade vs @bnew07
    - Mystery Box Prize 55 for bnew07: a favorite on your entry for this challenge 
    Your Round 2 Mystery Challenge: Create a card featuring a megalith in the artwork. Example

@Aggroman15 vs @Scaccogaming
    - Mystery Box Prize 17 for Aggroman15: 1 favorite for every box without a prize this round (=0 favorites, sorry)
    - Mystery Box Prize 30 for Scaccogaming: 2 favorites of your choice
    Your Round 2 Mystery Challenge: Create a blue and red creature card with at least BlueBlue and RedRed in the cast cost.

@Potato13 vs @Usaername
    Mystery Box Prize 27 for Usaername: Favorites (2 of my choice + 2 of your choice) 
    Mystery Box Prize 67 for Potato13: a favorite on your 4 most recently created cards 
    Your Round 2 Mystery Challenge: Create a black permanent with landfall.

@Revan vs @SNAPcreator7  
    - Mystery Box Prize 86 for Revan: Reveal a prize from the Community Mystery Box (pick a prize # between 1 - 157). You get to name that prize and it gets added to the Mystery Box Prize list. 
    Your Round 2 Mystery Challenge: Create a colorless permanent with an ability that gives it colors.

@TenebrisNemo vs @ArinSka
     B) - Mystery Box Prize 88 for TenebrisNemo - The Prize-Named Prize Namer PrizeEvery cardsmith with a prize this round gets to name that prize!
    Your Round 2 Mystery Challenge: Create a card with the Simic watermark that has both blue and green colors in the artwork, but doesn't have "Simic" in the card name.

@LyndonF vs @MemoryHead
    - Mystery Box Prize 44 for MemoryHead: A follow 
    Your Round 2 Mystery Challenge: Create a card that's flavor text occupies at least half its text field. Example = 18 Rabbit

@East2West vs @Ranshi
    - Mystery Box Prize 32 for East2West: 1 favorite for every box with a prize this batch (=5 of your choice + 6 of jpastor's choice) 
    - Mystery Box Prize 5 for Ranshi: Favorites (2 of jpastor's choice -OR- 1 of your choice) 
    Your Round 2 Mystery Challenge: Create a Cat Cleric creature card.

@Dizzydude vs @BurningWaffle
    <3 - Mystery Box Prize 102 for BurningWaffle: The honorable mention from this round will be the September Mystery Box featured card winner.
    Your Round 2 Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a quote from a passage in a book or other literature in its flavor text. For example, Durkwood Boars uses a Bible verse. 

@CassZero vs @Abu_Jafar
    - Mystery Box Prize 82 for CassZero: Reveal an unrevealed mystery box prize from the website. You get that prize.
    Your Round 2 Mystery Challenge: It's getting close to Halloween... create a creature that's a Mummy.

@Faiths_Guide vs @ArmisJoe
    - Mystery Box Prize 38 for Faiths_Guide: 5 favorites of jpastor's choice
    - Mystery Box Prize 66 for ArmisJoe: Favorites (4 of jpastor's choice -OR- 2 of your choice)
    Your Round 2 Mystery Challenge: Create a Zombie + [animal subtype] creature card.
  • Good luck @Faiths_Guide ;
    @jpastor i'll take 4 from your choice, thank you :)
  • Here's my entry, hope I can win this one...
    Challenge: Create a blue and red creature card with at least BlueBlue and RedRed in the cast cost.

Photreus the Stormsteed
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/photreus-the-stormsteed

As for the prize, can you please fav these cards?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/gasheen-the-omniscent
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/miraza-beehive-transmuter

@jpastor As for @TenebrisNemo's prize, I honestly don't think I understand what it means. Do we get to decide our prize? Or we can choose the name of our prizes...? 
  • Round 2 Mystery Challenge: Create a card with the Simic watermark that has both blue and green colors in the artwork, but doesn't have "Simic" in the card name.
  • @jpastor I'll take #42 please.
    Card to come.
  • edited September 2020

A Cat Cleric creature card
  • @jpastor , My challenge was "Create a black permanent with landfall." So here you go.

• edited September 2020
  • Round 2 Mystery Challenge: Create a Cat Cleric creature card.
    My Prize:
    Mystery Box Prize 5: Favorites (2 of jpastor's choice -OR- 1 of your choice)
    I'd like to name that prize "Divine Edict". Also favorite whatever two cards.
    Let's hope I actually win this challenge, seeing as this card I also worked very hard on too.
  • @jpastor - The prize I got is for other people who got an unnamed prize, but I don't get to name anything? It's kinda confusing...
  • edited September 2020

Create a black permanent with landfall.
This discussion has been closed.