You could become a Cardsmith of the Century! Enter now!

Comments

• @jpastor Sorry, but I believe that the contest's already reached the point where the eight "tournament participants" have been chosen. As such, I don't think further two-card batches are being accepted.
  • I might need extra time, as I am working swing shift today and probably can't make a card until sometime after 11PM Pacific Standard Time
  • edited September 2020
    @Corwinnn
    Forfeit!!!

I'm sure it doesn't matter much, but whatever the decision to help out Corwinnn, I'm good with. And if you want to hold off on posting the criteria so I don't have an advantage of extra time, I'm also good with.
  • @Corwinnn, I'll give you some extra time.
  • @Everyone , the winner of Cardsmith of the Century: Quarterfinals Day 2 is,

@MemoryHead ! Congrats.

@shadow123 , it was very close! Your card was awesome!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Now, time for,

Quarterfinals Day 3 (Sept 20th) @Suicidal_Deity  VS @Corwinnn

___________________________________________________________________________________

Today, you guys will have to design two cards with partner. It can either be partner with each other, or just both have normal partner. They both need to be the same color. You have to Sept 22th, 2020, 2:00, EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).

Good luck Guys.
  • I can't say I didn't expect this, but there will still be some disappointment.

@MemoryHead Congrats! Your card was definitely better than mine. You deserved to win.
  • Whew, wasn't sure I was going to make it there. Thanks for the match @shadow123

I said I would give you some feedback on your card once doing so wouldn't constitute shooting myself in the foot, so here we go. Just a couple of tiny little points, but it's the little things that make the big whole:

- Cards with conspire always, always, always have two similar individuals in the art. It's one of the major aesthetic aspects of the ability, and something that shot down several of my concepts. It's purely aesthetic, of course, and so you can ignore it, but it's the kind of detail that you ignore at your own peril. I know there's a sort of shadowy dragon snout thing in the back of the art, but it's basically invisible and it certainly isn't similar.

- You copy-and-pasted the wrong reminder text for conspire. There are three real reminder texts that exist for it. One's for spells with no targets. Another's for spells with one target. The final's for spells with two or more targets. You've accidentally got the "single target" one where you need the "two or more" one. My brain was having a proper hissy fit about this one when you were asking for feedback over on the Discord yesterday. I was certain somebody else'd catch it, but apparently not.
  • @MemoryHead Thanks so much for the feedback! I tried to find art with two or more individuals in the art doing some sort of counterspell-y magic, but I couldn't find anything that fit well which is why I only had one character. Thanks for the feedback again!
  • Oh yeah... Sorry guys. From now on, I'll give you some feedback.
  • edited September 2020
    @Everyone , the winner of Cardsmith of the Century: Quarterfinals Day 3 is,

@Corwinnn ! Congrats.

@Suicidal_Deity , nice try! Your entries were cool too!

Feedback: @Suicidal_Deity, your cards felt really red and blue, with some black. I think their a little too underpowered. I would change cost to UBRG.

@Corwinnn, the first one needs quotations on the flavor text. Other than that, your entries are awesome!

I favorited all.

Look out for:

Quarterfinals Day 4 (Sept 25th) @DrakeGladis VS @East2West

• Hohoho.... This'll be fun
  • Awesome! I think the Art Crawl took the most time! Thanks to SD for being such a strong competitor! I am looking forward to round 2!
  • edited September 2020
    @Corwinnn

Congrats! While the ego in me is annoyed, the laziness is grateful I don't have more homework. Ha ha.

@joemamajoe
    Thanks for the feedback and the contest 'twas fun.
  • Come on.... I don't have a lot of time today.
  • @Everyone, Time for:

Quarterfinals Day 4 (Sept 25th) @DrakeGladis VS @East2West

You guys must design a conspiracy card. Simple.

This match ends Sept 26, 2020, at 2:00 Eastern Daylight Time.

Good luck!
  • What the heck are these?

• edited September 2020

• Well, since none of whatever @joemamajoe was trying seems to have worked and that link appears to be broken (well, for me), I'm going to contribute. The Conspiracy card type is something invented specifically for the limited format of the two Conspiracy sets. You start with them in your command zone doing various different things, and they provide passive effects. Some are minor, while others have the potential to entirely reshape the play style your deck uses. Here's a list of all of them:

https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=name&q=type:conspiracy
  • Only one because it's just that odd.
  • Oh! @East2West hasn't been active since yesterday!
  • edited September 2020

Here, sorry for the delay. I'm in the middle of some life stuff.
  • @DrakeGladis, nice entry! I love how it is really balanced and not too strong or too weak!

@East2West, very creative! I love how it is really useful and looks fun to play with!

You guys will know the winner in about 3 hours.
  • Same @East2West plus this was a really.... out of the way card type to design for me seeing as I'd never seen one before.
  • The winner of Cardsmith Of The Century: QF Day 4 is none other than...

@DrakeGladis! Nice try, @East2West! Your entry was just much too strong! I would make it all players and change it to a mythic rare.

@DrakeGladis, your entry was a perfectly-designed conspiracy. I don't see anything balance-wise or flavor-wise that is wrong with it!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

Now for,

Semifinals Day 1 (Sept 26th) Winner of @DrakeGladis VS Winner of @fire12

_____________________________________________________________________________________

You guys must design a card with 9 words or less. VERY SIMPLE

You have until 3:00, eastern daylight time, tomorrow!

GO GO GO!

This discussion has been closed.