CARDS OF MTGCARDSMITHS 2020!!!!!

Comments

• I love it so much @Usaername!
  • edited September 2020
    @Usaername if you would like to make one for me that would be great. (idk if i'm supposed to put any specifications here, so I'll just do it.)
    If possible, if the character you decide to go with is a legendary humanoid, should you choose to make it, please use a feminine character and pronouns and the name "Aicy".
    If i had to go with themes, probably, bant oriented faeries, naya oriented knights, jellyfish? Honestly, I think it would be ideal if you got an idea from looking through a few of my cards. (But i'd understand if you don't want to do that.)
    I hope this is alright. If you choose to do it, ty in advance!
  • Thanks so much for the cards!!
  • Aicy Valiant of Ironcrush
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/aicy-valiant-of-ironcrush

@IronCrusher here ya go! I got the double strike synergy from looking through your cards
  • @Usaername Nice! I like how you approached card draw with r/w!
  • Faves awarded to those who took part in the sorinjace birthday/mini challenge! This month really has lots of wonderful entries. It will be difficult to pick a top 3 among these awesome  cards.
  • @shadow123 dont give me too much credit. I just stole it from the new Akiri card lmao
  • @Usaername Thank you! Love it, the tap ability is something that feels quite fun with double strikers. I always love legendary creatures that give boros some card advantage. Altough currently she would only draw one card per combat and I'm not entirely sure if that was what was intended.
    Either way, really, thank you for making this!
  • @IronCrusher I think it was intended, because boros isn't usually supposed to draw a bunch of cards. Yeah, this is definitely amazing.
  • edited September 2020
    she has the potential to draw as many cards as you have opponents, or at least that was the intent
  • edited September 2020
    That works as intended, I think! (As long as you attack each opponent)
  • edited September 2020
    @shadow123 @Usaername I'm sorry if this is a bit nitpicky, because i love the card to bits, but she only draws one card because of the way the trigger was worded, if i understand correctly, she is supposed to work like Akiri, but Aicy here (yay) triggers whenever you attack with one or more creatures (and an opponent, but all other players are opponents in this case) whereas Akiri triggers whenever you attack a player.
    You can only attack once with one or more creatures, while you can attack multiple players, so if you attack three opponents, Aicy(yay) will trigger only once, whereas Akiri will trigger three times (assuming conditions are met.)

Edit: This is the reason why Akiri was worded the way it is, it feels a bit off, but it was the best way to get the desired effect. "Whenever you attack a player with one or more creatures with double strike, you may draw a card."
    Edit 2: Of course, i could be deathly wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to work like this.
  • I'm pretty sure she draws more but *shrug*
  • Here's the Cardsmith version of @sorinjace's card:
    Sorinjace Ruin Forger
  • Right! Sorry I’m late with this month! There were so many amazing entries and it was hard for me to choose just 3!

The winners of September are-
    @East2West with Cass, Scion of Oloro
    @Usaername with Aicy, Valiant of Ironcrush
    @CassZero with Daedalus, Conscious Maze

Each of you may request 2 faves of your choice!

Here the rules and rewards again too:
    The rules are simple: Make any type of card for any cardsmith (including yourself) and have fun! Also, make sure that there is nothing disrespectful. One old card can be entered each month.

I will award faves to the top three cards designed each month, then at the very end of the year...

1st place: 10 favorites, a follow, and the winning card will be FEATURED!!
    2nd place: 8 favorites and a follow
    3rd place: 5 favorites and a follow
    4th - 10th place: 3 favorites
    11th-20th place: 2 favorites
    21st-25th place: 1 favorite
    I’m looking forward to all the entries in for October!! Keep it up everyone!

• eyyy 2nd nice. Just fave what you think deserves it idk. 

Anybody tryna get a card made of them?
  • I didn't even realize there were actual prizes for this lmao.

Any two of your choice would be wonderful, thank you so much!
  • Can be two to your choice. No problem.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/CassZero
  • Is anyone taking requests?
  • I know you already did it for me, but if nobody wants it, I will always want one every month  :D o:)
  • I'll take a card
  • @Abu_Jafar I am taking requests. if you'd like one, a color/race/gender/mechanical theme would be nice to have
  • Choy Boi Kin of Macar
    Here is a card for @ChoyBoi, hope you like it!

and @Usaername, if you want to make a card for me that would be great! I use male pronouns, and suprise me for the rest! (But if you do get stuck, I am a fan of Sultai, Temur, and Orzhov colours.)
  • I love it!! I do love the orzhov colors.
  • @Usaername Awesome card, but oh my...that has lots of memory issues... Still- that's totally one of the coolest concepts I've seen in this contest so far!