Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• edited September 2020
    (no more posts)
  • @CassZero The wording is a little off. This should fix the wording trouble: "Counter target spell. Its controller creates a tapped X/X white Spirit creature token, where X is equal to the countered spell's converted mana cost." Also, it is a little weak for a rare. I would lower the rarity to uncommon. Here's my card, which is also a counterspell for Interceptember:
  • edited September 2020
    @CassZero - I saw your favorite on the card earlier, but then I noticed you had removed it. Why did you do that? 
  • @fire12 - Faved. Brilliant flavor and design!

Posting this again because I didn't get a comment nor a favorite. Post a constructive comment on it and/or favorite it before posting up to two cards of your own:

Swift Execution
  • @TenebrisNemo faved and commented.

Please comment on and/or favorite the above card before posting your own!

• @IronCrusher, holy smokes. that's a beautiful card. Is the last upkeep trigger part of the level 7 stage or an overall feature?

Thoughts?
  • @Temurzoa the last upkeep trigger is supposed to be part of the lv 7 stage. ill try making that more clear on new level cards.
  • @Temurzoa Favorited. Seems a little weak, though. Here's my card:
  • @fire12. Don't have much to say, except that that's a simple common. (Depending on the build of your decks, I don't know how many I'd generally put that card in)
    This is a card I based on the cardsmith @Dizzydude.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/moarak-duke-of-midnight
    This card is, supposed to be not excessive, control, and synergetic.
  • @Mir-151414 The card is pretty nice, there's a space before "flying" though. 
    Here's my card
  • Lol @jaceberlin. Didn't notice. *facepalm*
  • edited September 2020
    @jaceberlin i like the concept, but there a few things i'd like to comment.

First the mana cost, on boros cards, red pips usually go before white pips, a small thing, but i think it would improve the look of the card. 
    This can be seen on the border and there is a border for red/white (red/white/gold in the cardmaker) so i'd change it to that, same as the above point, small, but it would improve the look of the card.

Then there is the wording, the 3's after "at least" and "the top" should be written out as "three" numbers are generally only used on damage, life loss, life gain, +X and -X effects and things that refer to converted mana cost, power and toughness (might have missed one or two). Otherwise the number is usually written out.

I also don't really get why this card shuffles your library and when you are putting a creature directly on the battlefield, you generally shouldn't need to reveal it, as people will know what it is as it hits the field, there is no reason to check it.
    I'd change the wording on the card to this: "Whenever Winota's Beastback and at least three other creatures you control attack, look at the top three cards of your library. You may put a creature card from among them onto the battlefield tapped. Put the rest of the cards on the bottom of your library in a random order." 

Then there is power level, although the ability isn't the easiest to trigger, requiring four attacking creatures, being able to cheat any creature into play can get very, very bad really quickly. I'd at the very least restrict the ability somewhat, perhaps only getting creatures below a certain power or toughness (...put creature card with power X or less from...), or maybe only putting humans into play like Winota does ("...put a Human creature card from...), although i would make it a 3/3 at that point.

I'm sorry if this is out of line, but i hope this helps! (Of course, if anything i mentioned was incorrect or not sufficient please correct me on it.)

Either way, here is my card:

Please comment on and/or favorite the above card before posting your own!

• edited September 2020
    @IronCrusher - The card seems balanced for its cost and rarity, but I think the flavor is a bit off. How does it nurture skills by giving you life for each dead creature? Maybe that effect could be replaced with something that distributes +1/+1 counters, but then the cost and/or body should be adjusted in the process as well.

I also don't know why this has green in the mana cost (other than the fact it's an Elf.) All the effects could be on a monowhite card. If you add +1/+1 counter effects, then I could easily see this as a Selesnya card.

Minor nitpicks, but I wish the theme was stronger in this well-balanced card with such neat artwork!

Here's my card. Post a constructive comment on it and/or favorite it before posting up to two cards of your own:

Witchs Broom
  • edited September 2020
    @TenebrisNemo The card and custom icon are both great, I have one problem with it though, "witch" is a subtype, and Witch's broom doesn't effect them.

Here's my card:

• @jaceberlin Witch is not a subtype. As of Throne of Eldraine, MTG has actually covered witches and others of that sort under the subtype "Warlock". The card's correct on that front.
  • @jaceberlin - My first thought is that the Split mechanic is somewhat complex. What if I have a Glorius Anthem out and this is a 7/7? What is 7 divided by 3? Does it need to be rounded down or rounded up? It's important to keep every possibility in mind when designing a mechanic and, as it is, I fear this can cause some headaches.

Also, the world 'split' suggests to me that the creature breaks up into smaller creatures rather than gets smaller. A very good example of a card like this is Wurmcoil Engine: https://scryfall.com/card/2xm/308/wurmcoil-engine

Perhaps that could be the basis for a mechanic? So that when the creature dies, you create two creature tokens with half the P/T of the original creature rounded either up or down?

Which then leads to whether mechanics should be keyworded. With the exception of things like Epic, mechanics are generally seen on multiple cards at various rarities throughout a set. How many split cards do you want in a set? How well would that fit at common? Might it be better to just create a cool unkeyworded card that's reminiscent of Wurmcoil Engine? It's just a suggestion. Maybe the mechanic could work as a keyword but just something to think about.

---

Here's my card. I'm posting it here becuase I've been going back and forth on the stats and it'd be great to get some feedback on how balanced it is. I'm not expecting it to be a Standard all-star. If it's just a janky build-around that's cool. Or maybe I'm completely mis-evaluating it and it's really broken?

Thanks.
  • @jaceberlin - What @MemoryHead said is true. Additionally, if you look for creatures with the word "Witch" in their name in Scryfall, you'll notice that none of them have the "Witch" subtype, but some other subtype that is generally linked with magic (Wizard, Shaman, Warlock, etc.)

https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=name&q=Witch+type:creature
  • edited September 2020
    @Animist the power, toughness and mana cost seem perfect for this effect to me. I also quite like the flavor, like media infectious type zombie. Currently its power level feels a bit low though, so i think if i had any commentary, i'd go into the media zombie theme a bit more.

Perhaps giving it deathtouch, as a single bite or scratch is usually enough to infect a creature, or perhaps wither, for similar reasons but not always ensuring death, so a non lethal wound won't turn it, but still weaken it.

Deathtouch would make it a lot stronger though, especially as a blocker that just won't die, (the tenacity would feel flavorful though imo) so perhaps, should it gain deathtouch, a clause like "Must attack each combat if able" to represent the more mindless hungry zombie aspect, or even last strike(although that might be a bit too memey), if you want to flavor it like the more slow zombie type.

With wither you could also lean more into a -1/-1 counter theme, perhaps turning all cards that die with -1/-1 counters on em while this is on the field. (But that would also be quite powerful.)

Keeping it the way it is seems perfectly fine as well, it would be a bit weaker, but I, for example, would still love to find ways to make this work.

Honestly, i do agree that this effect feels hard to evaluate, but there are also a lot of flavorful ways to do it. So have fun with it i say.
    I hope my advice semi-coherent rambling helps somewhat at least!

Either way, here are my cards (I heard you can post up to two cards, so I'll be doing that.)

So, please give a useful comment and/or leave a favorite on either or both of the above cards before posting up to two of your own.

• @IronCrusher Both cards are great! Good work. Here's my card:
  • edited September 2020
    @fire12 - I'm not sure I understand the flavor completely, is tapping connected to longing? Also, black usually cares about the masses of dead, but other than that it's mostly solitary color. If it wasn't for the last ability, this could be monowhite. Speaking of which, Wizards don't use both +1/+1 counters and -1/-1 on the same set, let alone on single cards.

If you want to keep the theme of a Warrior, who others admire, wants glory, and also a ticket home at the same time, I'd suggest something like this while also keeping the effects somewhat similar thematically:

Mana cost: {1}{w}

Rarity: Uncommon

Longing Warrior gets +1/+1 for each creature you control.

When Longing Warrior leaves the battlefield, skip your next combat phase.

Power/Toughness = 0/0

Here's my card. Post a constructive comment on it and/or favorite it before posting up to two cards of your own:

Elemental Hostilities
  • @TenebrisNemo The card's great, but still has a few problems:
    • It's hard to tell the rarity
    • the color assignments seem pretty random

My card:

• edited September 2020
    @jaceberlin - You can clearly see the gold color on the set symbol. Gold color on the set symbol means that the card's rarity is rare.

As for the color assignments, it's not random. Each color deals/receives double damage to/from their enemy colors (the colors which are not right next to them in the color pie.)

Posting this again since I didn't get a constructive comment nor a favorite. Post a constructive comment on it and/or favorite it before posting up to two cards of your own:

Elemental Hostilities
  • @TenebrisNemo, the card makes a lot of sense. I'll leave a favorite.

• Here's my card:
    Sorinjace Ruin Forger
  • Wow, I'm tired this morning, I forgot to add a link:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sorinjace-ruin-forger
  • edited September 2020
    @Choyboi Your card is a very interesting chain. Paying to explore and only situationally is a bit weak, but all of the payoffs for activating it make it worth it. A solid, interesting card.
    My ones (Please feedback both please)

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/titanic-scalelord
    I know this goes off with Ajani's Pridemate, but I don't care.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/teferi-the-redeemed-2
    (I had to remake Teferi a few times.)
  • edited September 2020
    @TenebrisNemo I like Swift Execution! I think it should cost 1R though. A +4 to power is a serious boost for one mana, especially when you combo it with something like Raking Claws or Hightened Reflexes, 1-2 mana stuff that gives things first strike or double strike.

Sorry I forgot to change the typing on the second side to ‘Angel Knight’, but that’s what it’s supposed to be.
  • @KorandAngels Titanic Scalelord feels nice and flavorful for a Dromoka dragon in my opinion.
    It going infinite also isn't really an issue in my opinion, as it is a 7 mana creature with a unique effect.
    The only thing i'd change is just a small wording thing mtg cards like to have, changing the trigger to: "Whenever one or more +1/+1 counters are put on another creature you control, you may gain that much life." but this isn't really necessary. Putting the 1 from gain 1 life on the next row of text as to not interfere with the border would make the card look a lot better though.

Then Teferi, the Redeemed, the first ability is really just, a very white and a very Teferi ability to have, so that fits quite nicely.
    I also like the -X ability as a concept for giving white some card advantage, but it's also an ability that gives you four 2/2's for four mana, which is, well, very strong if you consider that it also does other things. (Looking at Gideon's Phalanx and Revel of the Fallen God, this usually costs a lot more)
    Perhaps it would be better at being a -2 or maybe a -1, to manifest the top card of your library, power wise, considering you also get its static ability.
    The +1 seems a lot of fun, as you can turn it face up at any time, it feels a bit like, sneaky teferi time flavoring.
    Also playing a blink deck seems a lot of fun with this, because then you're just cheating things into play, which is a fun engine while still feeling balanced to me, so as a build around, that is great. 
    It's a really strong card right now, right now, so i'd still try and tweak it a bit, so i hope anything i said helps.

I'm very curious about the lore surrounding this version of the card, what the flavor behind choosing these abilities is, as manifest is usually an ability connected to Ugin, did he have something to do with it? Manifest also isn't really associated with a color because of it being an Ugin thing, so if you do have some lore for this card, please do tell. (Maybe put it in the comments.)

I'm really sorry if none of this helped, but i really wanted to comment on the cards, so, yanno, i hope it did.

Alrighty then, here are my cards:

imageimage

So, please give a useful comment and/or leave a favorite on either or both of the above cards before posting up to two of your own.

• @IronCrusher The first card seems nice in brawl or commander, as you can skip tax if an opponent has HP. The second card seems pretty useful as well. If you have anything that buffs up your creature it gets buffed up by almost double. I love both ideas.

@TenebrisNemo No. You can't just completely ignore the card I posted and post yours again. The card looks like a mythic, and you're neglecting your own mistake. Don't post here if you don't want people to judge you.

My card:

• @jaceberlin - We don't judge people here, we give feedback to cards. I wanted constructive criticism on my card since I used a new kind of templating on it, but I didn't get any. Instead I only got a quick comment that the set symbol was not clear and the card's effects were random, while neither point was true (on my device the rarity looks clear at least.) But you do realize that the effects are not random? Each color receives/deals double damage from/to their own enemy colors.