COLONISERS: Season 6!!! (Colonisers of Skyfaoll)

Comments

• I’ll post it tonight. I’m sorry to keep you waiting
  • edited September 2020
    (Moved cards down lower. Don't want to unnecessarily clutter the thread.)

I can't get lore in tonight. I'll have to do it tomorrow.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 It is ok. We can wait. All that has to be done is communication.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002

So, umm, still gonna do that lore?
  • edited September 2020

Greetings, citizens of Falun. It is I, Grand Consul Jerolf VI. Effective immediately, Falun will officially be put into lockdown. All citizens are ordered to remain inside at home until further notice. Refusal to follow protocol will result in immediate arrest and interrogation. We have a rogue faction hidden within our kingdom that wishes to see us destroyed. But we will not let that happen. For we are Falun; Conqueror of Kingdoms; Bringer of Hope; Home to the First K̴̢̡̩̱̤͉̜͖̣̫̼̫̺̒̽̀̾̈́e̴̡̨̧̠͎̫̩̖̲̟̙͈̟͇͂͜v̵̢̢̡͚͖͉͙̱̟͉͔̣̖̲͇̈̀̀͒͊̆̕ȃ̶̢̡̨̗͖̥̜̌̉́̚͝l̴̛̟͍̮͉̮̞̲̪̙̘̣͊̓̈́̑̍̒̉͊̓̏̅̄̾͘ë̴͈̳͙̺̮͎͐̍̀͑̿̿̃̔̍̚̕ͅȑ̴̝̺̋̇͆͗͘͘̕î̶̳̯̹̱́̃ö̶̢́̎́̒͗̄̓̓̎̚̕ņ̶̛̥̞́́̽̆͗̔͂́͜!̷̛̦̙̫̥̤̓̏̈́̚͜ ̸̧̢̛̲͎͈̝̮̙͎̬͙̲͓͔̆́͂̋͑͗̈́̕J̵̢̧̞͕̺͙͎̬̝̞̖͚̔̉̈́̓̌̇̌͘͝ù̸͖̣͇̣͔͖̘͚ş̴̛̰̭̯̰͕̦̗̹̲̝͊͐̿̔̀̌̏̄́͋̚ͅt̸͔̣̳̯͚̪̺͍͖̟̩̍͌̒̀̈́̇̓͑̾į̸̖͙̫̩͈̅̎͊̊̆̒͊̏̃͘̚c̵̡͎̗̖̻̝̞͇̃͂̈́́ḙ̵̛̠͎̌͛̓̿̃̇̔̀͐̈͒̕̚͝ ̵̡̮̞̉̊͒͑͊̋͆̃̐̂̐̓͝͝͝ŵ̷͚̭ͅi̶͙̩͗̈̕͝l̶̨̛͉̥̙͔̰̻̼̻̻̄̈͜l̶̡̛̙͔̜͕̣̮͑̓́̊̈̃͝ ̴̭̩̜̠̹͇̈́ḅ̷͇̼̝̩̟̻̥͓͒͛̿̒̿͘e̴͇̻͍̻̳̘̬̒͆̂͌̍͛̄͊̐̐̆͋̕͝ ̴̮̣̑̋̒́̽͐̀̒̈́̕̚ủ̷̖͇̗̯̗̦̉̃̏͋͐́̎̚ͅp̶̻͓͎̞̖̞̅̔̀͒͗́͑̕͝͝ẖ̷̢̪̺̤̥̦̻͇͈̼͖͗̋̇͑͐͜e̶̛̼͙̜͖̮̤̪͑͐͆̀͆̐͗͂͝͝l̴̟̍̋̆͑̋̋̅̿̊̎͝d̷̨̛̘͓̳̺̮̪͕̯͎̜͆̍̀̀̊͘͝ͅ!̶̡̫̘̬̬̱͂͒̽͠

Heh.

Hahaha.

HahahaHA.

H̵͙͚̃̐̓̈́̂̿̈̿̔̅͠͠A̸̹̖̐̓̽̓̄̍́͠͝͝ͅH̴̡̢̛͙̳̙̤͙̖̣̰̣̅̈́͗̓̑̓͝Ȁ̵̡̨͙̺̘̭̮̣̜̬̝͌H̶̡̯͙͉̺̰̫̖͎͗́͜Â̵̺͈͈̠̪̓́̍̋̍̇̽͆̓̀͒͘̕ͅḨ̴̛̳̗̹̥͈̊̄̑́̌̇̿͂̌̚͠͝Ă̵̦̮̱̾̾ͅH̵̰͇̞̝̠̳̭̞͚̘͎̙̝͉͋́͊̚ͅÁ̴̧̢̠̺͓͖̤͈̟̦͕̼̣͐̃̎!̴̛̩̜̹̌̽̐͗̃

Those poor, miserable, insolent fools! Do they think they can get rid of the very agents that set the stage for their downfall!? They are fighting against forces they can barely comprehend! No, Falun will cower before the might of the Disciples of Moktaraktus! 

Alas, poor Florence. You were truly a wonderful individual. It is a shame then that you sided with the enemy. Your skill at espionage was spectacular. But fret not! For you too will revel in the joy of watching Falun burn!

But it is not time to end Falun just yet. The other factions will be an obstacle to our plans. Your own cunning proves to be a valuable asset to us once again, Florence, planting those spies in their colonies. Your spies may have been ultimately useless in acquiring the information you desired, but they will be the perfect vessels for a scheme of my own design. We will not merely learn everything the colonies hold dear. We will erase it.

As for Faolinq, its intervention will only be more of a burden to Falun than to us, Septhis’ faithful. The fall of the Blightweald has granted us valuable lumber, prime for ships tailored to the Wurm’s roiling seas. Falun has traversed the blind eternities for several centuries, all in order to flee from us. They may not have noticed the passage of time, but we have, and we are bolder than ever due to that. Do you hear that, worm? You awaken to incite dread in us all, and instead we laugh in your face. Surely there is no greater shame than that.

Although the worm is of little relevance to our plans, its heart is anything but. Transporting a piece of Nothor in a timely manner is vital to our plan. It would seem futile, seeing as the journey to Avelaide would take too long under normal circumstances. But with the will of our master, simple concepts like Time and Space can be erased. What would take several centuries can be ventured in mere moments.

To think that such power exists, it would be foolish not to devote yourself to its master. Imagine the possibilities! Parts of reality that bring misery to the world could be erased, bringing true bliss and happiness! Melancholy and Injustice would cease to exist! And that is not the end of it! Join our cause, and all of reality will be at the grasp of your fingertips! Does Tetravain provide any of that? No, he only blesses those most favored by him, leaving the rest of you all as paupers and slaves, when you could be so much more! Now, I will ask you once more: Will you join us in our cause and experience the greatest moments of your being, or will you slowly rot under the reign of a mere tyrant?

It's done! (Just to note, I am attacking all colonies except for the Cult of the Wheel and the Armies of Midnight. Tetravain's Followers is also partly spared from this attack due to not having any spies in the first place. However, they're getting attacked in a far more insidious way...)
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Oh, wonderful. Great to see that Tetravain's hopes worked out so well. 

(Note the sarcasm.)
  • edited September 2020
    There seems to be a misunderstanding, Tetravain does not bless anyone, even those closest to him. He does not do most the things Gods are known for, he merely gives them the opportunities to grow and his followers know this with their faith absolutely unshaken by lies and deceit.

There are very few under Him that are not an Angel, a Demon, a Spirit, or some combination. This is not because of discrimination or favoritism or anything else you slander Him for, it is because he naturally attracts those who deviate from the norms of their kind. The nature of Angels, Demons, and Spirits is shared by almost all of their kind. Human nature, Elven nature, Dwarven nature, even Draconic and Minotauren natures aren't so easy to pin down. There will be similarities between them and their own race but their race's true nature tends to be vague at best.

Aylen is one of the rare exceptions. He was a human who, over the years, deviated from that vague Human nature and became an Ascendant, a race that only Tetravain and the Ascendants themselves really know of. A being who transcended the limits of their own kind and Ascended to a new plane of understanding and power. 

*Lore*
    Aylen Fallen Ascendant

Those who raised him believe him to have fallen and betrayed them, regardless of what the truth actually is. They don't, and cannot, understand the situation he is in, the power he wields, and the truth that he sees through the mighty eyes of an Ascendant. He has been on the track towards Ascendancy since birth. He was raised towards extreme law and order but his Ascendance called for the opposite, for destruction. Completing his Ascendance calmed the storm inside him and helped him attain his power and wield it as he sees fit. He too feels drawn towards Tetravain, towards the one who accepts him, towards his true family, and towards many other Ascendants.

Edit 1: Spelling, grammar, and story fixes.

Edit 2: Here's all of the Aylen cards, for those interested: https://mtgcardsmith.com/account/sets/55883
  • edited September 2020
    Ah, but there will always be those who are skeptical of everything they see! Those who refuse to fully believe the truth, even when planted right in front of them. Especially considering recent events. Tetravain may have done everything in his power to prevent as much death as possible, but there were many who were still killed by Faolinq's devastation. Most praise the god for his decisive actions, but there are a few who are unsatisfied. 'Why did Tetravain not predict this outcome of all things? Why did he only save so much? He should've done more. He should've done better. He's failed us.' It is those very seeds we tend and grow, for once pushed in the right direction, their roots embed into their host, unable to be pulled out. And it will be those hosts who will attract more of your followers, converting them to our side. It does not matter how much truth you give your disciples. Irrational skepticism is a powerful tool in the hands of the deceiver. No matter how inquisitive a mortal is, eventually their emotions will get the best of them, and they will believe whatever is told in their face, even if it is a flat. Out. Lie.

Oh! And if you think you can unearth our schemes, well, all I can say is one thing. G̶̣̭̯̪͕̰̻͙̀̈́͋̃̊̔ǫ̶̀̍̅̈́̒͝ó̷͙͓̩͔̗̩͐̿͛͆̃͝d̵̡̨̩̲̪͎̥̳͇̟̮̻̈̐͘ ̵̻͙͇̦̬͚̲̟͓̞̥̄̿̊̿̀̈́̂̊̈́̌͆̿ĺ̸̫̱͈̘̀͌͒̿̂̂͝ų̸̘̱̭̥̺̙͍̈́͐͐̏̔̃̄̏̋́̐c̶̨̨̙̬̠̭̖̜̹͈̩̖̰͐̓̈́̌k̶͙͖̹̲̹̺̈́̈̽̉̿́̾̄̈́͌̒̍̒ͅ.̸̥̤̗̦̉͂̒̋͊͐̃̈̌̿͊̕͝

• edited September 2020

Interaction: Falun

After having just sent Falun reinforcements for the impending attacks that would likely shake the entire world, The Witnesses felt betrayed. However, it would be easy to underestimate them, seeing as they've never been forced to manifest their militaristic might against another kingdom. Falun could only wish The Last Genzian was still the reigning Grandmaster; he would turn the other cheek. But Spire was far less forgiving, and immediately mobilized after hearing their plans to attack all of the kingdoms. To do such a thing after forming an armistice would not be tolerated, and any threat to world peace would have to be punished with extreme prejudice. Unless they are willing to make amends, of course...

• @spookoops @Xero0 @Daedalus_The_All_Father @MonkeyPirate2002 @Tommia.

Alright, the cutoff point will be here, we have almost completed judging, hang in there...
  • I'm new to colonizers. Is there a way I can join?
  • edited September 2020
    @JayfeatherMTG33 ;

Into this season, no unfortunately, but we are starting a new season in a few weeks. Want me to ping you when it does?
  • I want you to ping me
  • edited September 2020
    @spookoops @Xero0 @Daedalus_The_All_Father @MonkeyPirate2002 @Tommia

Alright. The stage is set. The powers now have to clash in the Concert of Skyfaoll.

And among all this, he has broken free.

Faolinq is here. Every nation - RISE TO THE CHALLENGE, OR BE EXTERMINATED.

BEST HIM IN COMBAT, OR BE FORCED TO FLEE.

You have, as always, 1 week.
  • P.S, Again, very sorry for the delay, this was difficult to judge with all of the parallel time streams being fulfilled, as well as the IRL week being very hectic.
  • the image below the map doesnt load for me

and it's okay!
  • yeah doesn't load for me as well
  • edited September 2020
    much better
  • @HeroKP, could you please re-drop the BBEG again, so as we're not scrolling through past posts looking for it?
  • edited September 2020

~ Last Stand... - Prologue

"...coffee?"
    "Check."
    "Ginseng?"
    "Check."
    "Sugar?"
    "Check."

The nights had been long since Faolinq became so ruthless. While morale had arisen, so had tensions within the army. Not only did they have to deal with the wurm, but they had to deal with Falun as well. They needed to assemble the best soldiers that survived the attack on the heart to deal with Faolinq, but Falun complicated things by leaving the risk for an attack on their territory. Due to a lack of sleep, Spire is in the mess hall with her cooks, arranging to start serving her soldiers coffee and issuing power snacks to patrols to help cope with the lack of sleep among them.

"Milk?"
    "Running low."
    "Oats?"
    "Out."
    "Crap..."
    "Trade lines have been established, but given the circumstances, we haven't received our shipment of grains."
    "What exactly's stopping them?"
    "Falun..."
    "That counterattack wasn't enough? Fine. I'll send the monks. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to... "negotiate"..."

To keep the pressure on Falun, Spire orders a legion of her finest monks to settle hostilities. If they won't admit defeat, then the monks will surely knock the words out of them.

@MonkeyPirate2002

~ Interaction: Falun

• Just giving an update. My cards are made, now just need to work on the lore and write-up. I should have all said and done my Sunday. But, I do have a crazy busy weekend ahead of me.
  • @spookoops

Worry not. Since this is the penultimate challenge, quality is important. As such, if you need a time extension, feel free to ask.
  •  You didn't ping me. That was just an attack on Falun.
  • edited October 2020
    @Tommia

Well, if you have already made a card, it means you are already invested in the entry

Also, it means I have something to judge on in case of an emergency
This discussion has been closed.