Stitia - Chapter Two: Eternal Night (Now Closed For New Characters Except to Returning Players)

Comments

• @Tommia I'm sure I can deal with the odd demon or angel.
  • edited October 2020
    Yay! This returns again!

I shall re-use my old character Alfred.

Alfred Underground Dealer
    Dexterity: 15
    Charisma: 14
    Intelligence: 13
    Constitution: 12
    Strength: 10
    Wisdom: 8

Alfred is a traveling merchant of Stitia, who resides on the border of the Changing Arcanum.

Not much has changed to Alfred as he has currently been out at see for months trying to find the location to a treasure he may soon possess (which he eventually gave up on and returned home).

He still has his flaming, murder-whispering scythe, but it has been quiet recently, which may be a good thing for him.
    Shadow Scythe

He still hopes to find a treasure trove as large and valuable as the the one he found in his early days

• @tommia The gods don't scare me.
  • Just making my cards. Also just read the intro properly. So, this is majora's mask now. Ok...

Aerus was always an individual spirit. Although, during the time the gods would help the populace rather than destroy them, he simply followed because what they were doing was right. However, he found the gods' actions becoming more and more questionable, until he finally broke away completely. For this act of rebellion, he was permanently exiled. Once the Holy War started, and the true corruption of the gods was fully revealed, Aerus took up his individual spirit and founded a group of survivors and rebels. The rebellion's fort is constructed high in the Sknotch mountains, far from the darkness below.

Aerus' spear has a history. During his previous heavenly post, is was the sign of what paladins could aspire to. Now, it is the sign of hope that Stitia will be free from the prison of its bloodstained heirarchs.

Aerus' mountaintop fort, safe enough to protect against the fell clerics and dark cults below, is nevertheless well guarded. It contains a force of aproximately 50 armed troops, and another 70 civilians who seek protection.
    ------------------------------------------
    RULES STUFF

Strength: 15. Aerus is a powerful warrior angel.

Dex: 10. Although naturally fast, Aerus is not especially agile, which is not helped by his strong armour.

Con: 13. Not much to say here.

Int: 8. Aerus often does what his instict wishes, rather than what logical though would entail. Also, he has rarely payed attention to historical learning that isn't directly useful.

Wis: 12. Not much here either.

Cha: 14. Aerus has recruited a very large number of soldiers to his cause. 

(Also, I'm not associated with the New Order. I don't directly oppose them, but I don't trust their motives, or the fact they have demons alongside angels and mortals in their legions.)
  • @Abu_Jafar Obviously, not much has changed since your trip to Hitcherald. However, as a supporter of The New Order, you're going to have a target on your back for the gods and demons of the realm. I hope you know how to swing that scythe...
  • @KorandAngels It's not unwise to be untrusting of pretty much anyone on Stitia. Your choice to settle in the mountains is quite brave, especially considering the recent drop in the plane's temperature. Blizzards aren't uncommon, frost is setting in, and you also have the Six to deal with as well. Do you have what it takes to survive when even the weather has turned against you?
  • I personally am literally always on fire. That helps.
  • Hey @Tommia , shouldn't you post the discord link here?
  • Hailing all Chapter 1 entrants!
    @Pepperoni @Derain2 @EnvyReaper @spookoops @ThatOneCat @MonkeyPirate2002 @Aggroman15 @Bowler218 @TezzeretofCarmot21 @ASubtleGhost and anyone I missed. If you want to continue to participate, please read the intro!
  • When will this start @Tommia?
  • Cthylla

(New Character to Chapter 2)

Intro:
    Soon after Khantsievth revealed himself to the general populace of Stita, a shooting star streaked across the plane's sky, soon crashing near a river in Ystheria. From the crash site rose an ancient horror, surging with energy from a place beyond the stars. 

The primal being scurried across the landscape before coming across a small graveyard which the river cut through. Though the beast survived slamming into the earth, it was injured in the process, and it was slowly leaking energy due to not having any connection to the unfamiliar plane. The elder elemental came across an abandoned angel statue near the riverbank and tried to integrate itself with it. In the process, distant part of the being's 'brain' began to weave together, and as it entered the statue more and more, it became more and more aware until...

When the being awoke, they had been completely transformed. No longer just a primal force of nature, they could now actually think, feel, make memories, have wants and desires... they could now do everything that sapient creatures take for granted. Blessed with knowing how to write and speak, along with some basics about the universe, the being decided three things about themselves:
    -Their name is Cthylla
    -They are a girl
    -They have no idea who they actually are and how they got there.

Now Cthylla roams the city of Ystheria, trying to figure out her identity and origin while dealing with the pressures of the world. Occasionally, these pressures can temporarily "break" Cthylla's mind, reverting her back into the elemental horror only known as the Soul of R'lyeh. Cthylla is aware this occurs and tries to do anything possible to prevent it from happening or hurting people she cares about. Hunted by the forces of Khantsievth for the glow she gives off, Cthylla fears that she may snap completely eventually, losing her humanity...

The only relic of her old life Cthylla has left is an old idol, as alien and unusual as she is. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stats:
    Str: 15
    Dex: 8
    Con: 14
    Int: 10
    Wis: 13
    Cha: 12
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Question: Does this take place in the magic the gathering multiverse?
  • @ChoyBoi TBD since I'm starting back at work (Peak at Amazon WEEEEEEEEE) but I roughly estimate no later than the 21th. Don't quote me on that though.

@zizick123 Technically yes, though I ask that you don't enter characters that appear in actual canon. This is also part of a branching multiverse that kind of picks up its own continuity directly after the events of War of the Spark.
  • @FourEyesIsAFish With your current predicament, you may actually find yourself coming more under suspicion of the general populace than under suspicion of Khantsievth, especially if you make no hostility towards him. I do wish you luck on your journey, as the Crimson Moon has been known to fracture minds...

(Also, the fact that this is a Human and not an Angel mildly irks me)
  • edited October 2020
    I second the Human vs Angel irking...

Cards coming soon.
  • edited October 2020

Str-8, Dex-13, Con-12, Int-14, Wis-10, Cha-15

A simple count from a time past, Carisle is centuries, possibly millennia old. Nobody knows for sure, since in todays world he is more of a voice on the lips, a passing thought perhaps.

Everybody knows of Count Carisle Whyte, but nobody can actually seem to remember who he is or what he looks like. He is rumored to have owned the local gem mines. Maybe a foreign diplomat that comes and goes as he pleases. There are tales of an ancient syndicate, maybe...

Obviously not born a Vampire, Count Carisle is the only soul that knows of when he died and who turned him. Something he holds near and dear to his heart, for good reason.

A man like Count Carisle must be able to get around and do his business. A final parting gift from a love long lost is the foremost beloved entity he possesses.
  • @Tommia @spookoops Given, she's technically an eldritch entity from beyond the stars who happens to self-identify as human. Also gives me the opportunity to make GUR human tribal cards, which is gonna be FUN!
  • @FourEyesIsAFish If you insist, I won't stop you. Just know that flavor breaks like this during challenges would normally result in a penalty. Warning you in advance.
  • edited October 2020
    @Tommia eh, I felt it fit her story better for her to be Human instead of Angel. I can change it if you want.

Or I could ask Tomigon to photoshop her first image to not have wings idk.
  • @FourEyesIsAFish It's fine for now. Just keep that in mind.
  • Link to the Stitia Discord, where we chat, archive important saga info, and are making custom commander decks fronted by our characters!

https://discord.gg/ubYZxy7
  • edited October 2020
    Hello everyone! Enerew is back for more from the pits of hell!  And hell yeah he's ready to punch god in the face... preferably with a bullet from his rapier.
    Stats:
    STR: 8
    DEX: 15
    CON: 13
    INT:14
    WIS: 12
    CHA:10
    Flintlock SaberMistborn II
    Pollymorph
    Jacob Ruthven Dashing Rouge
    Withering Blow
    Elemental Brainwashing

Some of the better cards I've had....
    A little bit of lore for him, just for those who don't know.  Enerew is a lost heir to Owu, and had been taken in by a noble merchant family on the coast of Etsane.  He was originally funded by them, and is now a mercenary captain.  He's done a lot of jobs all over, and is pretty well known.  He's a competent captain, and although I had to put charisma at a ten, his crew is very loyal to him.  He had been made the Champion of Nohel, God of Knowledge in the previous episode after passing the trials, then found his true heritage from Cleyft, Alpha of Owu.  Rejecting the offer to stay on Owu forever and losing his friends and freedom, he sails off, hoping that Owu will be more opening later.  He gets roped into raiding heaven by Nohel, and discovered the truth before it was revealed.  So that he can't reveal the truth, he is sent into literal hell, and is currently stuck down there, looking for a spy he met along the way who might have more useful information.  Hell isn't safe if you're alone...
  • edited October 2020
    @DrakeGladis Erm... you were still tracking down a friend of yours last I checked, so I'll probably be sticking with the fact that you're in the markets. It's quite a situation you've put yourself in, but lately, more and more reports of noises from the gate under Castle Reighart have come in, rumors that people are escaping the Stitian Underwold... hopefully these rumors are true, and that you are one of them.
  • Fair enough.
  • Working on the timeline of significant events that happened during the Stitia Saga. This is taking longer than expected...
  • @Tommia Does one think it is too late for me to throw my hat into the ring? I assumed myself lacking the persistence, investment and skill to participate, yet I am feeling a sudden surge of inspiration.

Unless you object, in which case I will most humbly and apologetically withdraw, I shall try with a character in sev’ral hours time.
  • @HeroKP Anyone can join right now. There's no current cap on participants, but I may have to cull early if there's too many.
  • Come one in @HeroKP, you'll make a welcome addition to the crew cult fanbase!
This discussion has been closed.