COLONISERS: Season 6!!! (Colonisers of Skyfaoll)

Comments

• noice
    a shame I couldnt be for the end haha
    good luck to u all!
  • @HeroKP I'll be working, but work is about to pick up for me, plus Stitia is starting back up, so I may be a tad late. Letting you know in advance.
  • edited October 2020
    @Xero0 It was an honour having you for as long as we did, and we wish you the best of luck in future endeavours
  • edited October 2020
    Clear recognition in an unbroken continuation
    That a God consciousness is the only real vibration
    Thus pure thought rising
    Not the illusionary ego craving
    Nor is any lower thought
    Ego begot
    For the source of all energy
    With which illusionary form may or may not be in synergy
    Is God consciousness 
    The That Oneness

This clear recognition as flicker free awareness
    Transmutes all lower impulses into divine consciousness
    Thoughts too change their coloration 
    Magically transformed by single pointed devotion
    Void & manifestation and any in between transience
    All that is flowing from God exclaims our innocence!

The path of devotion Quelling all commotion

Within

Foil'd by our fellow men, depress'd, outworn,
    We leave the brutal world to take its way,
    And, Patience! in another life, we say
    The world shall be thrust down, and we up-borne.

And will not, then, the immortal armies scorn
    The world's poor, routed leavings? or will they,
    Who fail'd under the heat of this life's day,
    Support the fervours of the heavenly morn?

No, no! the energy of life may be
    Kept on after the grave, but not begun;
    And he who flagg'd not in the earthly strife,

From strength to strength advancing--only he,
    His soul well-knit, and all his battles won,
    Mounts, and that hardly, to eternal life.

What gulf-ascended hand is this, that grips
    My spirit as with chains, and from the sound
    And light of dreamland, draws me to the bound
    Where darkness waits with wide, expectant lips?
    Albeit thereat my footing holds, nor slips,
    The night-born menace and the fear confound
    All days and hours of gladness, girt around
    With sense of near, unswervable eclipse.

So lies a land whose noon is plagued with whirr
    Of bats, than their own shadows swarthier,
    That trace their passing upon white abodes,
    Wherein from court to court, from room to room,
    In hieroglyphics of abhorrent doom,
    Is trailed the slime of slowly crawling toads.

Salute the last, and everlasting day,

Joy at the uprising of this Sun, and Son,

Whose true tears, or tribulation

Have purely wash'd, or burnt your drossy clay.

Behold, the Highest, parting hence away,

Lightens the dark clouds, which He treads upon;

Nor doth he by ascending show alone,

But first He, and He first enters the way.

O strong Ram, which hast batter'd The Ether for me!

Mild lamb, which with Thy Blood hast mark'd the path!

Bright Torch, which shinest, that I the way may see!

O, with Thy own Blood quench Thy own just wrath;

And if Thy Paraclete my Muse did raise,

Deign at my hands this crown of prayer and praise...

• Congrats to the top 3!
  • It was fun and it's a shame to go but there's nothing I do. Good luck to everyone.

@MonkeyPirate2002 Just remember that, if you're going to make a card with those that left my faction, Aylen is really the only person who isn't an angel, a demon, or a spirit (except the gods but they don't really count).
  • edited October 2020
  • @Tommia @MonkeyPirate2002 ;

24 HOURS!

Is more time needed?
  • @HeroKP Yeah. As mentioned earlier, life is busy between me starting Stitia back up and me preparing to go back to work. I'm working on it though.
  • @Tommia @MonkeyPirate2002 ;

Okay, then.

**mechanical whirr**

72 additional hours granted!
  • edited October 2020

~ Silence, Part 1...

(Vs. @MonkeyPirate2002 )

"So that is how it has to be..."

The returned Grandmaster is sulking. In the span of less than a week, what allies they gained either turned against them or fell under the might of another. And now, they're forced to deal with both a former ally... and the return of a seemingly endless extension of that darkness... they thought it was gone, but alas...

Spire is hesitant to respond. There is tension in the air. Spire wants to resort to violence, while The Last Genzian wants peace. "So it seems. A simple peace offering won't do for that strange kingdom, and sadly, Falun isn't as defeated as we had first thought. Additionally, our allies from the Cult of the Wheel have fallen."

The Last Genzian seems distraught to hear of both Falun's resurgence and the fall of their freshly gained allies. "Damn it... why can't people just put down their weapons...?"

Spire is quick to respond. "Because they think we're weak and abusable! We've done this peace deal for a little too long..."
    "Spire... you know that violence will not solve anything."
    "Right... tell me how well that went with Falun. We signed a peace treaty, gave them allies, supplied them with resources! And what did they do? They grabbed what they could from our outstretched arms and broke them before we could close them!"
    "And yet, rather than turning the other cheek, you engaged, turning this into a full-on war! This could have been prevented-"
    "No it couldn't! As long as we kept standing innocent, they were going to take advantage of us."

The door to the Grandmaster's Chamber opens, and in steps Kort.

"What is it Kort?" The grandmaster asks.
    "News from our agents within Falun! The monks are having slight difficulty "negotiating". A request for backup was made, but it was intercepted! Additionally, the angels are having difficulty detaining the masses!"
    "DAMMIT!" The grandmaster is frustrated, and stands. "You sent the monks?! AND THE ANGELS?!" He just shakes his head, and starts pacing around the room. "PFine... I suppose we don't have a choice then, do we? They're the masters of our ancient fighting technique, and inheritants of our culture... If they die, we'll lose a very large amount of our history, and our finest warriors."
    Spire just scoffs. "Then clearly we didn't send enough. The monks were told to start with a last offering of peace. If they're having trouble, then I suppose... we show them what happens when they choose war..."

Later That Day, Falun...

The monks and angels have done what they can, but it clearly wasn't enough. They've made progress, but that progress had gotten them in quite a tight spot. They did everything they could, but they were tired. Soon, however, they received word that reinforcements were incoming. Eager, they decide they'll fall back and resupply for now, making it look to be a retreat out of urgency...

After meeting with an away team at Spike Valley, about a third of the Genzian forces, led by Spire, marched to support. Spellcasters. Drakes. War Beasts. Pretty much everything the Genzian army could throw at Falun without neglecting their other concerns. Their forces, though severely thinned in the attack against Faolinq, were quite impressive in number and power. As much as they would want to give Falun one last chance, the Hero of Capes had spoken, so they had no choice but to attack, though they'll be glad to give anyone who wants to be spared the chance to defect, and avoid collateral if at all possible...

The Next Day...

It was time. Over a third of the Witnessess' militant force made its way to Falun by land, air, and sea. Collateral would, again, be avoided, but there was no guarantees as they started their assault. Falun would know the full force of The Witnesses. Life or death to the Witnesses, Falun had betrayed an ally for the last time...

Each of The Witnesses's best soldiers had been given access to powerful amulets that would enhance their abilities by improving their spellcraft, helping them size up their enemies, and, in a pinch, saving their lives.

Angels and winged beasts filled the sky. Soldiers and creatures siege monsters filled the streets, and a naval assault begun at sea. Leading the main push, however, was a very powerful creature the Witnesses had befriended quite recently... a beast so dangerous, they had to use mind control to tame it rather than face it in combat.

• @Tommia, @MonkeyPirate2002, @HeroKP... Ah crap, I forgot to send you all follow-up messages about the Arisen Anam, please stand by.
  • edited October 2020

~ Silence, Part 2

(Vs. @spookoops )

The attack against Falun would be very straightforward. However, for the Armies of Midnight, it wouldn't be as simple. The Witnesses saw a great evil, but they didn't understand much about their mysterious enemy... except two things; they focused heavily on psychological warfare and stalking in the shadows, and they were dark entities. Before a proper attack is carried out, the ever watching bats that The Witnesses had befriended earlier on surrounded the entire kingdom in a gathering spree, illusioned to look like a flock of birds migrating.

Once the Witnesses know what they're dealing with, they strike. They intend to bring upon the Armies of Midnight a light that no darkness can extinguish. The Last Genzian winces, and asks for forgiveness from Werpaic, the Ignispian Old God of Fair War. Technically, what they're doing now would be considered a sin, and the prospect of attacking someone without provocation wrenched The Last Genzian's heart...

The Same Day...

Another force, led by far more angels than the one attacking Falun, moves to attack the Armies of Midnight. This force is led by Kort, which, while hesitant, is much more willing to go along with the attack than the grandmaster himself. He has traded his mount for a Pegasus, for the attack on The Armies of Midnight would be far more aerial. Speaking of. the highest archangel, Delthune, would be leading the attack.

As the angels descended upon mostly unfamiliar territory, all but one's heart dropped as they were forced to carry out an order they'd never thought they'd be given in their lives; kill anyone that doesn't appear to be a civilian. They were harbingers of peace, not war, so to attack this kingdom put a hole in their spirit nothing could mend. But damn it all. They were going through with it, and they would persevere with all their physical and mental might.

However the attack went, sadly, it could not compare to the emotional wounds left on the Witnesses. Any survivors will likely return to their homes in sadness. As won as the day can be, many of the combatants will, in their eyes, and the eyes of the old god Werpaic, be irredeemable... meaning one way or another, casualties will be high on the side of the Witnesses, wracked with traumatic images and unbearable guilt...

• edited October 2020
    Working on next entry! Please let me in next time! I worked hard!
  • @MonkeyPirate2002

It’s the final confrontation, but one of the leads is yet missing! The stage is set, we now just wait for you to walk upon it!

The crowd beckons!
  • @MonkeyPirate2002

Look, I realise quality cardsmithing takes time, and I'm willing to wait just a little longer, but we really do need to get on with this.
  • No, it's okay. You should get on with it. I don't actually have anything.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002

Sad to see you couldn’t stick around, but it will be a very well earned third place. I wish you nothing but the best wherever you may head next.

Thank you for being on the show!  : )
  • I assume there will be a 7th part to this that I actually stick around for lol
  • @pjbear2005

There is one in plans very, very soon, yes
  • I will spoil my planned faction: It is NOT based on any of Lewis Caroll's poetry.
  • I have various plans in the works
  • I am also extremely excited to actually stay in a round lol.
  • I'm excited to join
  • @Tommia @spookoops

Well, there is no avoiding it.

We did not want to pick. We really didn't.

Right from the get go, every faction offered a yet unseen level of dedication to the project, but a single winner must be picked.

That said, the winner is declared to be...

• @Tommia!

But really, @spookoops did an amazing job as well. Theirs was one of the most interesting factions we've received over the two years this thing has been on, and I really commend it. However, for the reasons I will now state, it is awarded second place.
  • This faction stood out right from the beginning.

With itself, it brought a very unique aesthetic which made it a joy to observe and read and deconstruct challenge after challenge, which made the resolution the most satisfying for this specific faction.

It's a mismatchy array of themes and directions that somehow blend together perfectly, and it is felt as the best pick to dominate Skyfaoll. Kudos
  • edited November 2020

A huge shoutout to:

@IzItTru with the Seresi Enclave!

@pjbear2005 with the Disciples of Corvid-19!

@ThatOneCat with the Banewood!

@Stryk3r with the Phyrexian Invaders!

@Tommia with the Witnesses!

@Bowler218 with Gerilla Savasi!

@Daedalus_The_All_Father with Tetravain's Followers!

@MonkeyPirate2002 with the Blackbird Syndicate!

@TezzeretofCarmot21 with the Blackfair Accord!

@Xero0 with Death Metal Tangerine, Dynamite with a Laser Beam the Cult of the Wheel!

@Aggroman15 with the Wildbonded!

@spookoops with the Nightmare Realm!

AND ANYONE ELSE involved with this in any way.

This is so fun to make. Difficult, gruelling, sometimes heartbreaking, but very fun.
This discussion has been closed.