Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Mystery Boxes

Mode 11: Challenger

@Ranshi @Latinas @AboveAndAbout @TenebrisNemo ... please choose a box from amongst the following boxes. Each who chooses the same box enters into a mini contest to win the prize(s) in that box. If uncontested, you're guaranteed the prize if the box has one. If contested, then it's best card wins. Entries due by next batch to qualify for prize.

Mystery Box Uno contains: 
    - Prize 100: You may choose any non-premium prize from this batch. (Prize 11 would be your only choice.)
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with fire in the artwork.

Mystery Box Too contains:
    -A Mystery Challenge: Create a mythic rare card with only one line of rules text.

Mystery Box Trois contains:
    - Premium Prize 51: You may accept the Mystery Box monthly featured card for December -OR- a non-premium prize of your choice.
    - Prize 11: You may create a mode. 
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with one custom combat ability and no other abilities.

Mystery Box Four contains:
    - Prize 100: You may choose any non-premium prize from this batch (Prize 11 would be your only choice.)
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that mentions an Adventure in the rules text.

• Guys can I please get box 3? I want to give the feature to one of my boyfriend’s cards!
  • I choose box 4
  • Here's the card I made using your challenge!

Momi Pesky Quester
  • May I please have a box?
  • For box Number Three... we have Rakdos Chaaaaaiiinwaaaalkeeeer! (I dunno, why but I wanted to do that...)
    Again, Tenebris, Latinas, I'd really appreciate it if you let me win the third box so that I can give the feature card to my boyfriend!

@jpastor, another box, please!
  • @Ranshi - Sure. I choose mystery box too!
  • @Ranshi Sounds good, tell the lad I hope all is well. Anyways Box Uno!
  • What better way to get back into MTGCS then Mystery Boxes! 
    Ill request a box please @jpastor
  • @TenebrisNemo @Latinas Thanks for generously opting out of box 3. You didn't have to do that, but for your consideration, I'll guarantee the prize in the box for you both even though the next batch has arrived!

Mystery Boxes

Mode 9: Box Draft

In order:
    1) @RandomFandom
    2) @Ranshi
    3) @Dizzydude

Choose a box that hasn't been chosen--

The Consecrated Box contains:
    - Prize 39: You may accept 3 favorites of jpastor's choice + 2 of your choice.
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a Planeswalker with mana cost 4 or less.

The Magnificent Box contains:
    - Prize 80: You may spotlight another cardsmith's card. I will follow that cardsmith and a random challenge in the next batch will be inspired by the spotlighted card.
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a noncreature card with a Seraph in the artwork.

The Splendidtacular Box contains:
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature card that mentions a subtype that is different from its own in the rules text.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create an artifact with a red identity.
    Staff of Dragons
    Sorry this took so long. I'll have another.
  • @jpastor so I get the splendidtacular one?
  • @Dizzydude we need to wait for @RandomFandom to pick, then I pick, then you get what's left.
  • May I have another box @jpastor or is it too late?
  • @jpastor Can I have the consecrated one? I love planeswalkers.
  • @jpastor Also, may I post an old planeswalker, or does it have to be new?
  • edited December 2020
    @RandomFandom  always new cards unless a prize allows otherwise.

@Ranshi, you're next to pick.
  • Splendidtacular
  • edited December 2020
    Mystery Challenge: Create a noncreature card with a Seraph in the artwork.
    monument-of-the-righteous

Spotlighting @CassZero.
    eve-elf-of-the-knowledge-mist
  • edited December 2020
    Oh I forgot to put mine for the last one here lol

@jpastor Another box lad
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a mythic rare card with only one line of rules text.

Entry:

Unending Hell

@jpastor A new box for me, please!
  • @jpastor, another box for me as well!
  • @jpastor, a box for me please!
  • Mystery Boxes

Mode 3: Moshpit (Winner takes all!)

Everyone will get the same challenge. The best entry submitted prior to the next batch of boxes will win all prizes. Everyone else walks away with nothing.

My grading criteria revolves moreso around appearance, structure, grammar, and uniqueness of artwork, originality of the idea of the card, etc. I'm not the best judge of color identity / color pie adherence nor am I the best at judging the balancing of a card. Don't ignore color pie or balancing, but don't rely on me to dissect your mechanics to a dime. Your best bet is to come up with an idea that is original, make it look unique and let it make sense with the given challenge.

@ChoyBoi Your mystery box contains:
    (If you win the Moshpit...) Prizes:
    - 11:
    - 11: You may create a mode.
    - 47: You may choose a rarity, a random challenge in the next batch will include the chosen rarity.
    - 42: You may choose 10 prizes. You'll get 1 of those chosen at random.
    The Moshpit Mystery Challenge: Create a mono blue creature using a creature subtype typically not associated with blue and that has a custom-created ability.

@AboveAndAbout Your mystery box contains:
    - 11: 
    - 11: You may create a mode.
    - 47: You may choose a rarity, a random challenge in the next batch will include the chosen rarity.
    The Moshpit Mystery Challenge: Create a mono blue creature using a creature subtype typically not associated with blue and that has a custom-created ability.

@Latinas Your mystery box contains:
    - 11: 
    The Moshpit Mystery Challenge: Create a mono blue creature using a creature subtype typically not associated with blue and that has a custom-created ability.

@TenebrisNemo Your mystery box contains:
    - 11: 

@Ranshi Your mystery box contains:
    - 11: 
  • @jpastor, does the ability need to be keyworded?
  • @Ranshi
    Any custom keyword or combat ability. Feel free to refer to the mechanix encyclopedia for inspiration.

• @jpastor, does that mean I could effectively use something from the mechanix encyclopedia but without the keywording of it?
This discussion has been closed.