Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• edited December 2020
    @jpastor, another box please!
  • @jpastor another box please.
  • edited December 2020

Here ye be! For non-conventional blue creature types, I choose Centaur Shaman! Make sure to read the comments for the Slumber ruling. And another box if you could @jpastor!
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a mono blue creature using a creature subtype typically not associated with blue and that has a custom-created ability.

Entry:

Gift Bunny

I'll take a new box later!
  • @TenebrisNemo Your prizes:
    - Prize 11: You may create a mode.
    - Prize 47: You may choose a rarity, a random challenge in the next batch will include the chosen rarity.
    - Prize 42: You may choose 10 prizes. You'll get 1 of those chosen at random.

Mystery Boxes

Mode 16 - Thoughts

To receive the prize in your Mystery Box, you must post your thoughts about the posted card preceding yours... Let them know what you think about their card.

@Ranshi Your mystery box contains:
    - Prize 3: You may create a daily challenge.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with "Lithomancer" in its name.

@AboveAndAbout Your mystery box contains:
    - Prize 52: When you submit your entry, you may have jpastor favorite the entry preceding yours.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a slightly overpowered card that benefits Walls.

@Dizzydude Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare land that adds only Colorless.

@Latinas Your mystery box contains:
    - Prize 123: You may guarantee a prize in your next box.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono white pump spell.

• Sorry, I made it but then I forgot to post it.

@jpastor May I please have another box, kind sir?
  • edited December 2020
    Mystery Challenge: Create a rare land that adds only Colorless

crumbling-ampithiter-1
  • @jpastor - I'm ready to take a new mystery box!
  • Here's mine:
    The Chosen Reality

Another box please @jpastor!
  • edited December 2020

Mystery Boxes

Mode 20 - Take What You Can!

Choose a prize from the list... each who chooses the same prize enters into a best card wins for that prize.

@RandomFandom Your mystery box contains:
    - Read the mode above, then choose a prize from this list:
    - A) Prize 98: You may accept 1 favorite for every discovered prize in this batch (=2 favorites of your choice) 
    - B) Prize 48: You may spotlight another cardsmith's card. A random challenge in the next batch will be inspired by the spotlighted card.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Shaman creature with a slight Mayan resemblance in the artwork.

@TenebrisNemo Your mystery box contains:
    - A) Prize 98: You may accept 1 favorite for every discovered prize in this batch (=2 favorites of your choice) 
    - B) Prize 48: You may spotlight another cardsmith's card. A random challenge in the next batch will be inspired by the spotlighted card.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Choose 1 card from the last page of your card collection on MTGCS. Create a functional or colorshifted reprint of the card. 

@AboveAndAbout Your mystery box contains:
    - A) Prize 98: You may accept 1 favorite for every discovered prize in this batch (=2 favorites of your choice) 
    - B) Prize 48: You may spotlight another cardsmith's card. A random challenge in the next batch will be inspired by the spotlighted card.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a land card with a colored frame.

• Mystery Challenge: Choose 1 card from the last page of your card collection on MTGCS. Create a functional or colorshifted reprint of the card. 

Entry:

Paladin of Stainless Horns Darkwraith

@jpastor - Paladin of Stainless Horns is a colorshifted reprint of my first card ever, Darkwraith.

I choose prize number 48, and the card I spotlight is @Suicidal_Deity's Uftor, the Contrarian.

A new box for me, please!
  • Season of Giving

Time for a break... let's try something new!

From now until 12-27, when you request a Mystery Box, you may request a non-premium prize from the mystery box list or request an undiscovered prize as well as request a difficulty level for your challenge:

- 25% chance at receiving your requested prize in your box
    - Difficulty levels to choose from:
     a) easy
     b) normal
     c) difficult
     d) very challenging
     e) as challenging as possible
     f) real word activity required (ranges from a-e difficulty)
     g) random

Fine print... if you opt to not request a prize, you'll still have a 50/50 shot at receiving a random prize in your box.
  • Another box please @jpastor!
  • edited December 2020
    @jpastor, another box, please! (Level g)

The daily challenge I want to create is for everyone to make a card that cares about one or more creature types that are typically outside of the card's colors.
  • Mystery Boxes

Mode 9: Box Draft

Each chooses a box. Once a box is chosen, it can't be chosen by anyone else. First come, first serve:

@TenebrisNemo @AboveAndAbout @Ranshi

The Rest Assured box contains:
    - Prize 16: You may accept 1 favorite for every box with a prize this batch (X=1 favorite of your choice.)
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a permanent that creates a token when it dies or leaves the battlefield [Optional: that mentions one or more creature types that typically aren't associated with your card's color identity.] 

The Schmuntz box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Human Wizard creature card [Optional: that mentions one or more creature types that typically aren't associated with your card's color identity.] 

The Eel box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a permanent with two activated abilities with activator costs of 1 and 2 [Optional: that mentions one or more creature types that typically aren't associated with your card's color identity.]
  • I choose the Eel box!
  • Rest Assured Box.
  • That leaves me the Schmuntz box!
  • edited December 2020

Attention Mystery Boxers..

A gift for you:

Post the one card you've made this year that got 0 favorites that you felt should have been popular.... and you will receive one non Premium Mystery Box prize of your choice.... automatically...

Then...

On a Mystery date in January, the top three cards will selected... one at random will receive the Mystery Box Monthly Featured card for January.

• @ChoyBoi @Ranshi
    And for the prize of your choice? Anything revealed or unrevealed, non premium. 
    https://mystery-boxes.webs.com/
  • @jpastor, I have no particular preference, and thus, will take a gamble for a meme. Show me.... prize 69.
  • @Ranshi
    Prize 69: You may choose to receive 1 non-premium prize chosen at random from amongst the prizes in this batch.
  • @jpastor, how does this work?
This discussion has been closed.