Cardsmith Cards 2021: This Again! :)

"Life imitates art far more than art imitates life."
-Oscar Wilde

As Cardsmiths, we have been making cards of one another for a long time, and as I was thinking about how to start off this forum thread, I reflected upon what it means to me when a card of me is made... and I have probably the best answer I am capable of providing:

When someone makes a card of me, I see it as an ideal for me to express in some way. When I'm portrayed as a hero of sorts, I try to strive to become more like that depiction of me, and when I'm portrayed as a villain, I try to become more flexible, to be able to relish villainy while also still reminding myself of how I've grown. As Oscar Wilde said, life imitates art, and that is the theme I wanted to run with here.

But all of that aside, it just feels so good to be appreciated and to be honored in such esteem!

We've had several long contests with the premise of making cards for one another, in most recent history Cards of Cardsmiths 2019, hosted by @sorinjace, and Cards of Cardsmiths 2020, hosted by @shadow123. And I'm hoping that we can continue this blossoming tradition, year after year!

Prizes:
As we grow as a community, I'm hoping we can see more and more participation as we continue to build one another up. I will not divulge the prizes I have in mind until towards the end, though, I would like to say that I'm going to try to award as many people as I can, grandly for those who place highly. 

Timeframe:
I'm going to award smaller prizes to the people who I think did well, every 3 months, for the first 3 quarters of the year, before awarding the big prizes in the end. So...
1st Quarter: 1/1/21 - 3/31/21
2nd Quarter: 4/1/21 - 6/30/21
3rd Quarter: 7/1/21 - 9/30/21
Final Stretch: 10/1/21 - 12/20/21

I will be announcing my final judging on New Year's Eve.

Let's make 2021 a great year, everyone!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.