Top-Deckcember 2: Electric Boogaloo

15678911»

Comments

• edited December 2020
    Here are my final two entries. For day 30 we have the last one of my "chindren of seasons" cycle (unfortunately I wasn't able to find the artist, but this art was just the best, so I appologize):

And then, for day 31 - CELEBRATION! I decided to make this card the most epic, shiny, beautiful and unique since it's the last one of the set, so here you go.

Also here is my link for the whole set if you want to go through it all: https://mtg.design/u/TheFantomJoker/TD2

Thanks for the beautiful challange! I loved it just as much as last year and I'm looking forward to any more Top-Deckcembers to come. To everyone who followed along with this awesome challange - I wish you a fun MTG experience in the upcoming year.
  • Day 31 - Celebration

Kind of vague link into the new year, and the idea of celebrated renewal by extension. I tried making it more direct, but I could think of any more fitting titles that also looked and sounded good that also actually fitted into the title box. Also, I wanted to finish my cycle.

I'm still not done with Top-Deckcember quite yet, because I still owe day 24's alt art.
  • edited December 2020
    Day 31 (Last day!): Celebration

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/celebration-machine

Wow, the month is already over? Dang, I had a lot of fun with this. Thanks so much, and I hope everyone has a good new year!

(Also, I know that I could have made the instruments artifact tokens, but I already make cards that made instrument emblems, so I wanted to keep them all consistent.)

Just like ThePhantomJoker, I also kept track of all my cards, including the un-version of the D&D spell, meld Ugin-Bolas, and the Seasonal God in one set which you can find here https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/feralitator/sets/57656?page=1
  • Day 24 - Alt-Art

Figured I might as well do the alt myself to lend it some degree of originality. Speed-drawn in like an hour, hence the fact that it looks like something by a three year old. It's an alt of a card that doesn't technically exist yet, but Future Sight's River of Tears means that perhaps, one day, it might.

Anyway, that's it. Thanks. I may as well link my set collection of them, so here it is:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/MemoryHead/sets/57624
  • Happy New Year to everyone!

I got very behind but have come back with a vengeance. And yes, I did make all these today (my brain is fried).

Day 18:

Day 19:

Day 20:

Day 21:

Day 22:

Day 23:

Day 24:

Day 25:

Day 26:

Day 27:

Day 28:

Day 29:

Day 30:

Day 31:

• edited January 2021
    We can all agree my season cards were flavorless, so time for a retry!
    Day 27-30:

• @AboveAndAbout I may as well contribute that the artist for Scorching Summer is Tuomas Korpi. I couldn't find the one for Renewing Spring, unfortunately, since it's been generally misused and uncredited by too many wallpaper sites and suchlike for the original to be dug out.

I can also recommend maybe giving them the proper color borders instead of just solid gold (the ones with little hints of color around the edges) since it just generally adds to the realism aesthetic slightly.
  • Finally got to this.

Days 27 through 30 - Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter

I couldn't find the artist for Temple of Fall, and I used that one because there weren't any other good pieces that fit what I was going for.

And finally, Day 31 - Celebration again!

Happy new year everyone!
  • To finish it off, I present day 31:
    Festivities
  • @AboveAndAbout Enchantments aren't supposed to tap. I'd suggest doing something like "Tap an untapped Food you control: Add one mana of the chosen color." But that's just an idea.
  • Can I still do this?
  •  That is a cool card!
  • Vaegthos The Cosmic Wrong also an awesome card!
  • edited November 2021
    Sooo, Frostbvrn hasn't been active since January, and december is right around the corner. I had a blast doing this last year, and it would be a shame if this didn't happen again. Unless Frostbvrn returns within a few days and wants to host, would people mind if I hosted top-deckcember in their place this year?
  • @feralitator, please feel free to do so. I'm probably not going to do it any longer, since I've been doing something similar with my friends with dnd things, and two month-long things like this is just a lot. I'd love to still see people doing this. 

This discussion has been closed.