Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Another box please @jpastor
  • edited January 2021
    Congratulations, Snickleberries @FangQuil, @Ranshi, @TheDukeOfPork, you won 2-1. Share amongst yourselves the prizes indicated in the Mystery Box for 1st place. Each prize can only be given to 1 person. You've each been credited with 3 entries and 4 prizes on the leaderboards.

@Aggroman15, @AboveAndAbout, @FORFUN... one of your three cards finished in the top 3. Thank you for your work on this. Please let me know who would like to claim the 2nd place prize from your group. It can only be given to 1 person. You've each been credited with 3 entries and 1 prize on the leaderboards.

Mystery Boxes

Mode 10: Experimental

I will give each cardsmith a mystery challenge inspired by the same actual magic card. Each challenge will serve as a piece of a puzzle. Each challenge is a clue as to what card the actual magic card is. When you submit your entry you can give me your one guess as to what you think the actual card is. If you guess correctly, you get all prizes in each box. If nobody guesses correctly, everyone gets their perspective prize.

@shadow123 Your mystery box contains:
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a land card with a blue sky in the artwork.

@TheDukeOfPork Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a colorless permanent and explain what block, set, expansion, or duel deck it would synergize with.

@Aggroman15 Your mystery box contains:
    - Potential Prize 77: You may create a weekly challenge.
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a non-green permanent that adds Green.

@AboveAndAbout Your mystery box contains:
    - Potential Prize 45: When you submit your (next) entry, you may have jpastor (favorite -OR- destroy) all multicolored entries.
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with trees and stone structures in the artwork.
  • @TheDukeOfPork @FangQuil can I have prize 22? I promise I won't use it on you two!
  • @jpastor, may I have a box?
  • @jpastor Ok, here's a non-green permanent that adds green!

Underdark Cultist

As for my guess, I think that all these challenges are based off this forest:

1. It has blue sky in the artwork, and is a land.
    2. It's from Zendikar Rising, and technically lands are colorless.
    3. Like I said, lands are colorless, so it's a non-green permanent that adds green.
    4. It has trees and stone structures in the artwork.

May I now have another box?
  • @Ranshi, sure. Can I have prize 75, @Ranshi ; and @FangQuil?

@jpastor, what do you mean by fit in the ZKR expansion?
  • @TheDukeOfPork ZKR was the expansion code for Zendikar Rising.
  • Yes, @MemoryHead, I know, but what does he mean by that?
  • @TheDukeOfPork
    Easy... if you a card with pyramids and mummies... maybe that fits in amonkhet... likewise... take a peek at what ZKR cards have in common and just dont stray from that.

Eldrazi are only in certain sets, etc, etc.
  • @jpastor It's been a good while, can I get a box?

• @Ranshi @TheDukeOfPork Works for me! I'll take prize 62 @jpastor, and could I get another box as well?
  • Does my card have to be the ZKR set symbol, @jpastor?
  • edited January 2021

Mystery Boxes

Mode 12: Difficulty Activator

All cardsmiths who request a box for the next batch will also get to decide the difficulty level of their challenge upon request.

@Ranshi Your mystery box contains:
    - [Discovered] Prize 31: You may accept 5 favorites of jpastor's choice -OR- 3 of your choice.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create an Artifact with Imprint.

@Latinas
    Your mystery box contains:
    - [Discovered] Prize 46: You may accept an experimental prize.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a sorcery card with a book in the artwork.
  • @jpastor, could I get a different box? I'm not inspired for my current one...
  • Here is my entry:

You can probably see, but this is made for CMR. I based it around the CMR theme of commanders, and the CMR ability encore. 

May I have another box please?
  • @TheDukeOfPork

What difficulty would like your challenge to be?

• @TheDukeOfPork
    Easy
    Mediocre
    Normal
    Challenging
    THAT WAS CONFUSINGLY DIFFICULT
    EFF THIS WILL TAKE A WHILE
    NOOOOOOOOO FRIGGIN WAY AM I DOING THAT
    Random
    Real World Application

• I'll take...

Challenging.
  • Oh, yes, @jpastor I took prize 75, so could you please fave my colorless entry?
  • edited January 2021
    @TheDukeOfPork  Your mystery box contains:
    - [Discovered] Prize 68: You may receive a random prize from a page number of your choice from the Mystery Box discussion.
    - A Challenging Mystery Challenge: Create a common creature that's the Champion of a Saga.
  • Create a land with a blue sky in its artwork:

I honestly have no idea what the card is, and it looks like @Aggroman15 is correct from what I can see.
  • @jpastor, I'm.. not sure what you mean...
  • So @jpastor how does this work?
  • @bronx, you ask for a box, @jpastor gives you a box, and inside it is a challenge, and a prize. (for your first one anyway)
  • Oh, well then @jpaster a box please?
  • Oh... okay. got it.
  • It's okay dudes... I follow the discussion... you guys can just put J or JP or JPASTOR or @jpastor or HEY BIG GUY... or yo my man... or ...

also all prize chances are 50/50... even the first ones... though my stats say there's currently a 71% chance of getting a prize in your mystery box.

@bronx Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a white creature that transforms into a white creature. Post both cards side by side.
This discussion has been closed.