Mystery Box Deadlines

(This discussion is closed and for reference only.)

Mystery Box Deadlines

You can ask for a mystery box in as many Mystery Box Discussions as you'd like simultaneously. 

This discussion is here for a limited time, to help you sample all the different modes that take place in the Mystery Box Challenges. So feel free to ask for a deadline Mystery Box anytime. This discussion consists of a variety of modes all dealing with timed deadlines. Each deadline, the top 3 cards are chosen.

Here's how it works!
  1. Ask for a mystery box... no need to tag me, I'll see it!
  2. Your box will have a random mystery challenge and a 50/50 shot at a prize.
  3. Submit a newly created card for your challenge. (You must submit before asking for another box in the Mystery Box Deadlines discussion.)
  4. Then, you may ask for another mystery box any time!
  5. You can get as many mystery boxes within any given deadline as your time allows.
  6. The deadline will arrive randomly. When it does, I will judge and choose the top 3 winners.
  7. Favorites given to winners based on how many cardsmiths participated that deadline.

The above information is all you need to get going in this discussion. What follows below is relevant information for anyone interested in the grand scheme of Mystery Boxes.

<><><>

Prizes

Most prizes are straight forward, and some might seem unfair while others seem strategic. What goes around comes around! So, all prizes earned in this mystery box discussion are useable in any other mystery box discussion as well as this discussion. Secret weapons may be played strategically to upset your opponents.

Scoring

Everything you do in every mystery box discussion all counts towards your all-time mystery box score. You can view your score and rank at: https://mystery-boxes.webs.com/leaderboards

For Deadlines...
- Every 10 cards you post across all mystery box discussions earns you +1 point to your score.
- Every 10 prizes you earn and/or receive across all mystery box discussions earns you +1 point to your score.
- 1st Place = +5 deadline points
- 2nd Place = +3 deadline points
- 3rd Place = +1 deadline point
- Every 5 deadline points = +1 to your score.

The top Mystery Boxers (by Score) each year qualify for the Mystery Box Invitational tournament.

Links to the Other (Limited Time) Mystery Box discussions:

Casual (Just boxes)
Conquerors (Combination of Draft, Duels, and Moshpit)
Deadlines (Timed contests)
Draft (First come, first serve)
Duels (1-vs-1)
Encounters (Phenomenon and plots that we must collectively work to solve.)
Labs (Contests & challenges)
Moshpit (Free-for-all)
Teams (2-vs-2 & 3-vs-3)
Tournaments (Compete for the throne!)

Comments

• I'll have one
  • edited January 2021
    Let's keep going!
  • Hey J, not sure if this ones any different as you appear to have removed the website link on the other threads. My account is awaiting approval there, but if we’re sticking to the forum here I’d like a deadline box too please.
  • edited January 2021

Mystery Box Deadline has started!

Mode 18: Limited Prizes

For the duration of this deadline, only prizes from a list of X total prizes are earnable in your mystery box, where X = the number of cardsmiths who participated in the previous deadline = 5

The following 5 prizes are earnable throughout this deadline. The deadline will end in precisely ? days ? hours and 7 minutes:
    1. Prize 167: Hugs: You may accept 4 favorites of jpastor's choice + have jpastor donate 1 favorite to the cardsmith of your choice.
    2. Prize 214: An Ancient Gem: You may submit any old card for any of your active challenges instead of a new card.
    3. Prize 124: ?
    4. Prize 132: ?
    5. Prize 65: ?

@AboveAndAbout Your mystery box contains:
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a Queen Insect creature card... example: Ant Queen.

@TheRacingTurtle Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a blue creature with flying whose body color is mostly blue.
  • can i have a deadline box here please?
  • Don't go swimming...

- A Mystery Challenge: Create a blue creature with flying whose body color is mostly blue.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/tidewing-leviathan

May I have another box as well please?
  • Here's one:
    Cicada Queen
    Another box please!
  • Mystery Box Deadlines

@Yonkers11 your deadline mystery box contains:
    • Hugs: You may accept 4 favorites of jpastor's choice + have jpastor donate 1 favorite to the cardsmith of your choice.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Using the artwork in Putrid Puncture by @Corwinnn, create a red card.
    @TheRacingTurtle your deadline mystery box contains:
    • An Ancient Gem: You may submit any old card for any of your active challenges instead of a new card.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a black enchantment you can sacrifice.
    @AboveAndAbout your deadline mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with protection from black.

• Could I have a box?
  • Vicious Stab
    tada. probably the best flavor text ive ever done. another box please.
  • May I have a box?
  • Saw you've been directing entries back to the original thread, but didn't see it here, so have just put them in both for now. Sorry to spam you.

Mystery Challenge (Deadlines): Create a black enchantment you can sacrifice.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/wicked-sacrament

• Another box please!
  • The deadline has arrived. There are no winners this deadline due to Dechujoh's Ring of Madness.
  • Yay! My ring going to use! Is it still on my hand?
This discussion has been closed.