Mystery Box Announcements

edited January 2021 in Off-topic Chat

Hello community

The ability to edit the main description of the Mystery Box discussion has long expired. I've got a problem with this because the main description only mentions "deadlines." This is simply not the complete picture of Mystery Boxes. Deadlines are just a piece of what the Mystery Boxes are. 

So...

When you see  , I've realized over time that you have no way to know if what I just commented is someone's mystery box or a very important announcement that might spark your interest and tickle you into participating.

Thus...

I really need this second discussion in the Off-topic Chat category, which will allow me to complete the following:
  • Organize my changes where you can easily find them.
  • Allow you to see the important updates when I make them, breaking news style.
  • Post the limited time stuff so you know what's currently going on.

...but why?

Quite frankly, these have become part of my daily routine and a conduit for all the crazy ideas for contests and prizes that I have. I can essentially incorporate every contest and prize idea I have into one place, if it works. The entrepreneur in me wants to engage more of the community, a process that should now be helped along by this Off-topic chat.

Comments

• ...and so my first post...

February Fossils

From 1/27/2021 - 2/28/2021

You may submit any old card that fits your mystery challenge instead of creating a new one.

We've all put lots of work into hundreds of cards... time to go digging for fossils.
  • edited February 2021

New Art Challenge Modes Added:

There are now 49 modes. I've added some deadlines revolving around artwork and a Duels (1-vs-1) mode where each cardsmith provides the artwork for their opponent's card.
  • Returning User Bonuses

Anyone who has earned favorites "of jpastor's choice" in the past will have a returning user bonus = to that number of favorites. Up to five of these returning user favorites will appear in your next requested mystery box, and any leftover will rollover to your subsequent boxes until you've depleted your returning user bonus.

Prize List Update

All modes have been converted to prizes. Upon receiving a mystery mode as a prize in your box, it activates the mode. Seeing as though certain modes provide opportunities to earn Mystery Box Score, it makes sense that these are prizes. Additionally, since I cannot update the main description of the Mystery Box Discussion, it makes sense that the only format of the Mystery Boxes should be "Deadlines," since that is what is described in the main description of the thread.

There are now 375 Mystery Box Prizes.

More on the way, including more ways to earn premium prizes like the avatar, gifted premium, playmats, etc.

• So only deadlines now? 
  • @AboveAndAbout - with all the rest mixed in!
  • @jpastor I saw your account! What happened? I though purge but you're premium? 
  • Mmm mm, cleaning house is all
  • Oh you deleted all your cards?
  • edited February 2021
    Why? On? Earth?
  • I would assume he's wiping the slate clean.
  • Humm. From what I can tell, you like that line, don't ya, abba? 
  • The line, "Wipe the slate clean" You've used it a lot.
  • I believe I've used it once. Am I forgetting?
  • The first time was...
  • In our...little discussion.

"Then let's wipe the slate clean."
  • Ah. It's really just the only one I know.
  • I'm going to repost this so that's it's easily found.

Returning User Bonuses

Anyone who has earned favorites "of jpastor's choice" in the past will have a returning user bonus = to that number of favorites. Up to five of these returning user favorites will appear in your next requested mystery box, and any leftover will rollover to your subsequent boxes until you've depleted your returning user bonus.

Prize List Update

All modes have been converted to prizes. Upon receiving a mystery mode as a prize in your box, it activates the mode. Seeing as though certain modes provide opportunities to earn Mystery Box Score, it makes sense that these are prizes. Additionally, since I cannot update the main description of the Mystery Box Discussion, it makes sense that the only format of the Mystery Boxes should be "Deadlines," since that is what is described in the main description of the thread.

There are now 375 Mystery Box Prizes.

More on the way, including more ways to earn premium prizes like the avatar, gifted premium, playmats, etc
  • Trials - Set I

Earn bonus rewards participating in mystery boxes when you complete these unique challenges. Challenges are active until a new set comes out.
    1. Destroy 1 entry with any type of bomb [earns you 1 favorite of choice]
    2. Complete 5 mystery box challenges [earns you 1 favorite of choice]
    3. Increase your score by +1 [earns you 1 favorite of choice]
    4. Provide feedback on another mystery boxer's entry [earns you 1 favorite of choice]
    5. Win a duel, team match, or moshpit. [earns you 1 favorite of choice]
    6. When submitting an entry, submit an entry with a warm, tropical artwork. [Repeatable up to 3 times - earns you 1 favorite of jpastor's choice each time]
    7. Receive a Teddy Bear prize [earns you a bonus 1 non-premium prize of choice]
    8. Post a gif image or animated sticker image in the mystery box challenges [earns you a random prize]
    9. Provide feedback on a featured card (indicate when complete.) [earns you 1 favorite of jpastor's choice]
    10. Cast a vote in Thoughts for Thursdays (indicate when complete.) [earns you 1 favorite of jpastor's choice]
    11. Complete all challenges above [earns you a follow]

• Daily Undertakings - 2/13/2021

1. Favorite a card on the popular list
    2. Receive 2 or more mystery box prizes
    3. Comment in 3 different forums threads
    4. Complete all of the above [=guaranteed prize in your next mystery box]
  • FYI... with the introduction of nearly 25 new prizes, along with the changing of the pages from 199 to 200+... I've reshuffled the Mystery Box Prize List!

All prizes are now unknown and in a new order. :smile:
  • NOOOOooooooooo......!!!!!!!!
  • Oh well, time to wipe the board and start over.
  • edited June 2021

Carnival (CLOSED)

The carnival is open for this deadline!!! Here you can choose which attraction you'd like to do for your mystery box challenge. Choose from amongst the following:
    • Funhouse (You'll encounter a series of problems and thrills as you navigate through this funhouse, receiving various mystery challenges along the way.
    • Ferris Wheel (You'll head to the top for a picturesque view of the carnival and surrounding area where you'll receive a mystery challenge with artwork provided for your mystery challenge.
    • Bumper Cars (Battle others on bumper cars where everyone submits two cards for their challenge, but everyone receives 1 bomb which they will throw at an entry to destroy it. Will both your entries survive or not so lucky?)
    • The Vomit Comet (Upside-down and swiftly around you'll twirl on this crazy ride where you'll swing around in the air and control a rudder that allows you to spin left or right... Here you'll receive either two challenges or two prizes.. of which you will pick between the two.
    • Faerie-Go-Round (It's a carousel. Just a normal carousel where you'll receive a normal mystery box.)

Weather Change (BACK TO NORMAL)

Also in effect... we have a challenge modifier. The weather of the Mystery Box plane is variable and will affect your mystery challenges this deadline.
  • Deadlines Activated

Limited Prizes + Xplain Yoself

Only 8 prizes are earnable this deadline. That's a good thing if there are hot prizes amongst those 8. 

As well, this deadline is the Xplain Yoself deadline. All entries must have a brief explanation as to why you created the card the way you did. Simply explain any decisions you made and the motivation to make the card the way you did. An example would be: "I chose this artwork because [blank]. Then I wanted it to have an ETB ability because [blank]. Lastly, power #/# makes sense to me because blank. Hope you like it!"
  • 1st Annual Mystery Box Invitational Tournament

18 cardsmiths maximum will square off in this tournament

When: July 19 - 23

Format
    • 1-vs-1 Round Robin
    • All mystery challenges will be given the first day of the tournament
    • All round robin entries due by the end of Wednesday.
    • Playoffs will be Thursday/Friday.
    Prizes... YES!

Entry and Participation
    • The following 18 cardsmiths have already earned an invitational qualification and get first dibs. If you are among the 18 who pre-qualify, please confirm you're IN so you don't forfeit your spot.
    • Anyone that is not on this list can waitlist themself by posting you'd like to participate.
    1. @Corwinnn (IN/OUT)?
    2. @Jadefire (IN/OUT)?
    3. @bnew07 (IN/OUT)?
    4. @TenebrisNemo (IN/OUT)?
    5. @ShadowReign (IN/OUT)?
    6. @Potato13 (IN/OUT)?
    7. @LyndonF (IN/OUT)?
    8. @shadow123 (IN/OUT)?
    9. @Abu_Jafar (IN/OUT)?
    10. @Dizzydude (IN/OUT)?
    11. @Faiths_Guide (IN/OUT)?
    12. @SNAPcreator7 (IN/OUT)?