COLONISERS: Season 7!!! (Colonisers of Nemain)

Comments

• Sorry, I've been busy lately, could I get a small extension? I'll definitely have my entry in tomorrow.
  • @AboveAndAbout that gives you no reason to pick them over the Schwarmi Nodule... 
  • You'd be my second choice @DrakeGladis
  • Well, if I can't vote new dromoka, then @ChoyBoi's Empire of the Rising sun is the next choice.
  • @TheDukeOfPork, well thats a surprise! anything particular about my faction?
  • @ChoyBoi I like the hopeful example it sets and the effort you put in to all your designs! 
  • I don't know why people are inciting war with you.
  • I let them off without one to be fair

• Lol, I was just looking at the enemy/ally list. :lol:
  • @TheDukeOfPork Thanks for the unnescesary support though.
  • Looking at the Enemies list with @LordTachanka123, where are we with that at the moment? Are we at war? As far as I know, the last time it was mentioned, you only considered it - have I missed something?
  • @AxNoodle @LordTachanka123 it's totally possible that I missed the fact that you guys only considered war. If you guys want to remove yourselves from the other's Enemies/At War With list, feel free to contact me.
  • Alright, seeing as people clearly need more time we are giving a 48 HOUR EXTENSION!
  • @AxNoodle
    You wanna go to war? I'd be good with it. Or not. We can wait.
  • @AxNoodle @LordTachanka123 I've put a [?] after your respective factions on the War list in light of the current situation.
  • Why did the lune shatter card:
    The Eye of God

Counter mutation card:
    Protector Totem

Lore coming soon!
  • edited February 2021
    Lune shatter card:
    Shattering of the Lune
    -So the Lune is broken, isn't it?-Kabibon asked-And I suppose this is your business. What did you do to it?
    -That's not my mystery, but I'll give you a hint. Soon, everyone except the ones who accept the mutates will be gone, and our true master shall arise as once.-Archduke responded 
    -Can you tell us anything? A prophecy or something?
    -Yes, we can. First, the Lune is broken. I can't say how. Then we will do sacrificial rituals for our Overlord to come. And then, The Hour of Dark begins. Nobody except the Wendigo and the Dark shall survive. And then... Well, nobody knows what's then.
    -We must embrace these mutations or die? Is that what you say?
    -Nearly. But you must mutate the others too.
    Mutation card(We welcome the mutations and try to increase their amount):
    Wendigo Totem
    -Finally! A way to mutate others. These totems can barely be found and they do their work excellent! Now it's time to gather our armies and trick these angels away from our lands. They will get lost and then the Krad Plan begins. Are we clear?
    -Yesss...-answered Walker
    -If it works, there will be no more angels and with the Lune shattered there will be no more light on the Nemain.
    Horror Beast

• @LordTachanka123 No, not necessarily, I was just wondering why it was put down as though we were at war.
  • @HeroKP, the Lune is the moon right? so there will still be light on Nemain?
  • @ChoyBoi

Yes, be assured.

We aren't blowing up the sun until S8
  • Ok phew there's still light. I'd just concede if there wasn't
  • edited February 2021
    I shall try to stay in Season 8 until the sun explodes. I will need to know if Season 8 will be the last season or not, because I have a 'Finale' faction idea and a normal idea.
    Edit: Actually, I have lots of ideas. I wish I had entered the create-a-cult challenge.)
  •  

Archives Files 17.2121.2048

Calamity and woe!  There must be some great upheaval on this plane, for the moon, as it traversed its orbit shattered at it’s zenith!  I have recorded it and linked the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch/dQw4w9WgXcQ.  I would not believe it if I had not seen it with my eyes though.  Nothing we had recorded would cause that sort of destruction.  Scriba must have failed somewhere, or this is something we cannot have categorized yet.  Either way bodes terrible misfortune.  I feel, yes feel, terrified even to my base wires at the power that is needed to pull off something like that.

Whatever it is, it won’t overcome us.  We can and will construct a new moon if that is what it takes to show this plane who is in charge!  However, it has thrown a few of our guards into an all out panic, acting irrationally and defiant of orders.  Their actions do seem to follow a strange logic though… I will be questioning one later.

~~Eulogea, Mourner of the Core

Corrupted Node

Archives Files 17.2121.8879

Earlier this night, there was a loud resonance throughout the sky.  I was in the Research development with a few other Nodes, trying to get to the bottom of the Crystals.  At the resonance, the crystals shattered.  The resonance grew in volume, and it messed with a few of the assistants, who spouted things.  I took down their words, and it appears that they have been both blessed and cursed.  Blessed in that they seem to understand the eminations from the shards, but cursed that the rest of their knowledge was wiped.  They are restrained for now, and we are currently working on proofs, but before we restrained one, she managed to craft a key from the fragments.

I must admit, I do not know how she did it, but they flew together as if magnetic.  They emitted no such properties though.  I will attempt to learn from them; everything they’ve said is correct so far, and they couldn’t have known of it.  This could be quite the breakthrough.  The key itself is incredible to feel… it glows with a light that comes from somewhere that we don’t know, and it seems to energize with just a touch.

This opens up a whole new world to explore…

~~Scriba, Recorder of the Core

Shattering Surge

Thaumaturgic Key

Archives Files 17.2133.0423

One of us is dead.

We had been operating a night mission.  A simple disruption; routine work, but very satisfying.  Go in, kill a few people, set some things on fire, get out.  However, things quickly got more complicated.

Near the end of our mission, after slaughtering the chosen, we were to set fire to some storehouses and leave.  However, as we were going to do that, there was a deafening blast as the moon broke.  Realizing that there would be no reasonable person who could sleep through that, I ordered the rest of the nodes to follow me as we escape through the woods and night.  However, it was too late.

A few of the Nodes seemed to have been affected by the sound, not following orders.  I repeated them hastily, but there was no response.  They seemed to be doing their own thing, and guards were coming out.  I attempted once more to communicate, but I failed.  They seemed to be seeing and processing things only partially.  I dragged two off, but a third was too far away, and they were taken down by the guards as we made our escape.  The two having glitches are restrained and quieted, and if they continue to resist, will be powered down.  This is Sentra speaking.  I am going dark again.

--Transcript of call to the Schwarmi Council Hall.

Glitched Reality

•  Archives Files 17.2247.7130

Things seem to be turning out alright.  We’re not quite sure what happened the night of the moon breaking, but those members who were adversely effected seem to be recovering fairly successfully.  We have turned them off, charged them, done a bit of minor recoding, and they are ready to serve again.  Much more efficient and less costly than just scrapping them as Eulogea suggested very forcefully.  Once we perfect the code, we will send instructions on how to fix the issue to Sentra as she continues to rent out our soldiers.

As for the factual nonsense that was being spat out from the ones in the lab, upon an apparently successful reboot, I was able to talk one of the Nodes into discussing what she had experienced.  Her memory circuits had been empty except for gibberish, but she seemed to have perfect recall.  She said that the emanations from the crystals were a focal part of the life of the plane, and that it was what was considered magic.  The attacks we had suffered from the now-destroyed Dromokan Federation were of this substance and we had no true defense because we had no way to interact with it.  That’s not true now.  Now if someone would use this “magic” to attack us, we can not only defend easily, but efficiently as well.

I have started to attempt to learn how to handle this “magic”, and I believe I’m off to a good start.  However, we will need to rename it something a bit more factual, as the very name “magic” will only invoke scorn in the rational being.  To this end, I have started up a poll among the Nodes, a quaint idea that seems amusing and interesting to show what the population thinks.

~~Sentra, Recorder of the Core

Recharge and Repair

Archives Files 17.2321.9892

Well, Mother.  It may be time for you to rise much sooner than we had anticipated.  We expected it to be a long and arduous task to gather enough energy to let you wake up, but we are well on our way already.  Whether or not this is because of the moon’s destruction, I have no clue, but this “magic” is abounding in quantities so vast that I don’t quite understand how the plane is not in flames yet.

I will figure that out in time.  As it is, I have started taking this energy and funneling it into you for lack of a better word.  It would be easier with my sisters, but Eulogea is off managing daily affairs, and Sentra is out fighting. 

Still, Mother, you will be awake soon.  We won’t have control of the plain; you can help us achieve that.

~~Scriba, Recorder of the Core

Matricies Waking Core

• (Sorry, this was a bit long.  Lot to cover.
  • @AxNoodle @LordTachanka123 I've decided to remove you to from the Enemy/War list, since it was an honest mistake on my part and you two were wondering if you were at war.
  • Day 60
    (I'm not sure how long is in between each challenge, so I have no idea if this number would be accurate.)
    Last night, every Springan researcher on this island had the same dream. We all saw the moon torn asunder, and chaotic energies flowing from within. We believe it to be some strange anomaly caused by the mystical energies of the Arcane Isle, although we're not sure if it means anything. One can only pray that it isn't a vision of the future. If it is... I shudder imagining the devastation it would cause in our nation and in others.

Shattermoon Vision (Lore)

Day 62

It appears our worst fears have come true. Our vision from a few days ago has come to pass. I have been told of widespread chaos on the mainland, although luckily it hasn't yet reached our researchers here. On a more promising note, we have found a new cavern that was not there before the shattering. Exploration begins tomorrow. We hope to find some sort of explanation for the shattering, but it could be something completely different. It remains to be seen.

Day 64

Our researchers have found that the energies in this cavern are extremely similar to those released by the moon. Deep within this new cavern, there is a strange room that almost seems artificially made. The domed roof displays a starry scene, with the night sky seeming to magically move across the room. In the center is a pedestal with strange writing on it. If we can decipher it, we may gain information about why the moon has suddenly been destroyed. Our top researchers, including myself, are making it one of our top priorities.

(Research Card)

I say one of our top priorities because we have also found that, with access to the energies from the moon, we can create a countercharm of sorts to counteract the negative effects of those same energies. We expect to be producing it within a few weeks. Until then, the mainland will just need to hold out.

New-Bloom Countercharm (Anti-Chaos card)
  • I have no idea why some of the text at the end is blue. I did not mean for it to be that way, it just happened.
  • OK, and everyone has posted! We shall now go into the Jug Phase.
This discussion has been closed.