The Self-Serve Ice Cream/Creature Challenge Buffet

Hi all,
Whether you're looking for a random challenge to kill time with, or the spark to start your next inferno of invention, this is the thread for you!

I have put together the following lists of creature types with some help from MTG Wiki. I have also put together a list of challenges to utilise those lists. With the help of a random number generator, you can keep yourself entertained for hours on end!

There's currently no further direction from me, or prizes on offer. Please feel free to utilise these lists however you want. Send your friends a challenge, see if you can tick off every creature type yourself, go nuts! If there's enough interest, I might start up some small competitions based off this, but at the moment life is crazy and I'd rather send this out into the world without making the commitment that I'll be returning to judge every other week right now.

Here's how it works: Use a random number generator such as https://www.calculator.net/random-number-generator.html on the Challenges list. Then, follow the instructions, create your card, and share with the thread for fun. Include what your prompt was so we can all see the crazy combination for ourselves!

Challenges (Roll 1-22):
1. Vanilla - Roll on list A or B. If you rolled on list A, also roll on list C. Create a creature card using those creature types, and stick within the primary colours of those types.
2. Neapolitan - Roll on list A or B. If you rolled on list A, also roll on list C. Create a creature card using those creature types, that uses ALL of the listed primary colours among those creature types in it's colour identity.
3. Peanut Butter Fudge - Roll on list A or B. If you rolled on list A, also roll on list C. Creature a Legendary creature with the rolled types.
4. Strawberry Fields - Roll on list A or B. If you rolled on list A, also roll on list C. Create a land card that uses the rolled creature types in it's rules text.
5. Mint-Chocolate Chip - Roll on list B and list C. Make a creature card using both creature types.
6. Chocolate Fudge Sundae - Roll on list A or B. Create a creature card that is a God, Demigod, or Avatar in addition to the rolled type.
7. Half Baked - Roll on list C. Create a card with the rolled type, with no other creature types.
8. Something with Sprinkles - Roll on List A, B, and C. Create a creature card with types from A and C, that uses type B in it's rules text.
9. Cherry on Top - Roll on list A, B, or C. Create an Equipment that uses the rolled type in it's rules text.
10. Frozen Yoghurt - Roll on list A or B. If you rolled on list A, also roll on list C. Create a creature card using those creature cards, that does not use any of the listed primary colours for those creature types in it's colour identity.
11. Try a Sample - Roll on List A, B, or C. Create a card that creates tokens of the chosen type.
12. Low Fat, Sugar Free - Roll on List A or C. Create a creature card that is a Construct or Sculpture in addition to the rolled type. 
13. Peanut Allergy - Roll on list A or B. Create a card depicting the chosen creature type either during or after the process of becoming a Phyrexian.
14. A Cup and a Cone - Roll on list A, then roll on list C twice (roll again if you get the same result). Create a card with a single face that is all three rolled types.
15. Two Scoops - Roll on list A, then roll on list C twice (roll again if you get the same result). Create a modular-dual faced card with your rolled A on both sides, with one side each having your different C options.
16. Home Delivery - Roll on list A. Create a planeswalker card depicting a character of the rolled creature type.
17. Ravenous Toddler - Roll on list A or B. Create a card that hates on mechanically or is the perfect predator of the rolled type.
18. Now It's a Milkshake - Roll on list A and B. Create a two-sided card with transform, that is type A on one side and type B on the other.
19. Great Salesperson - Roll on list B or C. Create a planeswalker card that uses the rolled creature type in it's rules text.
20. From the Deep Freeze - Roll on list A or B. Create a creature card that is an Elder in addition to the rolled type.
21. Broken Soft Serve Machine (aka We Need a Mechanic In Here) - Roll on list A, B, or C. Create a card featuring a mechanic of your creation, that would be suitable as the rolled type's primary mechanic (the Ninjutsu of Ninjas, Rally/Cohort of Allies, or unnamed recruit abilities of Rebels/Mercenaries and discard a card= spell effect of Spellshapers). If it already has one, try make another!
22. Extra-Fast Delivery  (Provided by TheDukeOfPork)- Roll on list A and C. Create a creature card that is the rolled type on list A, with flash, and creates a token of the rolled type on list C.

Notes
  • Want to add a challenge? Sure, just post it or message me. To the list it goes!
  • The list of creature types is not 100% complete, I left off a few that were a tad too finicky or felt like they were doubling up (Masticores and Manticores, really?).
  • Many of these creature types (especially the classes) already have a mechanical identity in Magic. Some are quite strong, like Samurai having Bushido, while others are a little looser, like Druids typically generating mana or caring about lands, Trolls being able to regenerate or come back from the graveyard somehow, and Illusions being sacrificed when they become targets or dealt damage. For added flavour to your challenge, try include these elements! (I started listing them myself, but it became a whole new level of effort)

Comments

• A. Humanoid Races (Roll 1-77)

Primary Colour(s)
    1 Aetherborn Black
    2 Angel White
    3 Ape Green/Red
    4 Archon White
    5 Azra Black/Red
    6 Bird: Aven (Birdfolk) White/Blue
    7 Cat Demon: Rakshasas (Cat Demons) Black
    8 Cat: Leonin (Catfolk) White
    9 Centaur Green/Red
    10 Cephalid Blue
    11 Cyclops Red
    12 Demon Black
    13 Devil Red
    14 Djinn Blue
    15 Dog: Ainok (Houndfolk) Red/White
    16 Dragon Red
    17 Drone Blue
    18 Dryad Green
    19 Dwarf Red/White
    20 Efreet Red
    21 Elemental Red
    22 Elephant: Loxodon (Elephantfolk) White/Green
    23 Elf Green/Black
    24 Faerie Blue/Black
    25 Fox: Kitsune (Foxfolk) White
    26 Giant Red
    27 Goblin Red
    28 Gorgon Black
    29 Hag Black
    30 Harpy Black
    31 Homarid Blue
    32 Homunculus Blue
    33 Horror Black

• 34HumanWhite
    35IllusionBlue
    36ImpRed
    37Insect: Nantuko/Kraul (Insectfolk)Green
    38Jackal: Khenra (Jackalfolk)Red
    39KirinWhite
    40KithkinWhite
    41KoboldRed
    42KorWhite
    43MerfolkBlue
    44MinotaurRed/Black
    45MoonfolkBlue
    46NagaBlue/Green
    47NightmareBlack
    48NymphGreen
    49OgreBlack
    50OrcRed/Black
    51OupheGreen
    52Rat: Nezumi (Ratfolk)Black
    53Rhino: Rhox (Rhinofolk)White/Green
    54Salamander: Amphin (Salamanderfolk)Blue/Red
    55SatyrRed/Green
    56ShadeBlack
    57ShapeshifterBlue
    58SirenBlue/Black
    59SkeletonBlack
    60SliverN/A
    61Snake: Orochi (Snakefolk)Green
    62SpecterBlack
    63SphinxBlue
    64SpiritWhite/Black
    65ThallidGreen
    66ThrullBlack
    67TreefolkGreen
    68TrollGreen
    69VampireBlack/Red
    70VedalkenBlue
    71ViashinoRed
    72WeirdBlue.Red
    73WerewolfGreen/Red
    74Wolf: Wolfir (Wolffolk)Green
    75WraithBlack
    76YetiRed/Green
    77ZombieBlack

• B. Non-Humanoid Races (Roll 1-91)

Primary Colour(s)
    1 Antelope Green/Red
    2 Ape Green/Red
    3 Assembly-Worker Colourless
    4 Atog Red
    5 Auroch Green
    6 Badger Green/Red
    7 Basilisk Green
    8 Bat Black
    9 Bear Green
    10 Beast Green
    11 Bird White/Blue
    12 Boar Green/Red
    13 Camel White
    14 Cat White/Green
    15 Chimera Blue/Colourless
    16 Crab Blue
    17 Crocodile Green/Black
    18 Dinosaur Green/Red
    19 Dog Red/White
    20 Drake Blue
    21 Egg Red
    22 Eldrazi Colourless
    23 Elephant White/Green
    24 Elk Green/White
    25 Fish Blue
    26 Fox White
    27 Frog Blue
    28 Fungus Green
    29 Gargoyle Colourless
    30 Goat Red
    31 Golem Colourless
    32 Griffin White
    33 Hellion Red

• 34 Hippo Green
    35 Hippogriff White
    36 Horse White
    37 Hydra Green
    38 Hyena Green/White
    39 Insect Green
    40 Jackal Red
    41 Jellyfish Blue
    42 Kavu Red/Green
    43 Kraken Blue
    44 Leech Black
    45 Leviathan Blue
    46 Lhurgoyf Green
    47 Lizard Red/Green
    48 Manticore Red
    49 Mole Green
    50 Mongoose Green
    51 Monkey Green
    52 Mouse White
    53 Myr Colourless
    54 Octopus Blue
    55 Ooze Green
    56 Otter Blue
    57 Ox White
    58 Oyster Blue
    59 Pangolin Black/Green
    60 Pegasus White
    61 Phelddagrif White
    62 Phoenix Red

• 63 Plant Green
    64 Rabbit White
    65 Rat Black
    66 Rhino Green/White
    67 Sable Colourless
    68 Salamander Blue/Red
    69 Saproling Green
    70 Scarecrow Colourless
    71 Scorpion Black
    72 Serpent Blue
    73 Shark Blue
    74 Sheep White
    75 Sliver N/A
    76 Slug Black
    77 Snake Green
    78 Spider Green
    79 Sponge Blue
    80 Squid Blue
    81 Squirrel Green
    82 Starfish Blue
    83 Thopter Colourless
    84 Turtle Blue/Green
    85 Unicorn White/Green
    86 Wall N/A
    87 Whale Blue
    88 Wolf Green
    89 Wolverine Red
    90 Wombat Green
    91 Wurm Green

• C. Class Types (Roll 1-28)

Primary Colour(s)
    1 Advisor White
    2 Ally N/A
    3 Archer Green
    4 Artificer Blue
    5 Assassin Black
    6 Berserker Red
    7 Cleric White
    8 Druid Green
    9 Knight White
    10 Mercenary Black
    11 Minion Black
    12 Monk White
    13 Ninja Black/Blue
    14 Noble Black
    15 Nomad White
    16 Peasant White
    17 Pilot White/Red
    18 Pirate Blue/Red
    19 Rebel White
    20 Rogue Blue/Black
    21 Samurai White
    22 Scout Green
    23 Shaman Red
    24 Soldier White
    25 Spellshaper N/A
    26 Warlock Black
    27 Warrior Red
    28 Wizard Blue

• A first example, I rolled challenge 4. Strawberry Fields - Roll on list A or B. If you rolled on list A, also roll on list C. Create a land card that uses the rolled creature types in it's rules text. Then on list B, I rolled 26. Fox.

Have fun!
  • Wow! Very clever, Turtle! I would roll now but I'm slightly busy! Expect me later!
  • edited February 2021
    Roll whenever you want my friend! Looking forward to seeing your creations :smile:
  • edited February 2021
    -retracted-
  • I'm busy at the moment but might kill time with it later when I've got time. This looks really fun
  • I did the peanut allergy and got archon. phyrexian archon. it's not my favorite, but I think I did okay.
    Archon of Compleation

• First, I rolled-

Neapolitan - Roll on list A or B. If you rolled on list A, also roll on list C. Create a creature card using those creature types, that uses ALL of the listed primary colours among those creature types in it's colour identity.

Than I rolled on list B. I got-

37-Hydra                               Green

I only rolled on list B, so I don't get a second roll. So, a green hydra-

Brutal Hydra

Really fun challenge-prompt thing, mate, love this, I'll be back soon. 

Have a good one,

-The Duke

• Cool stuff, I'm glad you're all enjoying it. 
  • edited February 2021
    I got

"Low Fat, Sugar-Free - Roll on List A or C. Create a creature card that is a Construct or Sculpture in addition to the rolled type."

then rolled 22 on list A and got an elephant.

This is the card I made with it:

• @Commando I think the correct wording would be, "Whenever another creature you control blocks, if it's still on the battlefield, you may gain 3 life and draw a card." I don't know.

Also, could you give me the link so I can favourite it?
  • Well actually @Commando is correct.
  • But you don’t need combat.
  • I got challenge 17, Ravenous Toddler (Roll on list A or B. Create a card that hates on mechanically or is the perfect predator of the rolled type), and rolled a 57 on List A, Shapeshifter. Here's the result;

Amanto Truthseer
  • I did "from the deep freeze" and rolled slug. quite a weird combination, but I think I made it work okay.
    Grokma All-Consuming
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/grokma-all-consuming

• it has been favorited. probably my favorite card this month. @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos
  • Never thought I'd make an Illusion Spellshaper
    Thofora Mistform Nightmare
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/thofora-mistform-nightmare
  • @Yonkers11 Thanks! Although I dunno if it would make a landfall deck even more broken lol.
  • Here I am thinking that this has generated some fairly typical creature combinations so far, and then we get an Elder Slug. Delightful.
  • So at first this was just a regular card-making fun thing, when I got these results. Ok, time to stop stalling, let's go!

I rolled-

8. Something with Sprinkles - Roll on List A, B, and C. Create a creature card with types from A and C, that uses type B in it's rules text.

Then for list A, I rolled-

72-Weird

For list B-

41-Jellyfish

And for list C-

11-Minion

So that's a Jellyfish Weird with "Minion" in its rules text. Ummmm.....

Anyway, a Jellyfish Weird with "Minion" in its rules text.

Pulsing Mindstealer

Very intersting. I never thought I could get combinations like this. 

Anyway, thanks for the challenge, hungry for sum-ore,

-The Duke

• Ok seeing that most recent one I will actually try to figure out how to do this....
This discussion has been closed.