FAQ's and Common Suggestions

Comments

• Symbols on planeswalker cards and colored land borders are definitely towards the top of my list honestly.
  • Just spitballing here but I noticed some like to spam cards with no artwork (just a blank screen of death, usually bright white).. which is totally cool on the card creation side of things.  My thought was to have an option when selecting an image to select "NO IMAGE" or "USE SITE DEFAULT" or something... and it would just default to a picture of the MTG Cardsmith logo. This would be more pleasant and serve as an advertisement of sorts... thoughts?
  • I kinda like that

• This fool ain't got no art!

Something like that?
  • that is actually the best idea ive seen all day. Sometimes I have good ideas for cards, but I can't find art (or are feeling to lazy at the moment) and so those good ideas just fade from my brain. But yes great idea.
  • I actually love this idea too, very solid suggestion.
  • Interesting...Of course, I'lll never use that, as I have an "Art to Use" folder, but that's a nice idea. I like it.*
  • I like the concept @Corwinnn, but I'm honestly thinking a dark background is better throughout... white is more obnoxious and is what tickled me to have this idea... White or bright colors eat my battery life on my phone + it's brighter at night and not as pleasant to look at. I love the brownish-slate with green and gold color scheme of MTGCardsmith logo...

I pulled this image directly from the homepage.. I mean... the dark shaded area with the forest in the background is smack on... I think??? Maybe this whole picture is smack on ???

I'm not sure. What do you think?

• Yeah, a dark/grey background, maybe the background texture/color from the homepage?

• There is a function that lets a premium member from in an image for a symbol set.  If the same sort of coding allowed an image drop into the mana symbol area, text of a card, and/or card frame; a LOT of variety could be added with no more work from the part of the Cardsmith side of things. 

Instead of having to put new selections in you could let the community find and archive them like it does on the Custom Symbol Set and Symbol Set Supply house thread.

There are already a lot of non-standard mana symbols out there, like the colorless hybrid mana form reaper king, three-color hybrid mana symbols.  New card frame art could be dropped in for things like Future Sight and most the MSE style borders. 

In any case, it would shift some of the work to fans who are able and willing to help put things together.  It certainly seems to have worked for the custom symbols.

Then whosoever is working on improvements could take on other projects.  Like letting cards online have a link that connects to a tweet-size text document.  This area would be a good place to put "Rulings"  and would allow people to link Keywords to reminder text rather than having them on-card.
  • When's the March blog going to be released?
  • Just what I was going to say.
  • Earlier Today?
  • Wait. I thought it was tommorow? Or was that last week? 
  • edited March 2021
    retracted-
  • edited March 2021
    I have an odd request.  What about the ability to group your notifications or group your bookmarks?  Sometimes, I look at the forums looking to see notifications from certain threads, only to see I have to go through 96 notifications.
  • edited March 2021
    colored artifact frames?
    (these might already be a thing but I don't think they are)
    edit: nvm they are
    no colored legendary artifact frames though
  • Another ask for Purple mana
  • Day 1 of assisting @KorandAngels get purple mana
  • SNOOOW MANNA!! (in mana cost)
  • day 1 of asking for time shifted rarity and day 2 of helping @KorandAngels getting purple mana
  • @KorandAngels @Omtegu
    If you're willing to work with tools outside of MTGCS, Magic Set Editor has frames that work with 10 colors of mana. You can get a copy of MSE with the extra color frames already installed here
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zk7neFpSoytZhtsgxAsoLTGcL756j6V1/view?usp=sharing

I hate recommending tools outside of MTGCS on the MTGCS forums, but I'm not sure if purple mana is something that could be easily added to the MTGCS editor and I'm not sure if it's something MTGCS even wants to support (but I can't speak for the staff. It's just going to be one of the more difficult/extensive things to try to implement).
  • I know about MSE but find it titanic and brutally slow pain to use compared to this site.  I know  another site that's trying to ramp up but it's like in Beta still, so only does a few things better than MSE - like token options.
  • I don't understand the formatting of mse and also I think the download is too heavy. It is very in-depth and I would like to learn to use it though.
  •  I made some cards with it a couple of years ago.  While the formatting options and customization level are amazing the technical know-how and nitpickness level need to make things come out just so are frustrating.

A really good how-to encyclopedia would be great.
  • The features and suggestions form doesn't seem to be working.  I get and HTTP error 500 when I click the Send button.