Tuesday Tumult

Introduction...

I got a feeling this is gonna be a loud one. I've been watching a bunch of videos where gamers or whatever try to do the craziest and wackiest or most impossible things in the game... and they're quite entertaining. So I thought, "This is 100% integratable into our beloved card creation website."

This is probably the craziest idea I've had, but I'm 99% certain it'll work and offer up pure entertainment and one truly challenging form of a contest for everyone. This might be the single most unusual concept I've ever had, and of course it makes sense as a once a week thing. So here we go.

How it works.

1. To participate, submit one challenge per week. You can do so in this thread by commenting your challenge for all to see, or you can remain anonymous and message me your challenge.
  2. Give your challenge a name. Something that really gives it a personality.
  3. On Tuesdays, I'm going to shuffle all the challenges I've received and assign them to everyone who submitted (at random).
  4. You'll have approx 1 week to submit an entry for your challengeYou can do so in this thread by commenting your card for all to see, or you can remain anonymous and message me your creation.
  5. Then the judges will pick the winners. If you want to judge this contest, you can message me!

Here's the catch.

The challenges we all submit must be either or both:
  • IMPOSSIBLY difficult
  • Rule-breakingly, or unrealistically difficult

Understanding the catch.

If you're confused as to what would be an acceptable challenge, GOOD! Part of this contest is the challenge of pushing our limits to the extreme and seeing what we are capable of doing, as well as not taking it too far... Which brings me to the last piece of this funshow...

The Slap System

Everyone gets precisely one slap per week. You may slap one challenge per week. When you slap a challenge, the creator of said challenge must submit a new challenge. The slap system is intended to keep everyone relatively tame and prevent the inclusion of challenges that simply should not exist. Use your slap wisely. Reserve them only for challenges that simply make no sense whatsoever to you. There's going to be a lot of crazy, wicked, and nearly mindblowing challenges. Lastly, you cannot slap a challenge once it has been assigned.

Comments

• edited February 2021
    Counterspell Confusion

Create a card that counters itself.

• Sprinkle on Top

Create a multicolored instant that puts counters on an enchantment you don't control.
  • Can challenges require multiple cards that are related?

If so:

Intertwining Divinity

Create two planeswalkers or one planeswalker and one legendary creature that meld into a non-eldritch god creature. (two characters that merge into a divine being, not fusing into an unholy mass of flesh.)
  • Face down on concrete

Create a aura card that enters the battlefield face down as a copy of target creature your opponents control.

• Also, ver cool concept idea.
  • edited February 2021
    Sidewinding
    Create an aura that enchants itself.
    Jug Phase
    Create a card that makes 0/0 colourless Jug creature tokens.
  • Sidewinding or Jug Phase @KorandAngels?
  • These are all basically awesome. I was trying to quietly fall asleep when I LOL'd at Counterspell Confusion and Face Down on the Concrete
  • Cool idea, can't wait to have it kick me in the butt :smile:

Picky Pacifist
    Create a creature with Defender and base power 0, that does not have a way to remove Defender from itself, and has an ability that triggers when it deals combat damage to a player.
  • Reluctant King of the Bouncy Castle
    Create a legendary creature that:
    1. "Wins" you the game if it enters the battlefield 10 or more times
    2. Can't "flicker" itself - including exiling or back to hand
    Maybe not too difficult, but should be fun I think.
  • Reluctant King of the Bouncy Castle is by far my favourite name so far.
  • The first one is better.
  • Hmm, Suduko Minimalism is also great. Coming up with the name will probably be my favourite part of this.
  • I'll be so upset if I get my own challenge LOL.
  • Jeez, my one is easy.
  • Mine might be on the harder side because it requires multiple cards.
  • Next time I'll make it better. I just thought that name was funny.
  • edited February 2021
    I almost forgot about the name, had the basic idea for the challenge, started writing it out, and realized I didn't have a name and it just came to me haha
    Will also try to make a tougher challenge next time too.
  • my challenge isn't that hard it's just... weird
  • Alright, I'll put a challange here as well. Beware the...

Stranger Strangers
    Create a card that refferences three creature types that have absolutely nothing to do with each other. The card must not be a simple boring "lord".

I know it's not really "impossible" but I think it will be fun, especially making the card make sense.
  • edited February 2021
    Sub Zero wins, fatality!
    Create a creature with negative toughness that can survive on its own without the assistance of any other cards.  It can't enter the battlefield with any counters and it can't have any static toughness-boosting or stat-resetting abilities that applies to itself.  It also has to be a creature at all times.
  • Sorry @feralitator I gotta slap a challenge that requires triple the work of other challenges.
  • I was thinking about slapping that one too @Jadefire
  • edited February 2021
    Ok, then how about

Counting Counters
    Create a card that puts three or more different types of counters on permanents (not players), other than common counters such as +1/+1, -1/-1, and loyalty counters. It can either put them on itself (if you make a permanent), or on other cards. (No proliferate.)
  • That's a good one, I like it.
  • I do have another idea that could require a second card if the person goes with a creature transforming, but it could also go with just a changing creature type and power/toughness route if they don't want to find another piece of art. I'm mainly just gonna say this here so I can probably remember my idea for next week.

(Definitely not a hint)

• Welcome back to Tuesday Tumult - it's TUESDAY!!!

Here are your randomly assigned challenges - you have one week to submit an entry. Feel free to submit a new challenge for next week at any time! The judges this round are me (My entry cannot win.) Happy smithing!

@jpastor you get Counterspell Confusion:
    • Create a card that counters itself.
    @WarriorCatInAhat you get Sidewinding:
    • Create an aura that enchants itself.
    @AboveAndAbout you get Reluctant King of the Bouncy Castle:
    • Create a legendary creature that:
      1. "Wins" you the game if it enters the battlefield 10 or more times
      2. Can't "flicker" itself - including exiling or back to hand
    @TheDukeOfPork you get Stranger Strangers:
    • Create a card that references three creature types that have absolutely nothing to do with each other. The card must not be a simple, boring "lord".
    @KorandAngels you get Picky Pacifist:
    • Create a creature with Defender and base power 0, that does not have a way to remove Defender from itself, and has an ability that triggers when it deals combat damage to a player.
    @TheRacingTurtle you get Sub Zero Wins, FATALITY!:
    • Create a creature with negative toughness that can survive on its own without the assistance of any other cards.  It can't enter the battlefield with any counters and it can't have any static toughness-boosting or stat-resetting abilities that applies to itself.  It also has to be a creature at all times.
    @Red_Tower you get Sprinkle on Top:
    • Create a multicolored instant that puts counters on an enchantment you don't control.
    @ThePhantomJoker you get Face Down on Concrete:
    • Create a aura card that enters the battlefield face down as a copy of target creature your opponents control.
    @Jadefire you get Counting Counters:
    • Create a card that puts three or more different types of counters on permanents (not players), other than common counters such as +1/+1, -1/-1, and loyalty counters. It can either put them on itself (if you make a permanent), or on other cards. (No proliferate.)
    @feralitator you get Sudoku Minimalism:

• edited March 2021
    Here's my card for Counterspell Confusion by @WarriorCatInAhat

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/asteroids-everywhere

• Here's mine. I did slightly change the wording on the mechanic that I picked so that it would say "under your control", just to make it a bit more balanced.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sylvan-archdruid-of-the-wild
This discussion has been closed.