Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @Corwinnn You have a good one. I love those kind of abilities. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
  • Yo the difficulty selector is not a thing anymore lol
  • Oh, sorry.
  • edited March 2021
    Create a mono red card with a single Tap to activate ability that takes up the whole card.

Sparking Ladybug

Hidden flavor text does exist!
    @ShadowReign - Hope you like it!
    I should probably get a box before I get ladybugged to death...
  • "Create a card that gives a creature +/- stats."

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/battlescarred-alchemist

I'm taking a little break, so no box for me, thanks.
  • Let's chat about what's next and whats happening:

• Fisticuff Friday sounds really cool.
  • edited March 2021
    Mystery Boxes?
  • edited March 2021

Mystery Boxes

Casual Deadline

@AboveAndAbout your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a gruul colored Hydra.
    @ShadowReign your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that surveils.
    @Corwinnn your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 222 - Sorry this prize is not casual. Maybe next time
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Colorless creature.
    @Suleman your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 88 - An Accordion: polka GIF by Chris Timmons You may offer to trade your challenge with another cardsmith's mystery challenge.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with power/toughness equal to 1/*.
  • @jpastor
    As I said, I'm taking a break, so no box for me.
  • edited March 2021
    Mystery Challenge: Create a nonland, noncreature card that adds White.

And yes, I have created a new character and attempted to make a 2-mana planeswalker in the process. I thought going for an artifact would be to basic, enchantments seemed weird, instnat/sorceries were also a bit uncertain... so I went with this fella.

I'll take a little break from opening boxes now.
  • I will take one for the weekend.
  • "Create an Equipment card with an additional cost to cast."

Horn of Mardoon
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/horn-of-mardoon

I do enjoy having others tell me what to make sometimes, ha ha. I'll take another box, please and thank you.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that surveils.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/amassing-piranhas?list=user

Hit me with another one of those boxes bruv.
  • @AboveAndAbout you get Suleman's box
  • Did the poison hit yet?
  • edited March 2021

Mystery Boxes

Casual Deadline

@mmm3creator your mystery box contains:
    - Prize 264 - Not a casual prize: maybe next time!
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a spell with {X}{X} and generic mana in the mana cost.

@Suicidal_Deity your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create an Imp creature with an acitivated ability that costs {b} to activate.

@ShadowReign you used the artwork from the Piranhas movie LOL, but you changed the color bahaha nice. Your mystery box contains:
    - Prize 168 - not a casual prize: maybe next time!
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a colorless permanent that adds mana and has a custom ability of your own creation.
  • can I have a box please?
  • Stony Silencer
    Another please!
  • edited March 2021
    Create a Legendary Colorless creature.

Demnarch

Any box that is within your grasp will suffice as a replacement for this completed one.
  • edited March 2021
    For @Suleman
    Create a creature with power/toughness equal to 1/*.

Wall of Hieroglyphics
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a colorless permanent that adds mana and has a custom ability of your own design.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/temple-of-isolation?list=user

• Keep those boxes coming.
  • I swear to Bartles & James.

Sometimes you see a challenge and say to yourself "oh that will be fun to puzzle out over the next few days."   

Then go do something unrelated only for your brain to ping you with the solution 15 minutes later in spite of you not really thinking about it.

You remember that great  piece of art you like that does something obvious but powerful and that has been done before.  But the challenge provides the throttle back you need and makes you realize you can add other functionality.  And it fits into one of your sets as a relic of an ancient, dead and forgotten race perfectly.

So here is the resulting intellectualchild of child of a Time Vaut, Magistrate's Secptre, Staff of Domination, sort of a Myr Incubator, Darksteel Reactor, and Voltaic key.
    (lucky an artifact can have any number of parents, huh?)  Or wait a minute, technically he's older than anyone; he could be his own Grandpa for al I know.  Chronomancy is so confusing  it's a good thing it gives you plenty of time to think about and try to work out just exactly how you got plenty of time in the first place.

I guess I need to ask for another for the weekend think then but feel free to wait until tomorrow or Saturday morning.
This discussion has been closed.