Fisticuff Friday

Welcome to Fisticuff Friday

A long time ago in this very galaxy, I stopped playing FNM (Friday Night Magic) to play FNH (Friday Night Hockey). In hockey... there are fist fights (fisticuffs). I'm sad I no longer have FNM, so I need to supplement it with this contest. Thank you in advance to all who playtested this concept with me to make sure it works.

Objective

• You are going to build and enter a 60 card deck each week that you'd like to participate.
  • On Fridays, I'm going to simulate rounds with these decks to determine winners, exactly as we do in FNM.

How to build your deck

• You can make new cards and use old cards you've made to build your decks.
  • You cannot use MTG official cards or recreate them in MTGCS, other than basic lands.
  • You can have any combination of lands and spells to equal 60 cards.
  • You can roll with the same deck week to week, or mix it up or whatever you want to do.
  • You have limitations for quantities of rarities within a deck:
Mythic: You can have ONLY 1 mythic card, but you can have 1-4 copies of that mythic in your deck.
Rare: You can have 1-12 rare cards. For example, if you have 3 rare playsets... then you can't add any more rares, but you could add 1 of each of 12 different Rares if you wanted to.
Common/Uncommon: You can have any combination of these rarities to fill your deck.
Lands: You can have up to 4 custom nonbasic lands. If they are rare or mythic, they count towards your rarity count. All other lands must be basic.

Card Rules

• You can't have any cards that "win" or "lose" the game in your deck unless a special request is made and granted.
  • Your cards should be balanced, playable, and adhere to the color pie. If they are not, simulation will reveal their faults, and I or others will announce them to you.
  • All card text will be followed to a dime. If there are any typos, they will not be autocorrected. If your card is meant to say, "You gain 1 life," but it says "You gain 1," you will gain 1 'nothing' in simulation play.
  • Un cards won't work here

Submitting your deck

1. You can easily duplicate your cards in tappedout.net and playtest your deck before submitting it to me for Fisticuff Friday.
Tutorial on Deck Creation on tappedout.net found here.

Simulation Games

• Will take place on TappedOut.net
  • Matchups will be random
  • Best 2-outta-3
  • Losers eliminated
  • Winner advances to next round until Champion is determined.

Prizes

Not every challenge needs prizes to be rewarding. If you'd like favorites, I can assure you that you'll get them via exposure. This thread is just for fun.

Example Deck

Into the Storm

Comments

This discussion has been closed.