Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @IanLowenthal - we'll call it even... i have no clue... last thing I see for you is "Create an enchantment that can become a creature.. but i'm sure there was something I'm missing. Either way, would you like another?
  • Yup - it's actually a luck of the roll thing... almost all prizes have a sub variant attached to them ... so in a way - instead of there being 375 prizes... you could say there are in fact 700 prizes
  • I don't believe I've ever participated in this time honored tradition of mystery boxes, so I suppose I ought to give it a try. Open the box!
  • @Suicidal_Deity's prize was "Math Problem." A recap of what just happened in PM...

Suicidal_Deity: I shall pick 123 and 4.

Jpastor: Step 1 - done. Step 2.. I randomly pick between mean, range, sum, and division.

*It landed on Range*

Step 3 - find the range = 123-4 = 119

Step 4 - you get Prize 119 - An Opaque Coin: Do you wish to flip the coin?

Suicidal_Deity: Yeah, let's go for it!

jpastor: Dang it landed on tails - all colorless entries submitted this deadline are destroyed!

this destroys: nothing
  • edited March 2021

Mystery Boxes

Deadline of Mechanics

@AboveAndAbout your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Elf creature with taunt (Insert ability here -or- choose an existing ability from the mechanix.)
    @wizards_of_the_coast your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature card that strengthens a creature (+N1/+N2) and has @Suicidal_Deity's ability, Frost Aura (Whenever this creature attacks, tap target creature defending player controls.)
    @TheDukeOfPork your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 18 - Hugs the office hug GIF by EditingAndLayout 4 faves donated by jpastor to the cardsmith of your choice + 1 favorite of my choice to you
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a flying creature with first strike and @bigbadbooknerd's Overkicker... Overkicker {Cost} (Whenever this creature attacks, you pay {cost}.)
    @Corwinnn your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 171 - Hugs Everyone Hugs GIF 2 faves donated by jpastor to the cardsmith of your choice + 2 favorites of my choice to you + 1 favorite of your choosing to yourself, provided by me.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare equipment that gives a creature deathtouch and an ability of your own devising named "spike."
    @Suicidal_Deity your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a spell that changes the color of a spell or permanent and has @joemanjoe's Firestarter X {cost} (You may cast this spell for it's firestarter cost. if you do, copy it X times. You may choose new targets.)
    @Red_Tower your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with a custom ability called "Second Sun." (Create said ability.)
  • edited March 2021
    Had the general idea quick but took time to boil down.
    Sort of a combination of weakened versions of Power
    Artifact plus Seige Modification for my Steampunk Block:

The trains don't drive themselves, but doing do
    is average Goblin simple.
  • @jpastor Sorry I'm late.
    Mystery Challenge: Create a Basalt card.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/basalt-conjuring?list=user

Hit me with another box please.

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare equipment that gives a creature deathtouch and an ability of your own devising named "spike."
    Spiked Abhorrent

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a Mystery Box? 
    Oh, I'll take one of those!
  • edited March 2021

Mystery Boxes

Mechanical Deadline

@TheDukeOfPork, I forgot to offer you a second prize choice (as is an ongoing benefit for participating in this deadline.) You may choose this prize instead of your original:
    • Prize 47 - Judge's Credentials Lebron James Yes GIF by Powerade The next time I judge anything, you can judge with me.
    @ShadowReign your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 5 - A Deck of Cards cards GIF by Chris Timmons You may reshuffle your mystery challenge.
    • or Prize 187 - You may accept 1 favorite of jpastor's choice + 1 of your choice
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Aven creature with prowess.
    @Corwinnn I forgot to offer you a second prize last box... as such you can pick from amongst the three below for this box. Your mystery box contains:
    • Premium Prize 188 - Infinity Shard unicorn infinity GIF by ELM You get each other prize listed in this batch.
    • or Prize 364 - Favorites te amo heart GIF by Nickelodeon You may accept 1 favorite of your choice.
    • or Prize 337 - nickelodeonru like nickelodeon nick sponge bob GIF You may accept a favorite on your two most recently created cards other than your entry.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Liege creature that bolsters and has inspired.
  • @jpastor I will accept Prize 187 and the 1 like of your choice. The like of my choice will go to Corwinnn's
  • Aven of Peace
    I'll have a box!
  • edited March 2021
    Create a spell that changes the color of a spell or permanent and has @joemanjoe's Firestarter X {cost} (You may cast this spell for it's firestarter cost. If you do, copy it X times. You may choose new targets.)

Belvaia's Grace
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/belvaias-grace

I'll grab another mystery box, please and thank you.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create an Aven creature with prowess.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/arc-knull-aven-sky-mage?list=user

Arc Knull has been known to summon an ancient mystery, hidden within a box. Who knows who else can summon them as well.
  • who knows who else?
    I do
    jpastor
  • @Corwinnn
    thanks for the hugs
    I just noticed now
  • @jpastor Just to be clear, I'm asking for another box.
  • technically still a bird
    Illumia Skycat Sorcerer
  • Create a Liege creature that bolsters and has inspired.
    I accept prize Infinity Shard. - You get each other prize listed in this batch.

Hell Ant Liege

If there is a mystery box shaped like a picnic basket, I'll hesitatingly open it... and hope this guy doesn't pop out!
  • Mystery Boxes

Mechanic Deadline

@TheDukeOfPork your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that gives you hexproof (You can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control.)
    @Suicidal_Deity your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 343 - Deadline Activator (Slot Machines Deadline) slot machines slots GIF by VICE WORLD OF SPORTS
    • or Prize 227 - Conquerors Activator (Challenge Mode) we win our house GIF by Crossroads of History
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with my ability: Genesis N - {cost}.
    • Genesis N - {cost}, Reveal the top N cards of your library: You may put any number of cards with mana value N or less from among them [location] and the rest [location].
    @ShadowReign your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-red Cat creature with trample and toughness 0.
    @Corwinnn I've taken care of all favorites on my end. You have 2 of your choice remaining. Your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 4 - A Vial with a Green Substance flexing ted-ed GIF 
    • or Premium Prize 34 - The Mystery Box Avatar (-or-) non-premium prize of your choice.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Sorcery card that targets a noncreature permanent and has Replicate {cost} (When you cast this spell, copy it for each time you paid its replicate cost. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
    @WarriorCatInAhat your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 37 - A Red Rose red rose GIF When you submit your entry, you may have jpastor (favorite -or- destroy) all active red entries this deadline.
    • or Prize 283 - Favorites: You may accept 5 favorites of your choice. Likes Ok GIF by Jeremy Speed Schwartz
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an artifact that flips a coin and has a custom ability of your choice.

• edited March 2021
    Create a card with @jpastor's ability, Genesis.
    • Genesis N - {cost}, Reveal the top N cards of your library: You may put any number of cards with mana value N or less from among them [location] and the rest [location].

Ritualistic Oracle
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ritualistic-oracle

I don't even know what it does, but I want prize 227.
    Conquerors Activator!

And I shall end my turn. I mean take another mystery box.
  • On another note, I'd like to take a second to say thank you to @jpastor. Clearly there is a lot of work and effort that goes into this mad creation, and I just want you to know that I appreciate it.

Cheers.
  • edited March 2021
    @Suicidal_Deity lol "I shall end my turn." I loved that.

And yes, thank you for everything @jpastor, you are beloved and appreciated.
  • yeah @jpastor thank you so much for all the work you put into these challenges
  • Thanks everyone!
  • Charm of Harmony
    I'll have another!
  • @jpastor I'll take a box!
  • edited March 2021
    Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-red Cat creature with trample and toughness 0.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/fabled-mountain-behemoth?list=user

The Fabled Mountain Behemoth guards the Great Mystery Box of the peaks, and will destroy anyone who tries to take it. While many have tried, none have been successful . . . . Yet.
  • Green Substance... Mystery Box Avatar,,, Green Substance... Mystery Box Avatar... Green Substance... This is gonna need some thought!

Create a Sorcery card that targets a noncreature permanent and has Replicate {cost} (When you cast this spell, copy it for each time you paid its replicate cost. You may choose new targets for the copies.)

Infernal Condemnation

I may regret this, but I'll go with the green substance and a box to hide in!
This discussion has been closed.