Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• edited April 2021

Nice work all

We shall do another live mystery box batch on twitch today.
    Feel free to drop-in while I'm live and constructing these boxes!

twitch.tv/jimbotten

• edited April 2021
    Prize 159 - Kinetic Orb: Genesis — You may reveal this card from your opening hand. If you do, (decided by card designer). Exile (card name).

Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that you must sacrifice unless you pay something. {Can be a one-time payment or reccuring.}

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rakdos-the-conqueror?list=user

Rakdos came to this realm seeking an alliance between his world and ours, we should have seen through this lie long ago. We foolishly excepted his offer, only to be betrayed and our world conquered. The few of us that remain have traversed the realms in search of the sole weapon to take back what is ours. This weapon has many names, but all can agree, it's a Mysterious Box.
  • It's not the 5th, but as no boxes arrived on the 6th, I took some liberties on the 7th
    The Pillars of Kings Consumed by Death Medella Vision of Devastation
  • ...and the deadline has arrived...

...and the winners are...

Up to you!!!

Please help me test out my beta voting form and vote for your top five. There are no links or images on the form, so please familiarize yourself with all entries and pick your top 5 before navigating to the voting form. Let me know if there are any issues, I will attempt to correct. Integrity voting more than one time for a card is cheating and not worth the few extra mystery box points. Just pick your top 5 and be on with your day. Try not to vote for all your cards.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfsX1PFYohttPBaxaIyE4MIuV3SoNGN9puB7Be6ZejcPOL2Kw/viewform?usp=sf_link
  • Mystery Boxes

Duels

NEWS FLASH - You're now in a deathmatch against another cardsmith. You're in a duel! IT'S DUELING TIME!!!

@WarriorCatInAhat your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a blue spell that's ability text takes up the whole text field.
    @Jadefire your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 28 - Duels (Winner takes all.) [Activated] En Garde Battle GIF by GEICO
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that's a member of The Agents of S.N.E.A.K.—Silent Ninjas Evading Any Kapture.
    @Corwinnn your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that's a member of The Agents of S.N.E.A.K.—Silent Ninjas Evading Any Kapture.
    @ShadowReign your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 122 - (If you win your duel) Complicated Orb: sphere rotating GIF by robob3ar You choose the difficulty level for a random challenge in the next batch.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a blue spell that's ability text takes up the whole text field.

• The voting form works pretty well.  The radio buttons for each choice only work horizontally (to prevent voting for the same card for more than one rank) but not vertically as well (to prevent voting for multiple cards for the same rank).  You may also consider including a field in the form for voters to identify themselves and only accept the results if they also comment here that they've voted so you can verify each form was filled out by a unique user.
  • Thanks @Jadefire
    i just found the button that limits responses to 1 response per column as well.

As for the rest, I have the ability to require a sign-in, which would make it a 1 response gig... but I won't do that unless it becomes a problem.

Instead, I've added a required Signature section at the bottom, where you can just type in your name. In the end - I can't really see who voted for what, but I intend to be able to see who voted and then the total number of votes for each column/row will go into my algorithm.
  • Wait, what about me?
  • @AboveAndAbout, your box is on p. 159
  • edited April 2021
    -new card will be here soon-

• edited April 2021
    Mystery Challenge: Create a blue spell that's ability text takes up the whole text field.

This is one h*ll of a card.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/fall-through-fate-1?list=user

Weightless, we fall through our fate, while some have a splash, many have none. But must the make a splash, must they have impact, must we leave a dent in history. Or is it enough to simply have a meaningless life, with the only purpose of living life and enjoying it. Many of us have dreams of one day being famous, and for many this never happens, but isn't that okay. Isn't it perfectly fine to sit back and enjoy a Mystery Box, though no one will remember you opened it. (A comedian named Heath Mclvor/Randy Feltface had the same philosophy. Here's a link to the video, it's really funny and the ending message is heartwarming.)

I didn't know how to share the link.
  • Reading cards now.....
    ...selecting only one not made by Corw... I mean...
    :::looking around:::
    :::relieved no one noticed:::
    ...Aaaaaaaaaaaand Done!
  • can I actually retract my card because it doesn't take up the whole text box? I want to make a new one.
  • @WarriorCatInAhat lol I didn't even see we used the same set symbol.
  • @WarriorCatInAhat
    yes retract it and post a new one

@AboveAndAbout
    it says you voted twice?

@Corwinnn
    it says you voted twice?

I guess I need to make it login only to limit responses to 1 per person. I dunno
  • I only voted once, with 5 votes total
  • @Corwinnn Someone put one of your cards as the signature lol
  • That was probably me, I didn't know what that last part is for. lol
  • If you need my individual votes, I can PM them to you
  • No I see yours @Corwinnn
  • edited April 2021
    What would I put there?
  • Your name.
  • edited April 2021
    Okay, my bad.
  • I put in once, or I pressed the button twice by accident.
  • But yeah @jpastor , just post on here when your live and I'll get to it as soon as I can. I enjoy the talk, especially during the state the world is at now, but thankfully the world is getting back to normal. In the meantime I'll try and see if I can't resolve the notification problem. Take care dude, and fun with the fam.
  • I have created a monster
    Trial and Error
    might be a bit op but who cares

https://www.mtgcardsmith.com/view/kozue-elusive-vaporblade

This discussion has been closed.