• __________
    |
    |
    -------
    |
    |
    |
    |
  • F̵̢̧̨͔̲̰̫̻͎̭͕͇̹̺̘̖̯͙͇̥̦̪͙̳̟͉̹͖̻͎̘͖̤̟͍͎͙͇̻̪̳͉̩͚̲̱͖̦̯̙͉͕͚͍̰̠̖̩͈͖̱̰̘͉̩̂̋͐̀̅͒̄͌̑̓̈̏́̚͘͜͝ͅͅ
  • F to everyone
    even to the people who haven't died
  • FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFF
  • f
    But for real, its been rough to see everyone who has to get eliminated, but that's just how it has to go unfortunately.
  • Yeah, all of the characters eliminated so far feel like they shouldn't have been eliminated in the first round. The competition is quite tough.
  • Yeah, the tournaments just get better and harder
  • edited April 2021
    Yeah. This one was crazy!

Also, For those that don't know, Ytsix will still be available for another in-game week if anyone wants to interact with him. After that though, it's off to New Tommia.

6 Days Left
  • ~~Are we likely to get glistening oil infections if we interact?~~
  • Yea that glistening oil, doesn't it infect entire planes? Do you think it was a good idea to include that in the story?

Because a drop of oil destroyed Myrodin (dunno if  I spelled that right)
  • Not criticism just thought that it's something that once introduced is hard to ignore.
  • who introduced the oil?
  • Ystix's story had something about black glistening oil which sounds and a prostethic coming to life which sounded phyrexian to me but I might have just misunderstood the story.
  • To be fair Mirrodin's world is made up almost entirely of biomechanical organisms. Phyrexian oil's been shown to have much greater impact on mechanical components than fully biological entities, especially considering they were not as much of a threat on Kaldheim as they were on Mirrodin.
  • yeah
    there was this kid on mirrdodin
    melira
    and she was fully biological, she was immune to the metallic growths
    and because of that she was immune to the phyrexian oil
  • edited April 2021
    Ok so from what I gathered, what you all said is correct with a few minor things. Phyrexians have a harder time spreading in mostly bio-organic areas but they can still spread it'll just take longer.

First they would infect a host, easier if the host is an artifact,  Ystix works because he had a prosthetic and he was biomecanic, then it slowly corrupts the host and convinces them to spread it both physically and by terramorphing the landscape to make spread easier.

As the infection spreads through death, contact or any biological and/or biomechanical processes the plain becomes more and more corrupt.

The final phase is praectors being born or arriving in the contaminated plain and exterminating resistance.

So I still think with all the random teleportation Ystix has been doing he has been unwillingly spreading the phyrexian infection.
  • So I still think with all the random teleportation Ystix has been doing he has been unwillingly spreading the phyrexian infection.
    While this is probably true/the intention of including it as part of his story, that all doesn't mean Tenebris has to choose to use it as a plot device in TOC. The local Abyss already seems to have a pretty corrupting property to it. Maybe TN will just say that it's somehow solidified/liquid Abyss or something.
    No need to overly freak out right now, and certainly no need to be overly critical of the use of it in someone's story, especially since they've already been eliminated.
  • The abyss is part of my storyline
This discussion has been closed.