Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a quote in it's flavor text. The card must be Bred to be RED. 
    (I hit me head against the coin and collect it.)
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/nhjari-voice-of-the-land?list=user

There are many Mystery Boxes, many bring good favor, others bring misfortune. N'hjari believes all Mystery Boxes can become good. Because this belief contradicts the beliefs of her tribe, she has been exiled. She still lives within the land, but no where near her tribe. She seeks to prove her tribe wrong, making a deal with the devil himself, Rakdos. N'hjari requires a box.
  • Prize 72 - Duplicate Prize: You may receive a copy of the prize in the box above or below your box.
    ShadowReign is above me, I'm going to copy the Tactical Nuke and level the playing field.

A Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary card with Volcanic in its name.
    https://www.mtgcardsmith.com/view/chandras-volcanic-temper

Could I get another box?
  • Hello boyos - let's go live for the next trepenations

twitch.tv/cryptocaillou

Things to discuss:
    • 1, 2, Buckle My Shoe
    • Phantastic Reasons to Quit playing Magic and start playing Planet Coaster
    • Everyone needs a new hobby
    • Using the probability of randomness to find consistency in life.
    • WHOA, Who made a corwinnn card?
    • Why cards themed after me always seem to be old guys.
    • Make it or Break it... the Weekend Weltanschauungs 
  • @jpastor how much did I miss you by?
  • http://chng.it/Hv8ctYGCkL

This is a link to a petition for the future of Zack Snyder's Justice League. If you do not know the story of Justice League and Zack Snyder's Justice League, I would recommend looking it up for the full story. But in short, Justice League while was okay, Warner Bros lost about $70 million. Warner Bros decided not to go with a  Justice League sequel. Zack Snyder was the original director, but stepped down after the death of his daughter. After the bad reviews Zack Snyder wanted to re-release the movie in how he intended it to be. The new movie (while 4 hours long), had good reviews. But Warner Bros is still not going with future sequels or the future of Zack Snyder's story he had planned. Though Snyder said is busy with other projects, hopefully this petition will result in Snyder and Warner Bros continuing in this promising storyline. If you have not seen Zack Synder's Justice League, I would recommend watching it before you make your decision (provided you've seen Batman v Superman). I fully believe in this story, and know many do as well, and want to see it pan out. Thanks for the time.
  • edited April 2021
    Hello boyos - let's go live for the next trepenations

twitch.tv/cryptocaillou

Things to discuss (quietly):
    • Make it or Break it... the Weekend Weltanschauungs 
  • edited April 2021

Mystery Boxes

Deadline of Variables

(+1 is a coin) (-1 means you need to spend a coin) You can only spend what you've earned. You earn upon completion of your challenge.
    1. Enchantment
    2. ?
    3. Prize 372 - FOE
    4. You may choose the challenge above or below this challenge instead of this challenge. (-1)
    5. Rare
    6. Legendary
    7. Red Bred Red to Red be Red RED Red (+1)
    8. Prize 73 - Duplicate
    9. Prize 347 - 2 songs
    10. Prize 221 - FOC
    11. Has a Quote
    12. Volcanic in name
    13. Variable Colorless Limited by 1 (+1)
    14. Mill
    15. Blue
    16. ?
    17. Instances of two.
    18. Rhino Dynamo (+1)
    19. Watermark
    20. Words in name rhyme.
    21. Prize 263 - Land Pearl
    22. Tri-colored identity
    23. ?
    24. Prize 62 - Tactical Nuke
    25. Odd casting cost (+1)
    26. Prize 253 - 3H + 1F
    27. Castable from graveyard
    28. Pick Challenge (-1)
    29. Pick Prize (-1)
    30. Pick Other (-1)
    @CS101 your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare, blue card.
    • You may choose the challenge above or below this challenge instead of this challenge. (-1)

@ShadowReign your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a tri-colored identity that's Red Bred Red to Red be Red RED Red (+1)
    • 30: You may pick any # with (-1) or (+1). (-1)

@Jadefire your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a Rhinoceros in the artwork that's castable from your graveyard, that benefits you and/or a creature you control and has "rhino" in its flavor text. (+1)
    • 4: You may choose the challenge above or below this challenge instead of this challenge. (-1)

• edited April 2021
    @jpastor If I understand this correctly, I'll pick #4 and choose below, giving me @Jadefire 's Box. Correct?
  • Yes by paying 1 coin

• Yeah, I would spend a coin on my prize, but I need another coin to activate it. I don't have enough do I?
  • Correct - you'd have to spend it on a thing that gives you +1
  • edited April 2021
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare card with Variable Colorless in the casting cost (limited by 1), but that's multicolored with more of one color in the casting cost than the other. (+2)
    • (A card limited by 1 costs 1 more to cast for each target beyond the first.)
    Angel Fire

I might rather enjoy a box that doesn't spontaneously combust!
  • edited April 2021
    Well done! @Corwinnn
  • Hello everyone,

I'm off today until 5PM, so I'm going for an achievement on twitch to broadcast for 8 hours straight!

I'll be live for boxes all day! Drop-in anytime!

twitch.tv/cryptocaillou
  • Today's Mystery Box Cardsmith of the Day is

@Obidiah

Any box opened today by Obidiah will have a prize in it!

Mystery Boxes

@Corwinnn your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare card with mana cost Variable Colorless Limited by 1 (+1)
    • 4: You may choose the mystery challenge in the box above or below your box (-1)
  • can I have a box?
  • @WarriorCatInAhat
    here is your previous, incomplete challenge, unless i'm missing something:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Land.
  • oh yeah I forgot about it
    okay
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a Rhinoceros in the artwork that's castable from your graveyard, that benefits you and/or a creature you control and has "rhino" in its flavor text
    https://www.mtgcardsmith.com/view/rhinostodon

Could I get another box, and some coinage?
  • edited April 2021
    Created for my mystery challenge: Create a rare blue card.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/avid-study

May I have another box?
  • Mystery Boxes

@Jadefire your mystery box contains:
    • 4: You may choose the challenge in the box below this challenge (-1)
    • 30: Pick anything that gives you or costs you a coin (-1 or +1) (-1)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that's 
    • A Mystery Challenge: Red Bred Red to Red be Red RED Red (+1).
    @CS101 your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a tri-colored identity that can be cast from your graveyard and has a rhino in the artwork and "rhino" in its flavor text.
  • Subservience
    Another please!
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monocolored spell with an optional additional cost to cast it that costs mana of a different color.
    Sinister Control
    Another box, please!

• This card was h*ll to make.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/nicol-bolas-the-corruptor?list=user

Transformed.

ERROR: FILE SIZE TO LARGE.

@jpastor I am posting this as an unfinished card. I am just done. This box took alot out of me. Hit me with a box, but I'm not gonna get to it for a little bit.

• edited April 2021
    Made for mystery challenge: Create a card with a tri-colored identity that can be cast from your graveyard and has a rhino in the artwork and "rhino" in its flavor text.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/daia-flamehorn-mother

I'd like a new challenge please!
  • edited April 2021
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare card with mana cost Variable Colorless Limited by 1 (+1)
    Healing Touch

Once more, a soothing box to ease my suffering of not having a box where there should be a box...

@Obidiah - COTD
  • I guess I'd like a box... (However this works.)
  • That's how it works @obidiah! Building your box now!
This discussion has been closed.