Legends Rising

Comments

• @SpellPiper2213 Would you like another pack?
  • So busy with other things right now.  Done with one card for to my Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a black legendary creature with first strike.

• That's perfectly fine @mmm3creator.
  • edited June 2021
    @SpellPiper2213 Your Legends God Pack.
    (We have our first God Pack. Congratulations @SpellPiper2213, you will reap all the benefits.)
    Prize - A favorite on each black card in your last pack.
    Prize - You may have a challenge in this pack become a Nomad Challenge. (The chosen challenge can be completed with another legendary card type.)
    Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature that creates a token with power and toughness 8/8.
    • Create a legendary creature - Hydra that can draw cards.
    • Create a quad-color legendary creature with 4 common abilities. (Haste, trample, vigilance, ect.)

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a legendary creature that can gain multiple abilities.
    • Create a legendary creature with mana value greater than the number of words in it's name, greater than it's power and less than it's toughness.
  • FATAL CHALLENGE - RESULTS

The winner of the Fatal Challenge between @Corwinnn and @Zaheer_The_Grim is . . . . . . . .

@Corwinnn

Congratulations, your 5 points will be added to the Legends Rising Leaderboard.
  • Could I get one of these packs?
  • @LordTachanka123 Your Legends Pack.
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature - Horse.
    • Create a dual-color legendary creature with flying.
    • Create a legendary creature that enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature that searches your library.

Challenge - Myhtic
    • Create a legendary creature with a nickname the same as the name. (The nickname is the name after a comma.)
  • Can I get a pack?
  • @LyndonF Your Legends Pack.
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature with an apocalypse in the artwork.
    • Create a legendary creature that has base power and toughness X/X.
    • Create a colorless legendary creature.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature that can exile itself.

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a mono-color tribal legendary creature that can be regenerated.
  • edited June 2021
    After a lot of thought and effort put into designing it, my legend pack is finally complete:

Uncommon challanges:
    1. legend that's all about surveil
    2. legend that can increase its power
    3. legend with mana value 4

Rare and mythic challanges:
    4. tri-color legend that adds mana
    5. non-human legend wizard that hates on Humans and/or benefits from non-Humans

I'll take any opportunity to use the beautiful Commander Legends set symbol. Also a bit of thought behind every card:
    Hamei is probably my favorite of all of them, the designing was tough, but I eventually landed on something I really like. I think he's not too strong, seeing as surveil is not too prominent, but he can generate some value. I also find the flavor pretty amusing - he comes, he surveils something and when he's done, he gets paid.
    Amirein might not be a great commander, but I wanted to play with another underused mechanic - Riot. Riot already gives you an interesting choice and Amirein even more so -you either get a 3/3 with haste on attacks or a 3/3 with trample that waits a turn. And the most fun thing I find about him is that you can esentially utilise both parts of his ability with some buffs! Also he's amazing with my love Gallia of the Endless Dance
    Vara was really hard (mana value 4 really isn't much of a criteria), but I landed on the idea of a MMNN mana cost and went from there. She ended up being a pretty okay aristocrats commander in my oppinion, also goes really nicely in a Teysa Karlov deck or something like that.
    Sfalea is esentially a play on the card Noble Hierarch, not much to see here, just a quite powerful exalted commander. Also I hope it quallifies as a tri-color creature, if not, forgive me for I am a commander player and care about color identity.
    Mysterus is kinda a combination of Mikaeous, Grumgully and a Jund -1/-1 counter commander I've wanted to see for a long time. I just really want to combine Hapatra and the Scorpion God! Also he's an old grumpy dragon who doesn't like humans sneaking around his wilderness.

I've just realised all of them have flavor texts of their own quotes, how pecualiar. That was not intentional. Anyways, I really enjoyed the challange and will totally take another box!
  • Very good @ThePhantomJoker. I'll get to work on your pack.
  • @ThePhantomJoker Your Legends Pack.
    Prize - You may have a challenge in this pack be completed by yours truly @ShadowReign.
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature that has a second casting cost.
    • Create a legendary creature with a western setting artwork.
    • Create a legendary creature - Turtle.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature that can search your library for a card with a specific name.

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a legendary creature - Elk that can gain life, draw cards, reanimate itself, deal damage, and add mana.
  • gg @Zaheer_The_Grim, I thought you had me on that one!
  • Is an ability a mechanic?

• A mechanic is a card ability that can be used on multiple cards. The word mechanic has no meaning in the Comprehensive Rules, it's merely a design concept.
  • To give you a concept of how impossible that is, Embalm has 29 words.
  • We're talking about your Mythic challenge, correct?
  • Yes, we are. I don't mean to be impolite, but I don't think I can do that.
  • edited June 2021
    @TheDukeOfPork Example:

Perpetual Plague {4}{B}{B} ({4}{B}{B}: Exile this card from your graveyard, then return any number of target creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield with a Plague counter. At the beginning of your next upkeep, exile each creature you control with a Plague counter.)

Challenging, but not impossible.
  • gg, @Corwinnn. (I knew you'd win, you make good quality cards, :smile:)
  • edited June 2021

ANNOUNCEMENT

I will be removing the following prize:
    (Design a challenge that will be in the next pack given.)
    I just can't seem to keep up with it. As a result, I will be replacing all of the removed prizes given. I do apologize for the inconvenience.
    @pstmdrn I have given you a new prize.
    @SpellPiper2213 I have given you a new prize.
    @AboveAndAbout Please refer to your pack for a new challenge.
  • Uncommons
    Cinis Demonic SteedKivel MonstrousHirsse Llanowars Blade
    Rares
    Gond Aerial Bloodsucker
    Mythics
    Halarc Starborne Aven
  • Took a while, but I finished this pack!

40 word mechanic:

Celestial N (When this enters the battlefield as acreature, you may put N star counters on it. When it dies, you may remove them. If you do,return it to the battlefield as an enchantment. If you don't, draw a card.)

Feel free to use it, I might! 

Anyways, I'll have another box pack!
  • edited June 2021
    @TheDukeOfPork You did however forget "card" between "When this" and "enters", but I'm gonna count it because I know what you mean. Working on your new pack now.
  • @TheDukeOfPork Your Legends Pack.
    Prize - You may have a challenge in this pack become a Nomad Challenge. (The chosen challenge can be completed with another legendary card type.)
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a red and white legendary creature.
    • Create a legendary creature that can decrease it's toughness.
    • Create a non-black legendary creature - Nightmare.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature that's all about gaining multiple abilities.

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a legendary creature that can prevent damage and/or reduce damage, but can never deal damage inside or outside of combat.
  • @Void_Retainer Your Legends Pack.
    Prize - You may have a challenge in this pack become a Fatal Challenge.(You and target Cardsmith compete in the chosen challenge. The winner gets an additional 5 points on the Leaderboard.)
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature with Improvise.
    • Create a legendary creature all about Food tokens.
    • Create a tri-color hybrid legendary creature.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a blue and red legendary creature - Zombie.

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a legendary creature that has a custom ability that forces your opponent(s) to make an action chosen at random.
  • First Come, First Serve. Gimme a Legends Pack. (No prize, no points.)
  • @ShadowReign Your Legends Pack.

Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature that creates Assembly-Workers.
    • Create an artifact legendary creature. 
    • Create a legendary creature that's three colors.
    Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature that's a Giant and makes Gold tokens.
    Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a legendary creature that uses phyrexian mana in an activated ability and has a custom mechanic.
This discussion has been closed.