Legends Rising

Comments

• whats the difference?
    will i get a an art card and a card from the list? j/
  • @samconsumespie Pretty much. You can refer to page.6 to see my announcement of the new Set Pack. But that is a very good point, I forgot about the list. Hmmm (ideas flying).
  • i would like a set pack then
  • edited June 2021
    @samconsumespie Your Legends Set Pack.
    Art Card - Use the following artwork to complete a challenge in this pack.

Artwork by Austen Mengler
    Challenge - 
    Uncommon
    • Create a legendary snow creature.
    • Create a legendary creature with snow mana in it's text box.
    • Create a legendary creature that creates a snow token.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature that has the name of another legendary creature you created to complete a challenge in this pack, in it's text box.
  • edited June 2021

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

It has been recently brought to my attention (thank you                  @samconsumespie ), that the Legends Rising Set Pack doesn't contain an important part of a Set Pack: a card from The List. So now, I am updating the contents to as follows:

Legends Draft Pack
    A good chance to contain a prize.
    A rare chance to become a God Pack.
    Uncommon x3
    Rare x1
    Mythic x1

Legends God Pack
    Guaranteed Prize x1
    Guaranteed Challenge Prize x1
    Rare x3
    Mythic x2

Legends Set Pack
    A good chance to contain a prize.
    No chance to become a God Pack.
    Art Card (Artwork that must be used to complete a challenge in the pack.)
    Uncommon x2
    Rare or Mythic x1
    A card from The List x1

Let me get into the details of The List.
    The List Is made up of the cards created to complete a Legends Draft Pack, meaning cards created to complete a Legends Set Pack will not be apart of the The List, though you can recieve a prize to add any legendary creature to The List. You can find The List here: https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/5771/legends-rising-the-list#latest

So, exactly what do you do when you get a card from The List?
    When you get a card from The List, you are to "Create an alternate version of the following legendary creature. (The card you create must have the same/similar name, and the closest artwork you can find.)"

Final statements.
    The changing of the Legends Set Pack, will not however effect the Set Packs as of current. But following this statement, when you ask for a new Set Pack, expect these new changes to take place. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you.
  • Challenge completed
    https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/213857/#Comment_213857

I have some things to do, I will request another pack when I have more time!
  • Nicely done @Corwinnn. Whenever your ready, you will be given a pack.
  • Uncommons
    Jaun Creepwood SnakeLofftor Havoc Horn-BearerRengus of the Setting Sun
    Rares
    Arjang Daymoon
    Draft pack, please!
  • @TheDukeOfPork Your Legends Draft Pack.
    Prize - You may have a challenge in this pack be completed by yours truly, @ShadowReign
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature that's all about instants and sorceries.
    • Create a legendary creature with Shadow.
    • Create a legendary creature - Rooster.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a wubrg legendary creature - Sliver.

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a legendary creature that benefits all creatures, and detriments all of another permanent card type.
  • Yetyaar the Frigid Hunger
    a rare legend that mentions another legend from this pack

Czedred Snow Summoner
    an uncommon legend that makes a snow token
    Larja Starnheim Avenger
    an uncommon snow legend

Sked River Guide
    an uncommon legend with snow mana in its text box

• i would like a draft booster please
  • @samconsumespie Your Legends Draft Pack.
    Prize - A favorite on each green card in your last pack.
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature with Riot.
    • Create a legendary creature without a static ability.
    • Create a legendary creature that's all about First-Strike.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature that's all about Madness.

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a mono-color legendary creature with an ability that effects a second ability, a third ability that effects a fourth ability, with the fourth ability effecting another permanent.
  • I shall require a Draft Pack, por favor!
  • @Corwinnn Your Legends Draft Pack.
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature with Bushido.
    • Create a legendary creature that can reduce it's mana cost.
    • Create a legendary creature - Giant.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a tri-color legendary creature - Zombie that can create a ton of Zombie tokens.

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a dual-color legendary creature that is exchanged control of.
  • @ShadowReign ; Draft Pack please.
  • @pstmdrn Your Legends Draft Pack.
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature with power and toughness 0/0.
    • Create a legendary creature that can reduce other creatures power.
    • Create a red and colorless legendary creature.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature - Dragon with two activated abilities.

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a legendary creature that effects cards in your library and graveyard, separately.
  • I've put this one off for a while, but here it finally is, the GOD PACK
    Rare challenges:
    1. legend with two custom abilities
    2. legend that enters with counters that affect its P/T
    3. four-color legend with only generic or hybrid mana in the cost

Mythic Challanges:
    4. legend with a custom version of trample except for blocking and a custom version of storm that cares about your opponent's spells
    5. mono-color legend with a single static ability and a single triggered ability that takes up the rest of the text box

Firstly, I am super proud about this pack, I think it's the one I'm most happy with so far. I'd love to build a commander deck with every single one of these and I might really do it in the future, who knows. And as always, let's talk about each one for a bit:
    Gobehar is finally something huge (all of my other guys have a cmc 5 or less) and he loves it. When you get him out, he's already scary and each hit wil reduce your opponent's hand size semi-permanently. And if someone gets rid of him or you mill him, he's still useful. Recycle is an ability I've already explored quite a bit (you can see on my profile), oblivion counters are new, but it's an idea I've played with for a while.
    Carserax - I'm surprised there isn't a modular hydra already, those mechanics go so well together, but now it is. It's a simple design, taking the lead for a modular tribal deck from Zabaz, the Glimmerwasp. I'm not sure if he's overpowered, but he's deffinitely strong.
    Athra - I love Atraxa and four-color, so when this challange came around, it was very clear to me. I'm very pleased with the idea of the hybrid mana symbol in the middle. Her ability is also pretty interesting in my eyes and by the way makes her a great commander for a weird strategy - keyword counters x proliferate. If you proliferate say a trample counter, it's pretty useless, but Athra can just give it to something else!
    Sheol is a cool spellswinging angel. He's happy as long as your opponents don't do anything stupid and keeps them in check. Who's gonna go and have an explosive turn when you have mana open with him in play? He may be a bit oppressive and/or broken, but I like the design. Counter strike also feels like something that could be in the game, but it might be too passive. Just a side note: storm already works on your opponent's spells, it says "copy it for each spell cast before it this turn" regardless of whose spell it is.
    Maesir is an attempt at an interesting mono-white commander, taking inspiration from Omnath, Locus of Creation and Zaffai, Thunder Conductor. The funny story about him is that I first forgot it's supposed to be a mono-color card, so I created this guy, who I'm also extremely proud of, but he sadly does not qualify for the challange:

I just really want a Saga commander!

Anyways, I'll take another Draft Pack, this is super fun to do and I sometimes surprise even myself with what I come up with.
  • And as always, @ThePhantomJoker you make such good stuff. Working on your pack, now.
  • @ThePhantomJoker Your Legends God Pack. (Inconceivable, you got two God Packs in a row.)
    Prize - Two favorites of my choice.
    Challenge Prize - You may have a challenge in this pack become a Fatal Challenge. (You and target Cardsmith compete in the chosen challenge. The winner gets an additional 5 points on the leaderboard.)
    Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature that draws equal to something.
    • Create a legendary creature that can create copies of itself.
    • Create a legendary creature with mana value equal to the number of it's abilities.

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a legendary creature with an ability that can effect multiple different targets you don't own.
    • Create a green and blue legendary creature - Eldrazi, that has two enter the battlefield effects.
  • I'd like the "Create a legendary creature that can create copies of itself" challange to become a Fatal Challange and I challange anybody who wants to take me on. My pick would probably be @TheDukeOfPork or @Corwinnn, but I leave it up to you guys.
  • @ThePhantomJoker - If @TheDukeOfPork does not accept your challenge in the next 10 hours, then I will gladly create a card with which to battle you!
  • can i take one
  • Sure @Titanium000 , would you like a Draft Pack or a Set Pack?
  • @Titanium000 Your Legends Draft Pack.
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature with a single ability.
    • Create a legendary creature that can change something about itself.
    • Create a legendary creature - Orc.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature that destroys something upon entering the battlefield.

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a WUBRG legendary creature - Elder Dragon that has a total of six abilities.
  • edited June 2021
    @ShadowReign ok i have a couple questions because im still new to this community forum thing.
    am i able to use a card i alr made
    am i able to make a card based off of something like marvel or the walking dead or something
    and how do i post the card on here
    oh yea i forgot and what this whole point system or whatever i cant find nothing on it whats the deal?
  • edited June 2021
    Most challenges/contests (including this one) requires you to make a new card.
    You can make the card however you want. I would prefer a custom character, with artwork, but don't let me stand in your way of expressing yourself.
    When you submit a card to complete a challenge, you must post it in this forum.
    You don't have to make the card using MTG Cardsmith, for instance @ThePhantomJoker uses MTG Design.
    Just have fun, and follow the rules of the challenge and the discussion. If you have any other questions, just ask, and either I, or another Cardsmith will answer it.
  • Ok thx you this seems fun
  • also your probably tired of me by now but whens the deadline? 
This discussion has been closed.