Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @Zaheer_The_Grim your yummy food mystery box contains:
    • Prize 463 [NEW!] - A Red Coin: Please flip the coin (call heads or tails)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that allows you to control target player.
    @ShadowReign your Genie mystery box contains:
    • Prize 232 [NEW!] - Gifts: You may have jpastor favorite two cards created by another cardsmith.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Using this artwork by Dao Trong Le,Fabled Poro, create a creature that ignores a basic rule. Then create any other card using the same artwork, but zooming in or cropping the original image.

• @jpastor Could I get a reshuffle por favor?
  • edited July 2021
    @ShadowReign
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-black creature with more flavor text than rules text.
  • edited July 2021

Time to go Live

because it's ALIVE!

Things to discuss:
    1. New Modes
    2. New Saga - Spellwebs?!
    3. What's your favorite beverage?
    4. What's your favorite type of firecracker?
    Prize giveaways tonight are:

• Secret reveals of prize numbers every 30 minutes to all viewers!
    • Every hour - 1 viewer receives a prize chosen at random from amongst the secretly revealed prizes
    twitch.tv/cryptocaillou
  • Since the artwork challenge has already been taken, I'll activate another challenge:
    Prize 177 - Orb with a Funny Shape: Planeswalker
    I'll also activate Prize 371 - Favorites for myself in preparation for my next submission.
  • edited July 2021

4th of July Special Announcement

The following cardsmiths have a returning user bonus in favorites. These favorites have been replaced with mystery prizes.

Upon requesting a mystery box, these cardsmiths will receive the corresponding quantity of mystery prizes upon their return to the discussion instead of favorites!

@Abu_Jafar 2
    @agar 2
    @Aggroman15 6
    @AlexWright 3
    @ArinSka 3
    @Aryanf 2
    @AxNoodle 6
    @baryonyx69 3
    @Battlesocke 10
    @bigbadbooknerd 1
    @bnew07 11
    @brcien 2
    @bubbasnickey 7
    @cadstar369 3
    @CastorCrozz 2
    @ChoyBoi 3
    @Dechujoh64 9
    @Derfaulehelmut 1
    @Dizzydude 9
    @DrakeGladis 1
    @East2West 1
    @EnvyReaper 2
    @Faiths_Guide 10
    @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos 5
    @Fantastickill7 5
    @fire12 4
    @FizzyGig 4
    @Fromnono 4
    @Gelectrode 5
    @HergusBergus 5
    @HeroKP 3

@Ilmarinen 2
    @IronCrusher 12
    @Je_suis_Oluwa 5
    @JoeMoose 15
    @KorandAngels 2
    @LordTachanka123 1
    @LyndonF 2
    @MonkeyPirate2002 5
    @mtgbanjoman 13
    @notmyprimespeaker 7
    @pakashara 13
    @pjbear2005 9
    @Potato13 8
    @Queen-Succubus 2
    @RandomFandom 3
    @saveria201 2
    @Scaccogaming 8
    @Scott_Anderson 2
    @shadow123 14
    @sorinjace 14
    SpiritDragon 2
    @spookoops 5
    @TenebrisNemo 6
    @TheExiledKnight 1
    @Thundertides 2
    @TigerFang8 2
    @Tommia 3
    @Undead 2
    @Zah_the_prevailer 1
    @zizick123 2
  • @jpastor what does the nuke on my pack mean?
  • It means @Titanium000 that all of the cards submitted in the active deadline have been destroyed and won't be judged.

It was not that many cards.
  • sweet thx also here is my card :)

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/shaman-of-the-bones-1

here is my card for a creature that gives +1/+1 to other creatures i control.
  • Nice @Titanium000
    When you'd like your next mystery box, let me know!
  • Happy 4th everyone. Anyone who asks for a mystery box today gets 4 mystery prizes!

• oh yea mb i forgot to add that in their ill like another por favor
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-black creature with more flavor text than rules text.

A simple design that I am quite happy with.
    Another box please. (Or is the carnival still going?)
  • Carnival just ended, but @Corwinnn won and selected the next mode: 2 Guitars
  • ill like my mystery box por favor unless it over or sum
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create an artifact that searches your library.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/spellshapers-matrix

Could I get another box?
    I have Prize 269 - Ace of Hearts activated from before and I'll activate the following prizes:
    Prize 4 - Orb of Power: P/T will be -1/1
    Prize 272 - Element 115
    Prize 284 - Song Negotiations: 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite, Falco - Rock Me Amadeus, Lisa Loeb - I Do, Oasis - Champagne Supernova, Tom Cochrane - Life is a Highway
    Prize 343 - Challenge (Answer That!)
  • edited July 2021

Mystery Boxes

2 Guitars (Duels)

Players duel by giving each other a song to listen to and then creating a card themed after the song they get. All songs are added to the spotify playlist.

@Titanium000 your mystery box contains 4th of July prizes and more:
    • Prize 42 [NEW!] - A Waffle Nuclear Explosion Falling GIF Destroy all entries this deadline (including yours) 
    • Prize 446 [NEW!] - Hugs: 2 favorites donated by jpastor to the cardsmith of your choice + 1 favorite for you of your choice
    • Prize 369 [NEW!] - Favorite: On your most recently created card other than your entry. (done!)
    • Prize 457 [NEW!] Triple Dipped Ice Cream Cone: You get 2 additional mystery challenges in your mystery box (complete all before requesting a new mystery box.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: You are in a duel vs ShadowReign
      You must give your opponent a song to listen to. You must then create a card you feel represents the song. (Both songs will be added to the Mystery Box Spotify playlist.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare, non-Legendary creature with the name of a plane in its name and power/toughness 1/1.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that's the best possible response (if you were in a magic match) to Spellshaper's Matrix (See above).
    @ShadowReign your mystery box contains your 4th of July prizes and:
    • Prize 453 [NEW!] - Hugs: 2 faves donated to the cardsmith of your choice + 3 favorites for you of your choice.
    • Prize 267 [NEW!] - Art Exchange (Moshpit) [Overridden by Adventure mode below]
    • Prize 455 [NEW!] - Hugs: 1 hug + 2 faves of your choice for you
    • Prize 349 [NEW!] - Playlist Adds: You may add 4 songs to the spotify playlist.
    • A Mystery Challenge: You are in a duel vs Titanium000
      You must give your opponent a song to listen to. You must then create a card you feel represents the song. (Both songs will be added to the Mystery Box Spotify playlist.)
    @Jadefire your mystery box contains 4th of July prizes and:
    • Prize 154 [NEW!] - Prizes Everywhere!: Whenever a prize is opened this deadline following this post, a second prize will be revealed. Players must choose between the two.
    • Prize 432 [NEW!] - 3D Goggles
    • Prize 283 [NEW!] - Adventure (Mode) [Activates next - This overrides Art Exchange]
    • Prize 472 [NEW!] - Mode Negotiations: Pick 2 modes, I will select 1 randomly to be our next mode (this overrides the Adventure Mode and activates next instead) ][Overridden by XplainYoself in jpastor's box]
    • A Mystery Challenge: You are in a duel vs jpastor
    @jpastor ;your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 435 - Xplain Yoself (Deadline) [Activates Next!]
    • Prize 146 - Build-a-Box (Draft) [Activates next]
    • Prize 398 - Mode Negotiations: Pick 2 and 1 randomly selected [Activates Next]
    • Prize 407 - Song Negotiations: Pick 4 and 1 gets added.\
    • A Mystery Challenge: You are in a duel vs jadefire
  • Mode Negotiations:
    1. Moshpit
    2. Casual
    Coin flip lands on Moshpit [Activates next!]
  • @Jadefire here is your song:

• ok i have a couple of questions but bare with me does the language of the song matter? also what the heck is prize 42 do like does it have any importance and in the duel with my fellow cardsmith is there a winner of the card or a prize or just nothing?
  • @jpastor good choice, not an easy song to design around.  Here's yours:

• @Titanium000 any language is fine
    And prize 42 is the  biggest explosion of all the explosions. It wiped the slate clean so only entries beyond this point will be judged at the end of the deadline.
  • How do 3D Goggles work?  It's a new prize so I can't find a previous description for it.
  • A Question: What is a hug?
  • edited July 2021
    ok thx also i forgot to add this but prize 446 do you want me to tell you what cards now or after i finish my cards for this duel also you forgot to dsay anything about the duel thing i mention is there a prize like an actual duel or is it just nothing but fun?
  • @ShadowReign here is your song enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glEiPXAYE-U 

you may also want to watch a lyric version of it because there is stops in the video for story or sum.

• edited July 2021
    @jpastor There are so many prizes flying around, so I'm gonna let you decide all my prizes for this one.
  • Lots going on - I'm going live to help answer any questions - but will post here along the way!

twitch.tv/cryptocaillou

This discussion has been closed.