Spellwebs

edited July 2021 in Sagas
This is endless and always ongoing. So, feel free to jump in at anytime.

The Premise
  • You are a common creature of any subtype(s) of your choice.
     Create and post that creature card to enter this Saga!
  • Your creature is roaming a plane with no name in a more or less open world fashion.
  • Your common creature starts at level 1, but can level up to level 100 over time.
  • Level up by completing challenges. Submit an appropriate card to complete a challenge.
  • When you level up, you receive a Spellweb: A web of items that consist of prizes, upgrades for your character, challenge options, and other things of various rarities that help you to feel like you're in an rpg, open world construct.
  • Your Spellweb becomes larger and more intricate with each level up.
  • The way a spellweb works is that you have a limited number of choices, and one choice can lead to another choice... you are allowed only a certain number of choices each spellweb and must select carefully.
  • Each player is actively trying to reach level 100 - Planeswalker status.
  • Side note: Certain items on your spellweb will go hand-in-hand with your creature card that you made and thus may only be available for you!
Along your journey:
  • Your character will traverse through a mysterious plane with no name. It's vast and full of surprises. 
  • Anything is possible in this saga and on this plane, as it will depend on your spellweb, the choices you make, and the challenges you complete.
  • You might battle other cardsmiths, ally with them, or trade with them.
  • You may encounter obstacles that setback your progress or even advance it.
  • Your actions could impact others.
Death to Your Character or Setbacks
  • Your character is capable of dying, falling ill, being imprisoned, lost, or any number of other setbacks. In the event that your character dies, there are a few things that can save your character. If none of those things are available, your character dies and you must start over. When you start over you create a whole new character.
Multiple Characters
  • If you would like to save your progress on your character, take a break, and start a new character for a bit... you can do so. 
  • You are allowed two active characters, but in order to switch back and forth, you have to have the proper items stored and ready to use.
  • Additionally it is very easy to sabotage your character so that it inevitably dies or worse, if you've just had it and need to start fresh.
The Process
  • Once you submit your starting character, you'll begin your journey! From that point on, your spellweb gives you access to the choices you can make.
The Rule of Thumb
  • This saga is for fun. Please remember this as you participate.
  • Have fun and don't forget that you can always take breaks and work on this slowly.
The Live Stream
  • I'll often be live on twitch for open discussion, special events, giveaways, and insiders information to your questions and comments throughout the journey. When I go live, I'll announce on here and do everything I can to help you have fun on your journey!
Participation
  • Entries you post, prizes you earn, level ups, and a few other things all earn you stats on the Mystery Box Leaderboards as this is the Saga version of the Mystery Box Challenges.
The Spellweb

twitch.tv/cryptocaillou

Comments

• I picked today to debut this, because I'll be live on twitch all day to discuss and get r' going.

twitch.tv/cryptocaillou
  • Does the creature need to be new, or can we start with something that we've made before that feels good for this?
  • Anything you want @Ranshi
  • @jpastor So I assume the creature submissions are at common rarity first right?
  • @jpastor You handsome/beautiful devil. I have been waiting for a new saga for ages. My only wish is that you don't abandon this, with that out of the way, I'm in.

• Here is my entry.
  • @Tonysparks
    As I said above - this is endless and always ongoing. I anticipate people will work on this slowly and as a side project for a lengthy amount of time. Please allow me a few sparing hours to get caught up on some things and then I'll get you going!
  • Cool dude, just happy to see this forum not dying.
  • edited July 2021
    @Tonysparks

Here is your level 1 Spellweb

You have 6 choices, but can only select 4. Since this is your first time, you'll see colors and numbers. Colors are simply categories and rarities. Both of which are up to you to discover what they correspond to. However, numbers are for the purpose of selection order. For example, you see that BROWN (2)? It cannot be selected unless you select the GREEN (1) connected to it via a line. Likewise, the PINK (2) can only be chosen if you select either the Green (1) connected to it or the PURPLE (1). 

The general rule of thumb is, you must select in order: 1-2-3-4-etc. Higher numbers will always be strung together in order. In order to reach the higher numbers, you must connect the dots in numerical order to get there!

Please let me know if you have any questions! I await your 4 choices!
  • edited July 2021
    Ok, I'll go 1 (l.blue), 1 (purple), and then 1(green) to 2(pink)
  • Tell me if I did anything wrong
  • @Tonysparks your ogre begins its journey by falling out of a tree and belly flopping onto the ground below. *SMACK* "OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" The ogre rubs its head in confusion. Rolling over onto its back, it stares up at the tree from which it came. It scratches its belly, then sits up. *WHACK* It bumps its head as it sits up! "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." The ogre sits up slowly this time, moving the limb out of the way. As it stands up, it gazes around at the surrounding shrubbery. Looks like there are two paths... one leading to a lighter area, and one leading to a similarly lit area to where you are. Which will you take?

• @Castiel_Demiurge

Here is your level 1 spellweb!

You have 6 choices, but can only select 4. Since this is your first time, you'll see colors and numbers. Colors are simply categories and rarities. Both of which are up to you to discover what they correspond to. However, numbers are for the purpose of selection order. For example, in order to choose the only 2 on your spellweb, you must also choose one of the (1)'s that's connected to it.

• @AboveAndAbout
    your level 1 spellweb!

You have 6 choices, but can only select 4. Since this is your first time, you'll see colors and numbers. Colors are simply categories and rarities. Both of which are up to you to discover what they correspond to. However, numbers are for the purpose of selection order. For example, in order to choose the a 2 on your spellweb, you must also choose one of the (1)'s that's connected to it.
  • @Jadefire - your spellweb for level 1

You have 6 choices, but can only select 4. Since this is your first time, you'll see colors and numbers. Colors are simply categories and rarities. Both of which are up to you to discover what they correspond to. However, numbers are for the purpose of selection order. For example, in order to choose the a 2 on your spellweb, you must also choose one of the (1)'s that's connected to it. In order to choose the (3), you must choose the (2) connected to it.
  • I'll take Green 1, Pink 2, Red 3, Purple 1.
  • edited July 2021
    @jpastor

Okay, so I shall choose 1 purple, 1 deep blue, 1 gray, and 2 green? 
  • All-day gaming + Live Mystery Boxes, Spellwebs, and Team Deathmatch coverage + prize giveaways every 30 minutes = starts now!

Join this stream to automatically receive your choice of prize from amongst 3 random picks.

Things to discuss today:
    • All the above
    • Pizza
    • Ordering wings (later)
    • Spellwebs creation zone! (This'll be fun)
    • Where's the best place to stargaze?
    • Incoming - The Mystery Box Tournament
    • NHL off-season
    • What's the coolest place you've ever been?
    • This crazy dream I had (Sci-Fi)
    • Do you have any pets & what's the craziest creature you wish you had as a pet?

twitch.tv/cryptocaillou

• I'll choose every blue one, and leave out the two purple 1s. So, Blue 1, Light Blue 1, Dark Blue 2, Dark Blue 2.
  • @Jadefire your monkey awakes in a cave. Must be nice to have found shelter overnight high above a dense jungle. The monkey walks out and stands near a ledge overlooking the jungle below. Weary of all the dangers it holds, the monkey knows if it stays in the treetops and swings its way through, all will be safer. Time to hop down the ledge and go find some breakfast. Along the way down, the monkey spots something shiny in the rock face. Clinging to some vines, he navigates the rockwall over to it... It's a Gold Pearl 
    (You're mythic rare gold cards that I like will be favorited.)

Continuing down all the way, the monkey stares at the steep drop-off below him... then looks at the nearest treetop to him! After contemplating the choices, the monkey makes a leap for a branch! Flying monkey! Create a card that gives a creature flying -or- create a non-flying creature that can gain flying! A long leap successfully landed! Seems like the monkey has discovered its first perk! Leap of Faith: This creature is capable of leaping great distances through the air. Dangerous decisions you make have a significantly lower probability of resulting in injury! Atop the tree, your monkey finds no food, but looks around at the surrounding trees. In the distance it spots some bananas. Onward he swings to the top of that tree and grabs a yummy first meal of the day!

• @pstmdrn
    your level 1 spellweb

You have 6 choices, but can only select 4. Since this is your first time, you'll see colors and numbers. Colors are simply categories and rarities. Both of which are up to you to discover what they correspond to. However, numbers are for the purpose of selection order. For example, in order to choose a (2) on your spellweb, you must also choose the (1) connected to it.
  • Gray 1, White(Yellow?) 2, White(Yellow?) 1, Blue 2
  • edited July 2021
    @jpastor Unable to count how many paths they're in his fingers, he plays mini mini miny mi...or was it mini mini miny moe? It doesn't matter to him as in the end he goes the second path.

(Used a 1d2 dice roll)
  • @Castiel_Demiurge
    your Human is in the middle of a fierce day of work, when she's just had it! She throws down her tools and runs across the field toward the cedar pine forest. Create a spell that untaps target creature and gives it a custom ability until end of turn.

Entering the forest with tears streaming down her cheeks, she comes to a stop, panting for breath! She find the well-trodden path that leads to the river. When she reaches the river, she takes a few sips of water and washes the dried tear streaks from her face. From here, she is confused as to what she should do. Some stepping stones that cross the river and lead to a path that she's been told eventually takes you to a city, but she's never gone there before. She paces around to make her decision. She sits down on the boulder she and her friends used to play on when they were younger. Reminiscing on the drawings and writings they once made. Among them, the wish counter! "10 Wishes - 1 Comes True" - enscripted on the boulder. Should she Take the path? or Go Back to the Fields?

You may pick 10 mystery box prize #'s - you'll get 1 of them chosen at random!
  • edited July 2021
    @pstmdrn
    This old man awakes from his mid-afternoon slumber in his modest wood-framed home. No bigger than a studio apartment, it boasts a small place to squat, a fireplace, and a bedspace. Though there is room for his bookcase in the corner, there's not much else in here. Create a card that has a bookcase in the artwork. 

Limping over to his bookcase, he put the book he'd read the night before back in the shelf, and grabs the next one over... Dust piles scatter to the floor as he slides the book out. This one titled Grab Life by the Horns. He chuckles and limps over to his small table near the furnace. He opens the book and gently flips the pages. Many languages on each page, this book appears to be more of an encyclopedia of sorts. He recognizes one language, though not his forte, and reads aloud slowly as he translates. "The... night... was... young... the moon was... red... the... man was... sick." He stops reading and remarks to himself, "How disheartening." 

He closes the book and gets up to head over to the small storage box, where he keeps his food. "Oh dear!" He picks up the last package of sardines, but it's empty. The man grabs his white cloak and heads outside. It's a scorcher outside. Quite hot. He has three options: 
    • Go to the market to get more food. (The path is unshaded.)
    • Head to the water well to grab some water. (The path is partially unshaded.)
    • Head to local pub. (The path is completely shaded.)
This discussion has been closed.