The Phantom Emporium

Welcome to The Phantom Emporium!

This is the place, where you can spend your phantom coins, which you earn for winning my contests. I will keep track of everyone's wallets, so if at any point you want to know how many coins you have, just ask me. When you want to buy something from the Emporium, send me a PM or write here.

Price list:
  • 1 phantom coin - A little star (a favorite on one of your cards you've created of your own choosing)
  • 1 phantom coin - Short Feedback (short constructive feedback in the comments on one card you've created of your own choosing)
  • 3 phantom coins - A little constellation (a favorite on four cards you've created of your own choosing)
  • 3 phantom coins A new admirer (a follow; only if one of my accounts already doesn't follow you)
  • 4 phantom coins - Phantom's Feedback (deep constructive feedback on one card you've created of your own choosing; you will recieve the feedback in a PM and may choose to get it in a comment on the card as well)
  • 5 phantom coins - Card of the Champion (a card made in your honor inspired by one of my contest where you got to the top three; you can choose the contest or the general theme of the card)
  • 5 phantom coins - Phantom's Help (my constructive help over PMs with designing a card - might be for a contest or just a card of yours; help includes finding art, correcting wording and text formating, discussing power level, etc)
If you come up with anything to add to the price list, let me know! I myself might come up with a few new ideas from time to time, so the list is likely to change from time to time in the future.

Thanks for your visit and I hope you come again soon!

Comments

• Nice Store!
  • For anyone interested, this is what the Wallet currently looks like:

@Void_Retainer 5 coins
    @Jadefire 1 coin
    @BT9154 2 coins
    @pstmdrn 9 coins
    @AboveAndAbout 4 coins
    @feralitator 3 coins
    @Temurzoa 4 coins
    @Corwinnn 2 coins
    @ShadowReign 4 coins
    @samconsumespie 2 coins
  • @ThePhantomJoker I just got it yet I'm already spending it, I'll purchase Phantom's Feedback, I'll PM you right now.
  • edited July 2021
    @ThePhantomJoker I would like support on how to word an existing card better, or if there is even a better way to word it at all.  Would that be more of a 1 coin Short Feedback or 4 coin Phantom's Feedback?

Thanks
  • @pstmdrn If it's only about wording, the Short Feedback works just fine
  • I would like to spend 1 coin on help with the wording on this card. The ability is strange because it had to fit the guidelines of contest, but it is not that weird of a ability. I feel it can be smoothed out, but we'll see.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/heralds-of-the-new-world

• @pstmdrn Okay, so the way I see this could work would be:

When Heralds of the New World enters the battlefield, for each non-white color, exile up to one target creature or target card from a graveyard of that color. Create a 3/3 white Angel creature token with flying for each card exiled this way.

Some basic notes:
    - Angel in the text should be capitalized
    - "Put a token into play" is an outdated wording, the new version is "Create a token"
    - In the last part, there's no need to differentiate between creature and card - both of them are cards

Another way that you could go about it (if you wanted to list the colors) is this:

When Heralds of the New World enters the battlefield, exile up to one target blue creature or target blue card from a graveyard. If you do, create a 3/3 white Aglel creature token with flying. Repeat this process for black, red and green.

But the first version is much nicer in my oppinion, I just wanted to try out something else.

Also just to give a tiny bit of feedback: This card is six-mana "exile four" and you get five 3/3 Angels in the air (15/15 total stats) which is totally bonkers but also kinda hard to achieve. You COULD theoretically play this in a five-color deck and exile five cards from your own graveyard pretty consistently though. If you want to use it offensively, in a 1v1 match you would maybe get three Angles (counting the card itself, so two tokens and two exiles), a multiplayer game could get you all the way up to four or five. If everyone is playing mono-white, this is just a flying 3/3 for six, but that would be really weird.
    All in all, I think the card is pretty pushed and could probably recieve some for of a drawback (like giving the cards back if the coresponding Angel token leaves play or giving the owners life or something). But the concept and execution are really amazing (I love the art and flavor text as well).

What is the difference between short and long feedback you might be asking now? I have no idea, I always get really into it and write like a madman. Hope you enjoy.
  • Can I rob the Phantomâ„¢ bank?  >:)
  • @FORFUN The bank is concealed in a pocket dimension accesable only by a very specific and difficult spell to guarantee our customers' safety. Good luck.
  • This is a pretty cool idea lol
  • how do we earn coins again? @ThePhantomJoker
    thanks!
  • @ThePhantomJoker, don't worry.  I have experience with such things.
  • Open Sesame!

How in the world did that not work?
  • @jpastor You can get the coins in certain contests run by me, which there are currently none of. However, whenever I start a new one, it will be written in the Emporium.

@FORFUN Huh, that's weird. Maybe you pronounced it wrong?
This discussion has been closed.