Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• I'll get on that card shortly!
  • Personal Daily Gambit: 3-steps to stopping the zombie apocalypse.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/concerted-subdual

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/revealed-nature

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/alert-the-authorities

Was there supposed to be a guaranteed prize with my last mystery box?  I activated Prize 269 for this card https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/saripon-maw-of-the-murk
  • edited July 2021
    yes @Jadefire - my bad
  • edited July 2021
    @Jadefire
    Prize 160 - Blue PearlUp to 5 mythic blue rares in your collection have been given a favorite!
  • @Aggroman15 your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with three activated abilities, each with a different activation cost.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a non-Legendary Devil creature card.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/irrepressible-scamp

Could I get another box?
  • @Jadefire your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 464 [NEW!] - A Bag Full of All Kinds of Grenades: Steal 1 Entry. Destroy 1 entry, exchange control of 2 entries.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare monoblack sorcery that's card text starts with "Choose a creature type."
  • edited July 2021

Another pwease.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with three activated abilities, each with a different activation cost.

The Great Krasis

Here you go! This guy takes a while to build up to, but soon enough he'll be a 6/6 flier tapping your opponent's stuff and making your stuff bigger! Just better hope they don't have a bolt...

Another box, please!
  • edited July 2021

The following deadline modifier has been activated by @Tonysparks

Xplain Yoself

(While active, players who explain their entry in detail will guarantee a prize in their next mystery box. The details within their explanation can include their choice of artwork, mana cost, power/toughness, abilities, flavor text, etc.)

@FORFUN your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 288 - Art Exchange (Duels): You may activate this duel mode. If you do, each cardsmith will provide the artwork for their opponent's card for the mystery challenges you and aggroman have received. Or this can activate in the next batch of boxes.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that gains you life for each [blank].
    @Aggroman15 your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 218 [NEW!] - Stun Grenade: Target a cardsmith. If they win this deadline, you get the winning prizes, other than deadline points, instead of them.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a permanent that enters the battlefield and makes you choose a creature type when it does (for an ability.)
  • Okay, I guess if I can I'll activate the deul.
  • @Aggroman15, provide @FORFUN with the artwork for their Mystery challenge and they will provide you with yours!

• @Aggroman15, here you go.

Artist: Irulana
  • I'll go to the cave. For reference, it's on page 216.
  • I was awaiting your decision @AboveAndAbout

You crawl into the cave, marked "HELLHOLE." 

It's just a tight squeeze, but nothing scary.. your friend reassures you.

Create a card with 'claustrophobic' in the card name, card text, or flavor text.
  • Merilliza Chan - Air Awakens

@FORFUN Here's your art! The artist is Merilliza Chan.
  • edited July 2021
    The duel is on! Have fun @Aggroman15 and @FORFUN

• When the duels over, another!
  • @KorandAngels loses the flip for the Blue Coin

destroying all mono-blue entries

Concerted Subdual by @Jadefire
    Delaying Aura by @Abu_Jafar

• edited July 2021
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a permanent that enters the battlefield and makes you choose a creature type when it does (for an ability.)

Regal Diplomat

Another box, please!

• edited July 2021
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare monoblack sorcery that's card text starts with "Choose a creature type."
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/belligerent-uprising

For this challenge, I wanted to make an effect that was tribally beneficial for black rather than take the obvious route of doing a creature type genocide effect (e.g., Perish, Engineered Plague, Witch's Vengeance).  The idea of banding together to be on the other side of the slaughter seemed like an appropriate black effect.  Belligerent Uprising was chosen as the name because the thesaurus says it's semantically similar to Martial Coup, what was already taken.  The art was also supposed to evoke Martial Coup, I wanted a picture of a big group ganging up on a smaller group or an individual.  Once the idea of a coup or revolt was established, it just made sense to add the monarch mechanic to signify a change in power.  Monarch also works well with the board disparity that this card creates.  I also purposefully kept the cost to a single black mana so that it would be splashable into other tribal decks.

Could I get another box?

• @FORFUN (Rank 39)
    vs 
    @Aggroman15 (Rank 40)

@FORFUN
    defeats 
    @Aggroman15

Rating Changes
    @FORFUN (1698) --> 1805
    @Aggroman (2067) --> 1960

Mystery Boxes

Xplain Yoself (Deadline modification still active)

(While active, players who explain their entry in detail will guarantee a prize in their next mystery box. The details within their explanation can include their choice of artwork, mana cost, power/toughness, abilities, flavor text, etc.)

@FORFUN your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 50 [NEW!] - Favorites: X favorites, where X = the # of newly discovered prizes this deadline. (X = 2 favorites of your choice)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a red/white hybrid-colored instant spell.
    @Aggroman15 your mystery box contains:
    • [Returning User Bonus] = 6 prizes
    • Prize 127 [NEW!] - A Jumbled Message: Please reorder the following sentence correctly to avoid severe consequences. [lands] [will] [artifacts] [enchantments] [the] [and] [destroying] [erupt] [all] [supervolcano]
    • Prize 212 [NEW!] - Bundle of 4 Challenges
    • Prize 245 - Tactical Nuke: You may destroy all entries created by other cardsmiths.
    • Prize 66 [NEW!] - Dust: You may make the next batch of boxes a prizeless batch.
    • Prize 336 - Dueling Helmet: You may challenge to cardsmiths to duels.
    • Prize 85 [NEW!] - Diffuse Codes: For the remainder of this deadline, you may prevent 1 bomb from exploding.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that can't attack or block alone.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-black kill spell that targets a nonblack creature.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Human creature that can draw cards.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an artifact that adds Blue.
    @Jadefire your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 108 - Stardust: You may guarantee a prize in the next box for another target cardsmith.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monoblue Ninja creature card.

• Wow, that's a lot of stuff

So, for the bundle of 4 challenges, which one do I do? Do I just pick my favorite?
  • @Aggroman15
    you can do as many as you'd like over time.
  • Hello - the deadline will arrive upon the emergence of page 220.
  • When do you reckon that will be?
  • edited August 2021

If my calculations are correct...

• edited August 2021

Right about...

This discussion has been closed.