Stitia - Chapter Two: Eternal Night (Now Closed For New Characters Except to Returning Players)

Comments

• edited July 2021
    @IzItTru It would take more power than you can do naturally, therefore, a challenge would be in place. However, if you succeed, it'll be possible 
  • @IzItTru Cthylla thinks for a moment. "...the simplest option would be for me to simply fly us over the wall, but I feel like that would make out whole plan fall apart. If someone could give us an opening, though... we could do it."
  • @FourEyesIsAFish “hmmm... I could summon something to be a distraction, could be the opening we need.”
  • Hello everyone...

As of lately, I've been having a hard time with my schedule and my emotions, and have just been lacking motivation in general. Despite my efforts to set aside time to work on this, it just hasn't been working out. While I plan on getting things finished up at some point, right now I'm barely accomplishing anything trying to work on this. I'm sorry for the delay, and I hope to get things up to speed soon.
  • (Putting these here as a reminder of your last prompt and your response for reference:
    https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/215272/#Comment_215272
    https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/215279/#Comment_215279

@Aggroman15 The man accepts your handshake, and introduces himself. He’s Kelzwik, a sellsword from southern Duskhome on a mission in Faeshire. He’s been sent out by a client there to investigate the disappearance of the client’s spouse, a purple and silver wolfkin named Lysa. If he can’t get there soon, he risks not being able to find her.

With the two of you teamed up, it’s time to dig to the bottom of this. As you get on the Dream Catcher with the gentleman, you’re welcomed to the same kind of splendor as before; you aren’t sure if the on-board hot spring was here before, but at least it will serve as a good place to relax as you unpack all this. Things are playing out just like before, minus a couple things changing due to the presence of the hot spring. You’re served the same dinner, but now that it’s night, the deck is nearly empty, making great room for you and Kelzwik to investigate.

There are three suspicious areas you could investigate now that you’ve broken free from the apparent charming effects of riding the ship. They are as follows:
    • The Bar: Nina seems a bit too cheerful when she's swamped by customers, serving over two thirds of the passengers by herself! She's extremely fast, supernaturally so, and customers seem like they might almost be addicted to her drinks…
    • The Cleaners: Their cleaning routine seems almost like a hypnotizing dance as they sing a mesmerizing tune in a language you don’t know. Even if you can’t speak the tongue, you almost still want to sing along, almost entranced by the melody.
    • The Engine Room: You remember the tour of the engine room… and it wasn’t traditional at all. It seemed like creatures on wheels turning a motor! What were those creatures, and why is the crew so adamant about keeping people out when they aren’t doing their tour?
  • @IzItTru @FourEyesIsAFish Clarise giggles. "You two really are mischievous little rascals! I love the sounds of this plan! I could probably arrange to pick you up once you're out of the town; I want to see this zany plan in action, if I had to admit..."
  • Elimination Round

Elimination time could come at any moment... brace yourselves!
  • edited August 2021

Shaping Up For The Challenge

@IzItTru, @IronCrusher, @DrakeGladis@Aggroman15, @FourEyesIsAFish

With eliminations coming up, I'd like to go ahead and set up some ground rules in advance, just so everyone knows what to expect. I'll also be checking in to make sure participants who haven't been active are alright and whether or not they wish to continue.
    • Eliminations will be based on three factors; 33% of the score will be based on the score for the challenge, 33% of the score will be based on scores for past challenges, and 33% of the score will be allocated to special bonuses. Each character will be receiving the same challenge to ensure fairness across the boards.
    • The score will be out of 30; the 10 bonus points players can earn are as follows: Up to five points can be rewarded for characters who have faced especially harsh challenges, or whom have completed a large number of then, up to three points can be rewarded for creativity from an RP standpoint, and two points will be rewarded to any character who has been with us since Chapter One (Drake with Enerew, EpicBoss with Verth, Bowler with Vryx, and AJ with Alfred).
    • In the case that two players tie for the lowest score, both will be eliminated.
    • Any players that don't complete their challenge before the deadline will be eliminated in a fashion that keeps their character alive if they've been absent for over four weeks; if an active character fails to submit before the deadline, however, their average score on past challenges will be used in place of that but they will forgo all bonus points.
    • Success will grant you a bonus trait, so give it your all!
    The elimination challenge will happen some time between now and the end of August, and the deadline will be about two weeks out from the start date; to keep the contest going, however, that deadline will be a firm date.

Those Who Have Been Idle On Stitia

@KorandAngels@SpellPiper2213@ChoyBoi@MonkeyPirate2002, @B21@Bowler218, @Abu_Jafar ;- I can link you your incomplete challenges upon request

@EpicBoss99 You previously expressed you were too busy to participate any longer; if things have changed, I'm willing to allocate you a place back in Stitia if you wish to return and you score well enough in the elimination challenge.
  • nah, I don't really mind.
  • @Tommia I think I'm going to drop out of Stitia, actually.
  • @SpellPiper2213 Thank you for letting me know! I figured you were probably too busy, but I wanted to be sure everyone was accounted for!
  • @KorandAngels By you don't mind, do you didn't mind having your challenge forwarded to you, or something else?
  • I mean that I would not mind if I am kicked out.
  • edited August 2021

Planar Events

~ This… is going to be a lot. Buckle up; this could be a long read.

The Arcanum Has Changed

With yet another flicker, the location of the Arcanum has switched! It now connects the Reliqid Island to the mainland, interrupting Stitia's main trading route.

Additionally, after several verified reports that the Arcanum was once more populated, travel has resumed to there; those interested in investigating why its population has made a resurgence can now investigate much easier!

Byro Has Been Killed

After being the first of many to lay a solid blow upon the dread Horn Killer, Stitia's best hope against the plague… has unfortunately left this world. His allies struggle to continue his research and carry the burden of keeping the plague contained.

Verth and Vryx Are Proven Innocent!

In a trial, Verth wad proven innocent of murder in a 2-1 vote. The Dawnwood, however, voted him as guilty. His reputation, while still slightly damaged in the west, has now been repaired in the east, and now he can continue his work.

In Vryx's trial, he was proven innocent by a unanimous 3-0.

Arne Has Been Spotted!

The gods have begun descending… Arne has begun rampaging alongside Khantsievth, with rumors of them being spotted in the northwest.

Holy War Forecast

With the prophecy unfolding right before the world's eyes and the moon mere miles away from Stitia, civilians are losing hope; they fear it is only a matter of time before the end is here…

A New Threat On The Horizon

As if things couldn't get worse, a band of pirates, consisting entirely of succcubi and incubi, have been spotted. They've done horrible, unspeakable things in the name of keeping rebels agaisnt The Six off the waters, giving the gods a powerful naval force.

But…

Things aren't completely hopeless. The werebeast and vampire armies seem to have formed fragile alliances with the people, even if their motives are selfish…

Additionally, there are rumors of more planeswalkers emerging, giving the denizens of the plane powerful allies.
  • edited August 2021

The Second Elimination Challenge...

@IzItTru, @IronCrusher, @DrakeGladis, @Aggroman15, @FourEyesIsAFish, @KorandAngels, @ChoyBoi, @MonkeyPirate2002, @B21 / @Bowler218, @Abu_Jafar

The moon reached down from the sky with lips to kiss the world...

Stitia is running out of time. No efforts have been made to prevent the prophecy except by a select few brave souls, one of which is tumbling through the underworld for their efforts. With that, the Arcanum is in sheer chaos as infiltrators have made their way within, setting forth a devastating spell. With their efforts essentially unimpeded, things were about to get a lot, lot worse...

Stitia is Undergoing a Transformation...

Time seems to stop around you as you stay there, frozen in the moment. The world is warping before your eyes, subtly for some of you, dramatically for others. But it isn't the only thing changing...

Make a card to represent how your character has either been changed by the horrors of Stitia, or representing their ability to resist them. You will have an opportunity to change your color identity just this once for free, without voiding your chance to change it once more later, but it still must be three colors or less.

This challenge is special; not only will your card affect your chances, but so will your prior performance. Show me what you are made of... and before the clock strikes midnight on the night of August 31st...

Scoring Criteria

• Eliminations will be based on three factors; one third of the score will be based on the score for the challenge, one third of the score will be based on scores for past challenges, and one third of the score will be allocated to special bonuses.
    • The score will be out of 30; the 10 bonus points players can earn are as follows: Up to five points can be rewarded for characters who have faced especially harsh challenges, or whom have completed a large number of them, up to three points can be rewarded for creativity from an RP standpoint, and two points will be rewarded to any character who has been with us since Chapter One (Drake with Enerew, Bowler with Vryx, and AJ with Alfred).
    • In the case that two players tie for the lowest score, both will be eliminated.
    • Any players that don't complete their elimination challenge before the deadline will be eliminated in a fashion that keeps their character alive if they've been absent for over four weeks; if an active character fails to submit before the deadline, however, their average score on past challenges will be used in place of their challenge shcore. However they will forgo all bonus points.
    • Success will grant you a bonus trait, so give it your all!
    • The deadline is non-negotiable this time.
  • Unfortunately for Krakua, they underestimated their injuries. While they would be able to continue their lives researching the nature of their blade, and perhaps finding someone who can wield it, their adventure came to an end before it ever truly began, their career as a knight ended by their predicament.
  • edited August 2021
    I'm willing for Aerus to just die here.
  • @KorandAngels So you're dropping out? He won't necessarily die, but you can drop out at any time.
  • Yes, I have said about 3 times that I would like to drop out of this contest.
  • You never said directly, merely that you wouldn't mind if you ended up getting eliminated; I just want to be sure, since dropping out of such a long contest is a serious matter.
  • edited August 2021
    "We're not too far away, just a bit out of reach from their 'clever trap,'" Florence chuckles. "Still, we would've been toast if it weren't for some new friends I made along the way." He turns to face the cloaked figures as they end their ritual with a bright smile.

"Seriously, all of you played a momentous role on this very night. I could not be any more grateful for all the effort you have put into this. If we continue to trust and aid each other, especially in these dire times, we will overcome the insurmountable!

"That said, it would be best to depart to somewhere safer before they catch wind of what just hap—"

Without any warning, Florence hurls over as he clenches his stomach, a nauseating feeling suddenly overwhelming him. With great effort, he looks up from his pained position to see something surreal. His allies move with an uncanny grace, their motions speeding up, then slowing down, then jittering, before reversing, then locking, then returning past the point of the present, well into what seems to be the future. Even Otaimo moves with jagged poise, his form distorting as time itself bends to... something's will. 

But not for Florence. He remains lucid amongst the chaos occurring around him. He sees the ebony blue stone glow darker and more violently than it has ever before, shaking fervently within his palm. To deceive such an omnipresent force is truly a sight to behold. But nothing is ever so cut and dry. As the stone continues to glow, it vibrates faster and faster, growing warmer and warmer until Florence can no longer touch its white hot surface. Out of instinct, Florence drops the stone to the ground, but as it falls cracks rapidly form across it, before breaking in midair. 

The shard of duplicity, the one defense Florence had against the all-seeing eyes of the Gods and far worse, was gone. And with it came the grating sound of a violin, echoing throughout his mind.

A swelling dread fills Florence's entire body as the music resonates through his head, an eerie threat of what was soon to befall him. No, not a threat. Threats have an uncertainty attached to them, one that could be exploited to ensure the threatened's safety. This was a statement, plain and simple.

F̴̨̡̢̥̳͉̦̺̞̜͍͉͓͖̼͈͆́͜Ǫ̵͚̩̝̤͍͇̃͗́̽͂͊̕͜Ű̷̝̜̤̗̾͐͌̀̓̈́͒̈̿Ǹ̸̲̩̦̼̬̓́̾́͑͝D̴̩̥̠̹̮̻̯͕̀̏͋̿̀͛̆͐̉́̎̈̐͋̎́͘͝ ̸̢̥̞̤̍̂̐̉̍̓̃̐͛͑̎͗͝͠Ỹ̵̢̢̡̙̪̝̹̤̲͉̮͙̗̩̝̙̹̭̊͗̐͗̂̀͆͊́̑͆͌̍̎̿͝O̴̝̲̮̎̔͂͐͆́͌͋͑̒̆̈́̾̏͘Ű̵͓̲͉̘̐̽̈́̂̎̿̿̆̒́̈́͛̑̉̈̈́͝.

In one moment, there was Florence, charming and cunning as a wary fox. In the next, there was a motionless corpse lying on the ground, its smirk twisted into a gasp of shock and fear. Let this be a lesson to all who challenge forces incomprehensible.

Let this be a lesson to all who dare face against the Abyss.

THE END

• edited August 2021
    @IzItTru, @IronCrusher, @DrakeGladis, @Aggroman15, @FourEyesIsAFish, @ChoyBoi, @B21 / @Bowler218, @Abu_Jafar

As time begins to warp around you, you hear a voice echo in your ears.

"Our time has come... we have higher callings to answer to. We must withdraw, but with our combined power, we grant you this last blessing..."

The elimination challenge has been skipped! Stay tuned...
  • @IzItTru, @IronCrusher, @DrakeGladis, @Aggroman15, @FourEyesIsAFish, @ChoyBoi, @B21 / @Bowler218, @Abu_Jafar

~ Hell on Earth

As time resumed, things had changed about the world. The moon was now close enough to Stitia to shoot with a pistol, its glow now lighting up the world like a red sun. While changes were still in action, havoc had been wreaked across the continent. Entire kingdoms were shattered and scattered, months of madness instilled in mere moments as everything changed. The sky had turned black with red and purple lightning, the smell of sulfur filling the air as ashy snow fell all across the land. As a quarter of Stitia’s 13 million disappeared in the moment, their blood was drained into the ocean… as was the blood of the damned. While Stitian Winter set in, things were getting quite heated as the horrific demons and devils once confined to the underworld were given release upon the plane, as well as the gods. With their destruction, Stitia would never be the same, their mere presence shattering some areas and utterly warping others. The mists surrounding Stitia turned an inky black as they encroached upon the land, preventing anyone from ever finding what lies beyond them. With the powers of both heaven and hell now upon Stitia, it was only a matter of time. Would our heroes be able to save a realm imperiled? Or were they already too late?

This map is the compressed version. To view the full quality version, click here. Note that the full quality image is approximately 15 MB in size.

A Humble Withdrawal

As time came back to Otaimo, he was shocked to suddenly find this once wonderful headquarters full of mild luxuries and the most cunning thieves on the brink of collapse, the walls dilapidated and the denizens slain. Out of all of them, however, Otaimo saw one pile of interest… one with no bones, only dust and a shattered pendant. Florence. Just a few hours ago, they met and became fast friends. But in mere seconds he was reduced to dust. Otaimo felt the influence of the interplanar avatars fading from the plane, and with it, K’Trinop’s. Otaimo was a bit disheartened, but he had no time to mourn or give what very little remained of Florence a proper burial; he felt one good thing, the power restored to him quite suddenly, but he also felt a deep burning sensation on his left hand. As he looked down, a bizarre mark had burned itself into his hand, along with a message… and with it, he suddenly left the plane.

Your new prompts will come in a couple days, but as with Otaimo, I have higher callings to answer to at the moment. I will be with you soon...
  • Sorry about the delay. Constantly working on nothing but Colonizers, Stitia background stuff, and artwork has me pooped, plus I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection,but I plan on picking this up once I get to feeling better.
  • I've started getting messages out today. I'll be PM'ing everyone with next steps across today and the next couple days as I return to work.
  • edited September 2021
    It is with great condolences that @IronCrusher has been eliminated by default; they have been inactive on the site for over 5 months, signaling that they are highly unlikely to return.
  • I continue on
  • edited September 2021
    I am still alive (which at this point is kinda surprising...) Anyways, I shall continue on with my prompt. As Alfred slowly is slowly closed in on by the two demons, he realizes he needs to quickly free the prisoners or else he'll be done for. He tries to quickly think of a couple plans that may work. The men he has currently rounded up aren't enough to start a fight against them with, especially since his men are unarmed. Running does nothing at this point, as he doesn't know the prisons layout. Suddenly he feels his palm start to burn, then remembers his scythe. Since it can light itself with extremely hot flames, he might be able to melt the locks by flinging flames around, almost similar to how a trained pyromancer would be able to, but not nearly as strong. He knows he can melt some lighter metals, or at best definitely cause some burning. So he slowly begins to spin his scythe in a clockwise manner, slowly flinging mini embers in the beginning of a smelting blast.
    Smelting Blast
  • Hello everyone

It's 6 AM here and I can't get to sleep. Stitia has been at a standstill despite me being relatively active, so you're probably wondering what's up, whether I've just forgotten about Stitia or something. The truth is, I won't talk intricacies, but things have been rough for me. I have relatively very little control about what happens in my life anymore, and it feels like I'm constantly fighting an uphill battle to get anything accomplished. I'm suffering from serious writer's bloc, and with everything going on in my life I haven't been able to recapture my lost inspiration.  Over the past month I've lost a decent amount of sleep from stress, having to sleep in late to get rest, had a panic attack so severe I had to be hospitalized, have been on a standstill trying to get back to work, and have been dealing with serious personal problems best left unmentioned. I'm trying to get my head back into the game, but for now, I'm going to have to call it; Stitia is on pause until further notice.
This discussion has been closed.