Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Leaderboards

Top 30

Rank Name Inv Entries Prizes Duels Rating Moshpit Deadline Spellweb Points Calibration
    1 Jadefire X 140 153 3-7 1855 4 100 9 53 -1
    2 AboveAndAbout   144 74 2-4 1963 1 56 2 33  
    3 Corwinnn X 120 66 3-4 1918 2 57 2 31  
    4 Ranshi   135 69 2-3 1960 1 23 0 24  
    5 sorinjace   69 56 0-0 2000 0 47 0 20  
    6 TheRacingTurtle   66 38 2-1 2068 2 23 0 15  
    7 JoeMoose   88 49 0-0 2000 0 19 0 15  
    8 ShadowReign X 84 47 8-0 2252 0 6 3 15 +2
    9 bnew07   32 31 0-0 2000 0 34 0 12  
    10 TheDukeOfPork   53 32 2-3 1904 0 27 0 12  
    11 TenebrisNemo   33 36 1-0 2069 1 24 0 11  
    12 pakashara   31 37 0-0 2000 0 23 0 10  
    13 Dechujoh64   36 25 0-0 2000 0 18 0 8  
    14 IronCrusher   27 24 2-0 2100 1 15 0 8 +1
    15 saveria201   11 14 0-0 2000 0 26 0 7  
    16 Zaheer_the_Grim   25 15 0-0 2000 0 23 3 7  
    17 Baron-777   30 17 0-0 2000 0 18 0 7  
    18 cadstar369   37 27 2-0 2090 0 17 2 7  
    19 Potato13   45 24 0-0 2000 0 8 0 7  
    20 LyndonF   40 26 0-0 2000 0 6 0 7  
    21 shadow123   45 29 0-0 2000 0 5 0 7  
    22 MonkeyPirate2002   39 24 0-0 2000 0 6 0 6  
    23 Fantastickill7   48 26 0-0 2000 0 0 0 6  
    24 Suicidal_Deity   17 14 0-0 2000 0 16 0 5  
    25 CS101   16 18 2-1 2034 0 11 0 4  
    26 FORFUN   28 10 1-0 2060 0 9 0 4  
    27 Aggroman15 X 20 20 0-0 2000 0 8 0 4  
    28 Abu_Jafar X 29 29 0-0 2000 0 4 0 4  
    29 jpastor   27 19 4-2 2020 0 1 0 4  
    30 Latinas   22 14 2-0 2110 0 0 0 4 +1
  • edited September 2021

Open Draft

Anyone may jump in here at anytime to claim one of the following mystery boxes. Once a mystery box has been claimed, nobody else can claim it. Once you submit a card for a mystery box, you may claim another mystery box, if there are any left.

The False Advertising Box fail huckleberry hound GIF
    • [May be submitted in Mystery Challenge Quest]
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Land that creates a Legendary Creature token. (Create the token for an additional entry.)

The Cosmodrone Box 
    Happy Smiley Face GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monoblue Beast or Horror creature card. 

The I Love Lucy Box 
    Cbs Thanksgiving GIF by HULU
    • Prize 63 - A Cardsmiths Against Humanity Challenge
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that's name fills in this blank in the most creative way possible. 

The Sequential Discomfort Box 
    dd pain GIF by Hyper RPG
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Human creature that gets a static boost in stats as long as you control ___.

The Breaking Bad Box 
    Jesse Pinkman Reaction GIF by Breaking Bad
    • Prize 11 - Box Draft: You may activate another Box Draft after this one.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a burn spell with a single-worded name.

The Unlucky Shenanigans Box 
    bff rolling mall shenanigans ride or die GIF
    • Prize 79 - Coin: Choose a coin to flip. If you win the flip, entries this deadline of the chosen coin get a favorite.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a spell that causes an opponent to lose life and you to gain life.

The Prized Golem Box 
    GIF by Clasharama
    • Prize 168 - A Follow
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monoblack draw spell.
  • I’d like the False Advertising Box. :)
  • I'll take the Breaking Bad box.
  • edited September 2021
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a burn spell with a single-worded name.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/pyrocognition

I'll take the Unlucky Shenanigans box.
  • @Jadefire - great! Will you be activating the draft again? Also - which coin will you select?
  • @jpastor Prizes aren't holdable indefinitely anymore or is it just these ones that need to be activated upon receipt?  If they both need to be claimed now, I will activate the draft again and I'll flip the red coin.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a spell that causes an opponent to lose life and you to gain life.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/infernal-consultation

I'll take the Prized Golem box.
  • @Jadefire
    you can hold on to them, I just got a little eager for some action!
  • @jpastor I have close to my max in cards created so in order to create cards under sorinjace I have to pay premium or delete cards. Also, it cleared finally! So I should b good for awhile. So, I would like to request... A mystery box! 😁
  • Sounds amazing @sorinjace! Let me know how you'd like to handle your mad prizes!

To bring you up to speed real quick,

1) You have an ongoing duel... All you need to do is submit any card in your collection that is black and green. It is vs @AboveAndAbout

2) You have plenty of pending prizes, a whopping 14 random mystery prizes (or 1 premium at random and 4 nonpremium at random) + 10 nonpremium of your choice (or 1 premium of your choice) as a returning user bonus. You may cash these in at your leisure, gift them, or just ignore them. 

3) New prize rules are simple... When you get a prize, you can cash it in, hold on to it as long as you'd like, gift it to someone else, or ignore it.

Your mystery box contains:
    • [You may submit this as an entry in Mystery Challenge Quest as well.]
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Dragon creature that gives other dragons you control an ability.
  • @jpastor could you do the 14 random mystery prizes and for the 1 premium could you gift that to  @Dechujoh64 I don't think he's got a premium. I also am a bit rusty, but I just started a Halloween contest! It'd be cool to see you submit a card in it 🤘😁
  • I'll create a new card for my duel with @AboveAndAbout 😊 they are a very good cardsmith!
  • Already started looking for art @sorinjace
    !!!
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monoblack draw spell.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/call-from-the-grave-5

I'll take the I Love Lucy box.
  • @sorinjace
    1. Prize 117 - Air High Five: You may guarantee a prize in target cardsmith's next box.
    2. Prize 164 - A Follow
    3. X Favorites: 1 for each box opened this deadline that contained a prize or goody (X = 4)
    4. A Timer: When you activate the timer, set the deadline to end in 1-5 days.
    5. Spellwebs (Moshpit)You may activate this mode.
    6. Shiny Chalice: You may choose a page number from the mystery box discussion (1-231), and you'll receive one random prize from that page.
    7. Favorites: You may have jpastor favorite every entry submitted between the point you activate this and the next requested mystery box thereafter.
    8. Prize 63 - Spotlight (Moshpit): You may activate this mode.
    9. Prize 28 - Salt & Pepper: Cash this in anytime to receive two challenge options in your next box.
    10. Prize 3 - Another Timer
    11. Prize 85 - Spotlight an Entry: You may submit a spotlight entry at any time. It counts as an entry for that cardsmith and yourself. 
    12. Prize 23 - Golden Plaque: Cash this in anytime and the winning card for that deadline will be forever engraved in the HALL OF FAME.
    13. Prize 64 - Casual (Deadline Modifier): You may activate this deadline modifier at any time. While active, only certain prizes will be available. 
    14. Prize 58 - X Favorites: 1 favorite for every box without a prize this batch. (X = 4)
  • The follow could you give my DerpNerd account a follow since you already follow the sorinjace account @jpastor? That'd be cool. It's nothing but joke derpy cards there for fun and ridiculousness lol. Ok and cool can't wait to see what you create!! I'm still looking for art for my duel card.
  • Hi friends - I'll be live for a few hours!
    Drop by for a small prize!
    twitch.tv/cryptocaillou

12:00 - 12:30 CT = Mystery Challenge Quest Talk

12:30 - 1:00 CT = Mystery Box Challenges Talk

1:00 - 1:30 = 1st Annual Mystery Box Shootout Talk

1:30 - 2:00 = The Gaming Spot Talk

2:00 - 2:30 = Cardsmith League Talk

2:30 - 3:00 = Feedback/Recap

• edited September 2021

@cadstar369
    Your Dragon Bard thanks the merchant for the extra Orb, then heads over to the hooded merchant that hailed him. It's another Dragon speaker! You strike up an engaging conversation, but the Bard begins to mention how there is a great storm coming to this realm. He warns that you should leave while you still can. "The weather is changing," he says.

Prize 162 - Deadline Modifier (Weather Change)

Before leaving, the Bard gives you a small item... 

[Obtained a Mora Poncho.]

He says this will come in handy with the coming storm and that he has no need for it.

Having obtained your cloak, you have two options:

• Head to the Hangar Bay in search of a ship.
    • Head to the Weapons Keeper in search of a weapon.
    You have two choices for a Mystery Challenge. Neither choice will impact your storyline. Just choose which you'd like to complete.

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Creature card that's two creatures on one card... example: Pia and Kiran.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monoblack creature with flying and power *.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that's name fills in this blank in the most creative way possible.  I lost my arm in a _____ accident.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bird-watching

I'll take the Cosmodrone box.
  • edited September 2021

Reactivation (Deadline)

Hi mystery boxers... @Jadefire has received and activated a prize that reactivates a random, old contest... and puts the premise into workable mystery box terms for the duration of one full deadline!

The random contest we are reactivating is: https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/5436/open-card-contest-for-newcomers-to-mtgcardsmith#latest by @Animist.

For this deadline... here's how we'll do this:
    • Up to four of your mystery boxes this deadline will have the following mystery challenge: Create any new card you want.
    • If you're new to the forums or mystery boxes, you'll be guaranteed a prize in every box this deadline.
    Tips (In Animist's words)
    • Preference for simple cards that use the big text font. Not a fan of walls of mini text.
    • Although balance is important, not too interested in power level. A card that will only ever see play in limited is acceptable to me if it's flavorful, solid, realistic and interesting.
    • Art can really help tie a card together so it's a good idea to either spend time looking for the right piece of art, or base your card on the art. Artstation.com and Deviantart.com are good starting points. Alternatively, you can make your own art!

To get going, just ask for a Mystery Box!
  • edited September 2021
    While I'm designing my next card, I'll activate Prize 156 - Reactivation (Deadline) and I'll apply my 8 deadline favourites to myself: https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/Jadefire/cards

Also, I'm giving Prize 168 - A Follow to @cadstar369
  • edited September 2021
    Mystery Challenge: Create a one mana burn spell. 
    (Not quite sure if this works.)

Pyracantha Tincture

Please use my deadline favorites on whichever of my cards you see fit. Gonna hold off on getting another Mystery Box until I do my draft box & spellweb challenge of choice. I'd like to activate the Prize 168 - A Follow that Jadefire has gifted me.

Personal Prize Inventory (with drop references)
    • Prize 450 ??? - Spellwebs (Challenge): You may choose to receive a spellweb for your next mystery box. [X]
    • Prize ??? – Mechanix (Deadline): You may activate this deadline. [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.  [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Dechujoh's Ring of Madness: You may put the ring on any of your ten fingers to see what happens…  [Twitch]
    • Prize 34 - A Big Slap: You may slap two entries. (Challenge the cardsmith who created the entry to make a better entry. The original entries still count.) [X]
    • Prize 162 - Deadline Modifier (Weather Change) [X]
    • Prize 19 – Spider Silk (Receive your next Spellweb with the colors of your choice [up to 6].) [Twitch]
    (Prizes left without numbering were earned that way)

• @cadstar369
    favorites applied
  • The deadline was supposed to end already, but I'm definitely extending this one:

the mask GIF
  • False Advertising Box ~ Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Land that creates a Legendary Creature token. (Create the token for an additional entry.)

Level 3 Spellweb Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Creature card that's two creatures on one card.
    The token creator is severely limited, so Kenja didn't come out properly. :disappointed:

Eichi Temple of Wisdom Kenja Flamebonder Kindel

Dragonspeakers have no need of weapons (the Ur-Dragon's transcendent grace is quite sufficient, let alone the occasional presence of His more feral descendants), so I will search for a ship in the Hangar Bay (whenever we next continue spellwebs).

One Reactivation mystery box please. :)

Personal Prize Inventory (with drop references)
    • Prize ??? - Spellwebs (Challenge): You may choose to receive a spellweb for your next mystery box. [X]
    • Prize ??? – Mechanix (Deadline): You may activate this deadline. [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.  [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Dechujoh's Ring of Madness: You may put the ring on any of your ten fingers to see what happens…  [Twitch]
    • Prize 34 - A Big Slap: You may slap two entries. (Challenge the cardsmith who created the entry to make a better entry. The original entries still count.) [X]
    • Prize 162 - Weather Change (Deadline Modifier): This modifier changes the weather of the mystery box plane from its standard fare, affecting everyone's mystery challenges. [X]
    • Prize 19 – Spider Silk (Receive your next Spellweb with the colors of your choice [up to 6].) [Twitch]
    (Prizes left without numbering were earned before the current prize list was established, so the number is no longer known to me.)

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that statically gains an ability as long as you control a [blank].
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/gravelgill-deceiver

Could I get another mystery box?
  • edited September 2021
    The Cosmodrone Box?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/violent-amoeboid

Can I elect to randomize prizes/outcomes?
  • edited September 2021
    Hi @cadstar369
    With those 3 entries, you reached 40 entries, earning your 8th Mystery Box Point, which gives you the nonpremium prize of your choice!

https://mystery-boxes.webs.com/
This discussion has been closed.