Spellwebs

Comments

• A Mystery Challenge: Create an Artifact with a domain ability.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/adventurers-log

I'm ready for my next spell web.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a Vehicle that's the Ship you'll be going for.
    Adamant Carrier

I shall sneak onto a vessel. With plenty of space to move around and plenty of people to get lost in, nobody will notice one extra drifter. I might even be able to make some money, given my profession.
  • @Corwinnn your Spider crafts an intricate web... Using the sharp bones of a deceased, your spider pierces at the wall where it feels the air draft... clawing dirt and soil away, high up in the chamber. Clawing and digging.... alas LIGHT!

You crawl your way out. With the sharp bone in hand acting as a spear... you are tempted with an idea... but you have two choices:
    • Run away as fast as you can and hope nobody sees you.
    • Explore the Elf Village and kill all who imprisoned you. (Taking all you can in the process.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a spell that destroys an enchantment or returns a creature from exile to your hand or to the battlefield.
  • Hi @Jadefire
    Your level 8 Spellweb - choose 3-4-or-5 of the 6
    • Pink
    • Tan
    • Blue
    • Light Green
    • Purple
    • Dark Green

• @cadstar369
    with that spellweb entry, you earned your 5th Spellweb point, which earns you your 10th Mystery Box Point. Your final free prize for earning Mystery Box Points awaits your decision:
    • One non-premium of choice

Your level 6 spellweb: Choose 3-or-4 of the 6 options...
    • Dark Yellow 1
    • Levender 2
    • Olive Green 1
    • Blue 2
    • Purple 3
    • Purple/Dark Pink 1

• I'll take Pink 1, Blue 1, Light Green 1, Purple 1, Dark Green 1.
  • edited September 2021
    Hmm… I'll take [Darker Purple 1, Olive Green 1, Blue 2, Purple 3]. (None of those look like Dark Yellow to me, so I'm just going off of the order you listed the colors in here.)

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and ask for a Stone of Creation as my prize of choice.

Character Stats

Scalebound Dragonspeaker ~ Dragon Bard

Level 6 ~ Inventory

Traits:

• Persuasive I - Your character is capable of persuasion at a 50/50 ratio of success.
    • Sneaky - You're more than capable of becoming a stowaway on a number of vessels.
  • @Jadefire
    Monkey's curiosity urges him deeper into the jungle in search of medicinal products.

A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-green spell that acts as a "healing" spell for its owner.

Monkey find a large tree with incredibly beautiful dangling leaves. Climb up the tree to see what's up there? -or- Take some leaves to see if they're medicinal?
  • @cadstar369
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that gains an ability as long as it's equipped.

You spot a passenger vessel in both the large hangar and the outside hangar. Which one will you go to?

Upon deciding, they both appear to be the same type of vessel, perhaps bound for different destinations... Your Bard must choose one of the following options:

• Put your cloak on and sneak onboard a vessel through a hatch.
    • Pretend you're a passenger and persuade the boarding attendant to let you on.
    One of these two decisions may result in a prize.
  • The monkey's going to take some leaves first rather than risk climbing with an injury.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that gains an ability as long as it's equipped.
    Scalebound Guard

I shall put my cloak on and sneak onboard the passenger vessel in the outside hangar. Better to quickly get onboard than be turned away by the attendant; don't know when that storm is coming after all.

Character Stats

Scalebound Dragonspeaker ~ Dragon Bard

Level 6 ~ Inventory

Traits:

• Persuasive I - Your character is capable of persuasion at a 50/50 ratio of success.
    • Sneaky - You're more than capable of becoming a stowaway on a number of vessels.
  • @cadstar369
    Your level 6 Spellweb - Please choose 4 or 5 of the options:
    • Orange 1
    • Yellow 1
    • Green 1
    • Tan 1
    • Green 2
    • Indigo 2

• I'll take [Green 1, Tan 1, Green 2, Indigo 2]. I just noticed my earlier level 5 spellweb is labeled level 6. :sweat_smile:
  • You crawl your way out. With the sharp bone in hand acting as a spear... you are tempted with an idea... but you have two choices:
    • Run away as fast as you can and hope nobody sees you.
    • Explore the Elf Village and kill all who imprisoned you. (Taking all you can in the process.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a spell that destroys an enchantment or returns a creature from exile to your hand or to the battlefield.
    Acidic Silk

These surface elves took something precious from Charlotte, and she will get it back!

• edited September 2021
    @jpastor

Mystery challenge: create a mono-green evasion spell

Sorry the scaling might be a little off, I'm on mobile.

"Ogre no like hill rolling, ogre also not like clear path, so ogre go toward big water."
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-green spell that acts as a "healing" spell for its owner.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/soulshard-ascension

• @jpastor preventing dmg is a form of evasion right?
  • edited September 2021
    @Tonysparks evasion effects/abilities make creatures harder to block. Preventing damage doesn’t make a creature harder to block (at least not by itself), just much less likely to die from getting blocked. 
  • @cadstar369 fair enough, but while most evasion mechanics can be used in green, they don't feel like they belong there. Green is the Mary Sue of mtg colors imo. I'll just leave it like that.
  • @Tonysparks Then use trample and effects like that of Thorn Elemental that allow damage to get through even if the creature is blocked.  Those are pseudo-evasion.
  • edited September 2021
    For reference in the future @Tonysparks and everyone else... whenever I mention something specific in a Mystery Challenge... it usually has a basis in actual MTG... i don't just make up words... So if I ever say something like "Create a creature that's evasive." I may or may not also include a link to the description of evasion.

Another example would be, "Create a creature that's a Mummy." While Mummy is not a subtype in MTG... you can pretty much figure out which MTG cards have "Mummy" in the name. 

Case and points:
    • I don't make up words. If I do, I provide links to examples and descriptions you can research.
    • It's basically 50/50 with me providing hyperlinks in the Mystery Challenge. You'll find plenty of times where I provide a link to some examples, but sometimes I forget or sometimes I want you to take the extra time to figure it out on your own.

Either way... the card you provided is not evasive in any mechanical way. It's got an evasive name and appears the attempt was there. I'm content with accepting this entry nonetheless... unless someone wants to slap it.
  • edited September 2021
    This seems like an opportune moment; I shall activate my Big Slap targeting @TonysparksBlend with Nature and @Jadefire's Walking Boneyard!
  • @Tonysparks
    @Jadefire

@cadstar369
    is slapping your entries...

... you do not have to, but now you both have the opportunity and the option to submit a 2nd entry for the same challenge
  • @jpastor Is that how slaps work, you can target a Spellwebs card and a Mystery Box card?
  • Ok right on it
  • @jpastor

Resubmission for *mono-green evasion spell*

(Version 1)

(version 2)
  • @Jadefire nice try little birdie, not so legendary now are ya
This discussion has been closed.