Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-white Elemental creature card with artwork set outdoors.

Next box, please!

• I'll take another box please!
  • edited December 2021
    Mystery Challenge: Gobble Gobble. Create a two-sided creature card with one side being a creature and the other side being an enchantment with the creature having been roasted into yummy food.
    Auspicious Pheasant Splendid Banquet

One mystery box please. :)

Personal Prize Inventory
    • Prize ??? – Mode Negotiations: You will be awarded 1~5 modes selected from 1~5 modes of your choice. (Both values selected at random upon cashing in this prize.) [X]
    • Prize ??? - Short Fuse (Modifier): Prizes received this deadline must be cashed in this deadline, or they will be voided.
    • Prize 53 - Limited Prize Modifier (Activate this when you'd like. X prizes chosen at random are earnable for the duration of the deadline, where X is the number of cardsmiths in the last batch/deadline.) (x2)
    • Prize 16 – Champions' Pendant (Cash this in any time to duel the previous deadline's winner.)
    • Prize 74 – Teddy Bear (Gift a box to another cardsmith!)
    • Prize 44 - Turnbuckle (Duels Modifier) [Activatable.]
    [Spellwebs] Prizes (partial account; additional prizes in my Spellwebs inventory)
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft at any time. The mystery challenges will be assigned to each cardsmith requesting a box, but the prizes will be up for grabs, first come, first serve.
    • Prize ??? - Song (Gambit)
    [Twitch] Prizes
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.
    • Prize ??? – Spider Silk: Receive your next Spellweb with up to 6 colors of your choice. (x3)
    • Prize ??? - Reactivation (Challenge): Cash this in to re-activate and receive a challenge from a random discussion located on page 1-100 of the forums.
    • Prize ??? - Casual (Deadline Modifier): Casual Prizes ONLY
    • Prize ??? – Madman's Glasses
    • Prize ??? – 1-challenge (Moshpit): Activate a moshpit by tagging 3+ cardsmiths, inviting them to the moshpit
    • Prize ??? – Dueling Boots: Challenge any of Jadefire, ShadowReign, or Globert-the-Martian to a duel. (Because they were in the stream!)
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft.
    • Prize ??? - Cloning Ritual: You may receive a duplicate prize of one of a prize in the same batch as your box.
    • Prize 8 – Rusty Key (Guarantees a non-modal prize in the box it opens)
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a non-humanoid Vampire creature card with artwork set outdoors. 

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bloody-butterfly

And I would like to cash my Aether Vial. If possible.

• edited December 2021
    @SMPrague your experiment contains:
    • An Experimental Mystery Challenge: Endarths Foremost https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/endarths-foremost by @GuntherExalted
    • Re-make this card so that it is a mythic rare Legendary card. (Change its name and artwork if you would like to. Make any adjustments to the card text you feel are necessary. Upgrade the card with some other card and/or flavor text if you would like.) Make sure the artwork you use is outdoors.
    @cadstar369 your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 34 - Jadefire Special (2 random prizes!)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-white instant that draws you a card and has artwork set outdoors.
    • Prize 98 - Green Substance (You get 2-for-1 mystery boxes the rest of this deadline.)
    • Prize 88 - Treasure Map (You'll go on an adventure when you cash this in.)
    @AboveAndAbout your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 34 - Jadefire Special (5 random prizes)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an enchantment with artwork set outdoors that gives all creatures you control something.
    • Prize 63 - Angelstone (Premium) (Activated automatically: The winner of this deadline will earn a premium prize.)
    • Prize 9 - Extra Credit (You can submit a card you've entered in another contest along with this mystery box's mystery challenge entry.)
    • Prize 30 - Casual Causality (When you activate this deadline modification, only non-modal prizes will be given out the remainder of the deadline.)
    • Prize 62 - Sappy's Art of the Challenge (When you activate this deadline modification, cardsmiths will supply an artwork for one of the next mystery challenges.)
    • Prize 59 - Fools' Gold (Cash this in anytime to name two cardsmiths to partake in a duel.)
    @JackDraco your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature card with deathtouch and artwork set outdoors.
  • Looks like as good a time as any to activate my (old numbering) Prize 63 – Leftovers: A random prize from the prizes in the last batch.
  • @Jadefire
    • Prize 9 - Extra Credit (You can submit a card you've entered in another contest along with your current mystery box's mystery challenge entry.)
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature card with deathtouch and artwork set outdoors.

Next box please. :smile:
  • I'll take another box please!
  • edited December 2021
    @SMPrague
    Your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature card, using the Theros Gods card frame, with artwork set outdoors.
  • Mystery challenge: Create a spell with "Tele" in its name.
    This is fun! Ready for my next box.
  • @SMPrague
    • Prize 68 - Limited Art (When you activate this deadline modifier, only X artworks will be usable the remainder of the deadline, where X = the number of cardsmiths who participated in the last deadline.)
    • A Mystery Challenge:  Create a pirate themed creature card that is not a pirate creature with artwork set outdoors.

@JackDraco
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an artifact card with artwork set outdoors that would fit well in the Arabian Nights set.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a non-Human Warrior creature card that's of common rarity.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/naga-mist-guide

Can I get another mystery box?
  • @Jadefire
    • Prize 70 - Donuts (2 favorites)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that would be set in the Karsus plane with artwork set outdoors.

...and the deadline has arrived...

@cadstar369 would you like to use your voting credentials?
  • @jpastor I shall refrain & save the Voting Credentials for next deadline.
  • Mystery Challenge: There are some cards with a quote from the nomad sentry. Create this nomad sentry.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/raqib-nomad-sentry

I had a hard time with this one and I don't know how happy I am about where it landed, I am glad it gave me the opportunity to use threshold though. In justification of the cast any spell bit, I felt white should be able to cast permanents while blue should be able to cast nonpermanents. Let me know if any of you disagree. Another box please. 
  • And the winners are…

1.       @LeBateauIvre (5 deadline points + 5 favorites)

2.       @Cadstar369 (4 deadline points + 4 favorites)

3.       @Cadstar369 (3 deadline points + 3 favorites)

4.       @Jadefire (2 deadline points + 2 favorites)

5.       @LeBateauIvre (1 deadline point + 1 favorite)

Leaderboards

Rank Name Inv Entries Prizes Duels Rating Moshpit Deadline Spellweb Points Active
    1 @Jadefire X 183 171 12-11 2205 5 118 19 71 X
    2 @Corwinnn X 163 87 6-8 1989 5 75 12 48 X
    3 @AboveAndAbout X 157 86 2-4 1963 1 56 3 35 X
    4 @cadstar369   99 68 14-9 1947 0 31 14 27 X
    8 @MonkeyPirate2002   68 41 1-1 2000 0 16 12 15 X
    19 @LeBateauIvre   25 19 7-7 2028 0 13 0 7 X
    44 @RudyTheDuck   10 6 2-5 1948 0 8 0 2 X
    67 @SMPrague   12 2 0-3 1862 0 0 1 0 X
    69 @JackDraco   3 1 0-0 2000 0 0 0 0 X
  • @LeBateauIvre
    • Prize 17 - A Giant Magnet (You get every prize in this post.) well this is awkward.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with spell mastery.
  • edited December 2021
    Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-white instant that draws you a card and has artwork set outdoors.
    Dazzling Glare

Together with this entry I have completed a Spellwebs challenge.

Activating the Short Fuse (Modifier). Everyone must use prizes earned this deadline before the deadline ends!

Sending a Prize 74 – Teddy Bear Mystery Box over to @LeBateauIvre. I'll use Prize 44 – An Air High Five to ensure they get a prize in it! :)

Activating Prize 7 – Madman's Glasses alongside Prize 50 – Skeleton Key; one choice-of-challenges mystery box (+bonus Spellwebs box) [with a premium prize inside] please! :D

Personal Prize Inventory
    • Prize ??? – Mode Negotiations: You will be awarded 1~5 modes selected from 1~5 modes of your choice. (Both values selected at random upon cashing in this prize.) [X]
    • Prize ??? - Short Fuse (Modifier): Prizes received this deadline must be cashed in this deadline, or they will be voided.
    • Prize 53 - Limited Prize Modifier (Activate this when you'd like. X prizes chosen at random are earnable for the duration of the deadline, where X is the number of cardsmiths in the last batch/deadline.) (x2)
    • Prize 16 – Champions' Pendant (Cash this in any time to duel the previous deadline's winner.)
    • Prize 74 – Teddy Bear (Gift a box to another cardsmith!)
    • Prize 44 - Turnbuckle (Duels Modifier) [Activatable.]
    • Prize 98 - Green Substance (You get 2-for-1 mystery boxes the rest of this deadline.)
    • Prize 88 - Treasure Map (You'll go on an adventure when you cash this in.)
    [Spellwebs] Prizes
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft at any time. The mystery challenges will be assigned to each cardsmith requesting a box, but the prizes will be up for grabs, first come, first serve.
    • Prize ??? - Song (Gambit)
    • Prize 3 – Kaleidoscope: Choose a color. All entries of the chosen color in the mystery box deadline receive a favorite.
    • Prize 44 – An Air High Five: You may guarantee a prize in the next box of target cardsmith. [Activates immediately.]
    • Prize 50 (PREMIUM) – Skeleton Key: Guarantees a premium prize in the box it is used to open. (You may decline this prize to receive the nonpremium prize of your choice.)
    [Twitch] Prizes
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.
    • Prize 32 – Spider Silk: Receive your next Spellweb with up to 6 colors of your choice. (x4)
    • Prize ??? - Reactivation (Challenge): Cash this in to re-activate and receive a challenge from a random discussion located on page 1-100 of the forums.
    • Prize 30 - Casual Causality (Deadline Modifier): Casual Prizes ONLY
    • Prize 7 – Madman's Glasses: Cash this in to receive two mystery challenge choices the remainder of the mystery box deadline. You choose which mystery challenge to create a card for.
    • Prize ??? – 1-challenge (Moshpit): Activate a moshpit by tagging 3+ cardsmiths, inviting them to the moshpit
    • Prize ??? – Dueling Boots: Challenge any of Jadefire, ShadowReign, or Globert-the-Martian to a duel. (Because they were in the stream!)
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft.
    • Prize ??? - Cloning Ritual: You may receive a duplicate prize of one of a prize in the same batch as your box.
    • Prize 8 – Rusty Key (Guarantees a non-modal prize in the box it opens)
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that would be set in the Karsus plane with artwork set outdoors.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/xelios-the-grand-distortion

I tried to keep the aesthetic of Karsus by finding crystalline art for Xelios like in Mirrored Depths.

Can I get another mystery box?
  • @jpastor, does @LeBateauIvre get a premium prize because of my prize that had activated earlier in the deadline?
  • edited December 2021
    I guess I'll activate my Prize 16 - Champions' Pendant now that the deadline is over.  I'll also apply my two recent deadline favourites along with my two other deadline favourites to four cards of jpastor's choice.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/Jadefire/cards
  • I'm LIVE

Let's talk about things:
    1. @LeBateauIvre wins a premium prize! (7:00PM CT - 7:15PM CT)
    2. Live Mystery Box Reveal (7:15PM CT - 8:00 PM CT)
    3. Spellwebs (8:00 PM CT - 9:00 PM CT)

twitch.tv/cryptocaillou

• @LeBateauIvre
    • Premium Prize 3 - Featured Card (or your choice of non-premium prize)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with Echo (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this came under your control since the beginning of your last upkeep, sacrifice it unless you pay its echo cost.)
    @cadstar369
    • Premium Prize 39 - Avatar (or your choice of non-premium prize)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a multicolored Harpy creature card.
    • A Madman's Mystery Challenge: Create a kill spell that doesn't say destroy or exile.

@Jadefire
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature card with a creature that has red skin.

This discussion has been closed.