Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• A Madman's Mystery Challenge: Create a kill spell that doesn't say destroy or exile.
    Thermic Inversion

While I'm thinking about it, how does Prize 69 – Web Strand work now? (assuming it still exists)

Still waiting on the bonus Mystery Box from my Spellweb. Another choice-of-challenges mystery box please! :)

Personal Prize Inventory
    • Prize ??? – Mode Negotiations: You will be awarded 1~5 modes selected from 1~5 modes of your choice. (Both values selected at random upon cashing in this prize.) [X]
    • Prize 53 - Limited Prize Modifier (Activate this when you'd like. X prizes chosen at random are earnable for the duration of the deadline, where X is the number of cardsmiths in the last batch/deadline.) (x2)
    • Prize 16 – Champions' Pendant (Cash this in any time to duel the previous deadline's winner.)
    • Prize 44 - Turnbuckle (Duels Modifier) [Activatable.]
    • Prize 98 - Green Substance (You get 2-for-1 mystery boxes the rest of this deadline.)
    • Prize 88 - Treasure Map (You'll go on an adventure when you cash this in.)
    • **Premium Prize 39 - Avatar (or your choice of non-premium prize)
    [Spellwebs] Prizes
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft at any time. The mystery challenges will be assigned to each cardsmith requesting a box, but the prizes will be up for grabs, first come, first serve.
    • Prize ??? - Song (Gambit)
    • Prize 3 – Kaleidoscope: Choose a color. All entries of the chosen color in the mystery box deadline receive a favorite.
    [Twitch] Prizes
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.
    • Prize 32 – Spider Silk: Receive your next Spellweb with up to 6 colors of your choice. (x4)
    • Prize ??? - Reactivation (Challenge): Cash this in to re-activate and receive a challenge from a random discussion located on page 1-100 of the forums.
    • Prize 30 - Casual Causality (Deadline Modifier): Casual Prizes ONLY
    • Prize 7 – Madman's Glasses: Cash this in to receive two mystery challenge choices the remainder of the mystery box deadline. You choose which mystery challenge to create a card for.
    • Prize ??? – 1-challenge (Moshpit): Activate a moshpit by tagging 3+ cardsmiths, inviting them to the moshpit
    • Prize ??? – Dueling Boots: Challenge any of Jadefire, ShadowReign, or Globert-the-Martian to a duel. (Because they were in the stream!)
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft.
    • Prize ??? - Cloning Ritual: You may receive a duplicate prize of one of a prize in the same batch as your box.
    • Prize 8 – Rusty Key (Guarantees a non-modal prize in the box it opens)
    ** = Short Fuse prize
  • @cadstar369
    bonus mystery box
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary General in an army.

• @cadstar369
    Just an open thought... which i never have... hope you don't mind me saying, but I think it would have been easier to make your spell mono-blue for 4 and have a multicolored R/U kicker cost. 

Target creature gets -4/-0 until end of turn. If Thermic Inversion was kicked, switch that creature's power and toughness until end of turn.
  • @jpastor Could you repost my Mystery Box, por favor?
  • @jpastor I could see something like that working. If I were to go that route, I would make the kicker cost mono-red or hybrid red/black, since I didn't want the 'kill' mode to leave the spell mono-blue. It might be a bit difficult to cost properly this way (depending on the desired rarity), given cards like Downsize and Twisted Reflection (both used as inspiration for my version, alongside cards like Mannichi, the Fevered Dream and Unnerving Assault).

Maybe it'd look like this:
    Thermal Retrograde {2}{u} – Instant (Uncommon?)

Kicker {r/b} (maybe {1}{r/b}?)

Creatures your opponents control get -4/-0 until end of turn. If this spell was kicked, switch each creature's power and toughness until end of turn.
    It's now Hysterical Blindness with an additional effect in extra colors, but that's fine. There's also kicker synergies for this version, but I don't think that makes much difference in these colors. 
  • @ShadowReign
    I can't find it. The last one in the search bar is one you already completed. 

Here's a new one.

Your mystery box contains:
    • Antique Challenge (Activated) 
    • A Mystery Challenge from the first 100 pages: Create a Legendary Creature with the letter "z" in its name.
  • Bonus Spellweb Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary General in an army.
    General Renee

She's in the same army as Alexander & Geraint (hence the matching artist & theme).

I'd like to trade in Premium Prize 39 – Avatar to activate Prize 84 – Sculpture instead.

Personal Prize Inventory
    • Prize ??? – Mode Negotiations: You will be awarded 1~5 modes selected from 1~5 modes of your choice. (Both values selected at random upon cashing in this prize.) [X]
    • Prize 53 - Limited Prize Modifier (Activate this when you'd like. X prizes chosen at random are earnable for the duration of the deadline, where X is the number of cardsmiths in the last batch/deadline.) (x2)
    • Prize 16 – Champions' Pendant (Cash this in any time to duel the previous deadline's winner.)
    • Prize 98 - Green Substance (You get 2-for-1 mystery boxes the rest of this deadline.)
    • **Premium Prize 39 - Avatar (or your choice of non-premium prize)
    [Spellwebs] Prizes
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft at any time. The mystery challenges will be assigned to each cardsmith requesting a box, but the prizes will be up for grabs, first come, first serve.
    • Prize 3 – Kaleidoscope: Choose a color. All entries of the chosen color in the mystery box deadline receive a favorite.
    [Twitch] Prizes
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.
    • Prize 32 – Spider Silk: Receive your next Spellweb with up to 6 colors of your choice. (x4)
    • Prize ??? - Reactivation (Challenge): Cash this in to re-activate and receive a challenge from a random discussion located on page 1-100 of the forums.
    • Prize 7 – Madman's Glasses: Cash this in to receive two mystery challenge choices the remainder of the mystery box deadline. You choose which mystery challenge to create a card for.
    • Prize ??? – 1-challenge (Moshpit): Activate a moshpit by tagging 3+ cardsmiths, inviting them to the moshpit
    • Prize ??? – Dueling Boots: Challenge any of Jadefire, ShadowReign, or Globert-the-Martian to a duel. (Because they were in the stream!)
    • Prize ??? - Cloning Ritual: You may receive a duplicate prize of one of a prize in the same batch as your box.
    ** = Short Fuse prize
  • Vitu-Ghazi Reborn
    I'll take another box please!
  • Prize Haul
    • Prize 2 - Juke Box: Activate this any time to convert all mystery challenges into musically themed mystery challenges.
    • Prize 14 - A Carving: Activate this challenge when you request a mystery box to receive a mystery challenge with a specific word instead of a normal mystery challenge.
    • Prize 25 - Full Combo (Draft): Activate this any time you'd like.
    • Prize 25 - Full Combo (Draft): Activate this any time you'd like.
    • Prize 28 - Adventure (Challenge)
    • Prize 29 - Bag of Gemstones (Cash these in any time to receive feedback on a random quantity of 1-5 cards.)
    • Prize 57 - Sticker (Premium) (I'll gift you the great sticker! Or you can decline for your choice of non-premium prize!)
    • Prize 61 - Stone of Creation (You may submit any newly created card you want instead of a card specifically for your challenge.)
    • Prize 87 - Wildcard (Premium) (One non-premium prize of your choice.)

• A Mystery Challenge: Gobble Gobble. Create a card with gravy in the name that can be leveled up.
    The Gravy Train

I'd like to Choo Choo Choose a new Mystery Box!!
  • Since this weekend was pretty hip and hop with forum notifications, I'll go live the remainder of the day and spread some holiday cheer with live content and prize giveaways!

Here's the link: 

twitch.tv/cryptocaillou

Here's the schedule (All times in Central Time)
    1. 11:45 - 12:15 (Mystery Box Live Reveals)
    2. 12:15 - 12:30 (Cardsmith League Match: @Temurzoa vs @Animist)
    3. 12:30 - 1:00 (Spellwebs live coverage)
    4. 1:00 - 1:15 (Cardsmith League Match: @Ranshi vs @TenebrisNemo)
    5. 1:15 - 1:45 (Mystery Box Live Reveals)
    6. 1:45 - 2:00 (Cardsmith League Match: @Suicidal_Deity vs @Faiths_Guide)
    7. 2:00 - 2:30 (Duel Decks: @cadstar369 vs @ShadowReign)
    8. 2:30 - 3:00 (Story of the Year: Live Story Read, @feralitator)
    9. 3:00 - 3:15 (Cardsmith League Match: @shadow123 vs @Jadefire)
    10. 3:15 - 5:00 (Live Content Catch Up and Open Discussion)
  • @SMPrague has challenged @ShadowReign and @AboveAndAbout to a moshpit. Here is the challenge:
    • Create a rare Enchantment with one sentence of card text.
  • @jpastor Just confirming you saw my previous prize activation and favourites claim: 
    https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/219238#Comment_219238
  • @cadstar369 has cashed in Fools Gold to have the following two cardsmiths duel with one of their existing entries. When @LeBateauIvre submits their entry, it'll duel @AboveAndAbout's first entry from this deadline.

@cadstar369 your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 85 - God Spell (Choose any prize you'd like.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a white card that makes it become day.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Genasi creature card.
    @AboveAndAbout You can activate dueling armor now!
    • Prize 52 - DJ Credentials (Choose 3 songs to add to the Mystery Box Spotify playlist.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare Artifact that you would run in a colorless deck.

@Corwinnn your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 52 - DJ Credentials (Choose 3 songs to add to the Mystery Box Spotify playlist.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with toughness 9 with an activated ability that costs (0).
  • edited December 2021
    Mystery Challenge Double Feature

Mystery Challenge: Create a card with spell mastery.

Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with Echo (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this came under your control since the beginning of your last upkeep, sacrifice it unless you pay its echo cost.)

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/learn-from-the-waters

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/apostle-of-suns-light

Well that was exciting, another box please. 

• @jpastor Does flavor text count twords the moshpit challenge?
  • Prize 45 for @LeBateauIvre
    Prize 88 for @ShadowReign
    Remind me to follow up on these tomorrow.
  • edited December 2021
    Moshpit Challenge
    • Create a rare Enchantment with one sentence of card text.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/relentless-bravery?list=user

• @LeBateauIvre
    Prize 45 - 1-Challenge Moshpit (Invite 3+ cardsmiths to participate in a moshpit.)

@ShadowReign
    Prize 88 - Adventure (To go on this adventure, create a creature that surveils.)
  • edited December 2021
    @LeBateauIvre
    • Prize 60 - Word of the Day (Choose Solo Challenge, Moshpit, or Duel)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that creates a token of a non-permanent card.
  • Sacred Tomb
    I'll take another box please!
  • I will challenge @ShadowReign with my Dueling Armor.
  • I will accept @AboveAndAbout's challenge.
  • @AboveAndAbout
    Don't forget your moshpit card!
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a noncreature card with daybound or nightbound.
  • edited December 2021
    Mystery Challenge: Create a Genasi creature card.
    Scion of the Storm

I will cast Premium Prize 85 – God Spell and create Premium Prize 63 – Angelstone.

From the Duel Decks discussion, I'd like Prize 69 – Web Strand. (Or if it no longer exists, I'll claim Prize 67 – Aether Vial instead)

I'll also activate Prize 95 - Golden Key from over there; one choice-of-challenges mystery box [with a modal prize inside] please. :D

Personal Prize Inventory
    [Spellwebs] Prizes
    [Twitch] Prizes
    ** = Short Fuse prize
  • Angelstone activated. The winner of this deadline gets a premium prize.
  • edited December 2021
    @cadstar369
    Web strand exists, but has been changed to "All choices will be translated in order."

• Prize 28 - Winner Takes All (Choose moshpit or duel and invite cardsmiths to your choice.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that can be cast twice.
This discussion has been closed.