Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Mystery Challenge: Create a card that can be cast twice.
    Reconsider

Activating Prize 28 – Winner Takes All; would you care to participate in a moshpit with me @LeBateauIvre, @SMPrague and @AboveAndAbout?

Another choice-of-challenges mystery box please. :)

Personal Prize Inventory
    • Prize ??? – Mode Negotiations: You will be awarded 1~5 modes selected from 1~5 modes of your choice. (Both values selected at random upon cashing in this prize.) [X]
    • Prize 53 - Limited Prize Modifier (Activate this when you'd like. X prizes chosen at random are earnable for the duration of the deadline, where X is the number of cardsmiths in the last batch/deadline.) (x2)
    • Prize 16 – Champions' Pendant (Cash this in any time to duel the previous deadline's winner.)
    • Prize 44 - Turnbuckle (Duels Modifier) [Activatable.]
    • Prize 98 - Green Substance (You get 2-for-1 mystery boxes the rest of this deadline.)
    • Prize 88 - Treasure Map (You'll go on an adventure when you cash this in.)
    [Spellwebs] Prizes
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft at any time. The mystery challenges will be assigned to each cardsmith requesting a box, but the prizes will be up for grabs, first come, first serve.
    • Prize ??? - Song (Gambit)
    • Prize 3 – Kaleidoscope: Choose a color. All entries of the chosen color in the mystery box deadline receive a favorite.
    [Twitch] Prizes
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.
    • Prize 32 – Spider Silk: Receive your next Spellweb with up to 6 colors of your choice. (x4)
    • Prize ??? - Reactivation (Challenge): Cash this in to re-activate and receive a challenge from a random discussion located on page 1-100 of the forums.
    • Prize 30 - Casual Causality (Deadline Modifier): Casual Prizes ONLY
    • Prize 7 – Madman's Glasses: Cash this in to receive two mystery challenge choices the remainder of the mystery box deadline. You choose which mystery challenge to create a card for.
    • Prize ??? – 1-challenge (Moshpit): Activate a moshpit by tagging 3+ cardsmiths, inviting them to the moshpit
    • Prize ??? – Dueling Boots: Challenge any of Jadefire, ShadowReign, or Globert-the-Martian to a duel. (Because they were in the stream!)
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft.
    • Prize ??? - Cloning Ritual: You may receive a duplicate prize of one of a prize in the same batch as your box.
    • Prize 8 – Rusty Key (Guarantees a non-modal prize in the box it opens)
    ** = Short Fuse prize
  • @cadstar369
    Your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with protection from red.
    • A Madman's Mystery Challenge: Create a Processor creature card.
  • Oof, I’ve missed a lot. Sorry!

A Mystery Challenge: Create a card named after Superman with artwork set outdoors. 

Another box please! 
  • edited December 2021
    @Jadefire vs @LeBateauIvre

Jadefire has used the Champions' Pendant to duel the previous deadline's winner, LeBateauIvre.

Duel Challenge: Create a mono-red archetype card that has Learn. (You may reveal a Lesson card you own from outside the game and put it into your hand, or discard a card to draw a card.)
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a Processor creature card.
    Grasping Abomination

One option mystery box please!

P.S. – Just to remind everyone, I've activated the Short Fuse modifier, so any prizes earned during this deadline go away if you don't use them before the deadline arrives!

Personal Prize Inventory
    • Prize ??? – Mode Negotiations: You will be awarded 1~5 modes selected from 1~5 modes of your choice. (Both values selected at random upon cashing in this prize.) [X]
    • Prize 53 - Limited Prize Modifier (Activate this when you'd like. X prizes chosen at random are earnable for the duration of the deadline, where X is the number of cardsmiths in the last batch/deadline.) (x2)
    • Prize 16 – Champions' Pendant (Cash this in any time to duel the previous deadline's winner.)
    • Prize 98 - Green Substance (You get 2-for-1 mystery boxes the rest of this deadline.)
    [Spellwebs] Prizes
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft at any time. The mystery challenges will be assigned to each cardsmith requesting a box, but the prizes will be up for grabs, first come, first serve.
    • Prize 3 – Kaleidoscope: Choose a color. All entries of the chosen color in the mystery box deadline receive a favorite.
    [Twitch] Prizes
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.
    • Prize 32 – Spider Silk: Receive your next Spellweb with up to 6 colors of your choice. (x4)
    • Prize ??? - Reactivation (Challenge): Cash this in to re-activate and receive a challenge from a random discussion located on page 1-100 of the forums.
    • Prize 7 – Madman's Glasses: Cash this in to receive two mystery challenge choices the remainder of the mystery box deadline. You choose which mystery challenge to create a card for.
    • Prize ??? – 1-challenge (Moshpit): Activate a moshpit by tagging 3+ cardsmiths, inviting them to the moshpit
    • Prize ??? – Dueling Boots: Challenge any of Jadefire, ShadowReign, or Globert-the-Martian to a duel. (Because they were in the stream!)
    • Prize ??? - Cloning Ritual: You may receive a duplicate prize of one of a prize in the same batch as your box.
    ** = Short Fuse prize
  • The Cadstar deadline modifier has just been found and activated.  All prizes for the rest of the deadline will now be chosen from among previously undiscovered prizes.
  • @jpastor claiming a Hybrid Pearl & Aether Vial from the Twitch stream.
  • @jpastor Here's a summary of the stream prizes I'm claiming:
    -Cadstar Deadline Modifier
    -Complex Orb => Max difficulty
    -Fools' Gold => @SMPrague vs @RudyTheDuck
    -Aether Vial
    -Jadefire Special (Subject to Cadstar's modifier and Complex Orb)

Just a reminder that I'm also cashing in four deadline favourites for myself, your choice:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/Jadefire/cards
  • edited December 2021
    @RudyTheDuck
    • Prize 93 - Briber's Satchel (You may favorite X of jpastor's cards in exchange for your choice from among X randomly chosen prizes.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-white artifact equipment.
    @Jadefire
    • Cadstar Deadline Modifier [activated]
    • Complex Orb [activated]
    • Fools Gold [activated]
    • Aether Vial: Please accept this experimental prize: You may trade in unwanted prizes. For every 5 you trade in, you get 1 non-premium prize of your choice.
    • Jadefire Special (5 new prizes)
    @cadstar369
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Human Artificer with fabricate.
    • A Madman's Mystery Challenge: Create a card that turns a land into a swamp.
    • Hybrid Pearl: Done
    • Aether Vial: Please accept this experimental prize: You may trade in unwanted prizes. For every 5 you trade in, you get 1 non-premium prize of your choice.

• @Jadefire your special includes:
    1. Prize 4 - Antique (Page 1-100 solo challenge)
    2. Premium Prize 6 - Skeleton Key (Guarantees a premium prize in the box it is used to open.)
    3. Prize 43 - Two Cookies (2 challenge options for this mystery box.) Well see this is awkward.
    4. Prize 1 - Tumult (An extremely difficult mystery challenge.)
    5. Prize 21 - Un (An unbelievable mystery challenge.)
  • For the moshpit:
    Ethereal Bridge

• OK, so it looks like I got Prize 43 - Two Cookies but it can't be activated or it's not worth activating for this deadline?  This was also the case when I got Prize 41 - Invitational Qualification (https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/219072#Comment_219072), I can't activate it but I can give it away or trade it in, right?  If so, I'll trade in Prize 43 - Two CookiesPrize 41 - Invitational Qualificationand Prize 93 - A Rose?Prize 70 - Donuts (2 favorites), and Prize 7 - Art (Gambit) from my existing prizes for another Jadefire Special.

I'll also activate:
    Prize 1 - Tumult
    Prize 4 - Antique - Page 1
    Prize 6 - Skeleton key - For my next mystery box
    Prize 21 - Un
  • edited December 2021
    A Madman's Mystery Challenge: Create a card that turns a land into a Swamp.
    Miring Marshlands

If possible, I'd like to use my [Cloning Ritual] to copy & activate the [Prize 6 – Skeleton Key] from Jadefire's [Jadefire Special]. If that's a no go, I'll just clone and activate the [Jadefire Special] (subject to the cadstar deadline modifier). :p

Additionally, I'll use my Aether Vial prize to slash [Limited Prize Modifier x2, Champions' Pendant, Turnbuckle, Song (Gambit), Kaleidoscope, Reactivation (Challenge), Casual Causality, 1-challenge (Moshpit), and Dueling Boots] in exchange for two Prize 35 – Scratchie, choosing values [6,34,35,39,57,67,69,85,87,93] for both.

Another option mystery box please! :D

Personal Prize Inventory
    [Spellwebs] Prizes
    • Prize ??? – Kaleidoscope: Choose a color. All entries of the chosen color in the mystery box deadline receive a favorite.
    [Twitch] Prizes
    ** = Short Fuse prize
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature card with a creature that has red skin.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/siege-sovereign

Can I get another mystery box? (Skeleton Key applied)  If I choose, I can trade in a premium prize for any regular prize, right?
  • edited December 2021
    Double Feature Pt 2
    Mystery Challenge: Create a card that creates a token of a non-permanent card.
    Duel Challenge: Create a mono-red archetype card that has Learn. 

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/marrow-supplicant

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sabotage-64

If I didn't do that mystery challenge right let me know, the ask is a little confusing, that said, Altar of Bone is colored wrong, fight me. And can I please have another box? 
  • Duel Challenge: Create a mono-red archetype card that has Learn.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/geo-impressionism

Here's the flavour text that didn't fit on the card: Nassari always said that great art should have impact and leave a lasting mark.

The mono-red archetype that this card fits into is burn.  The name is a play on Neo-Impressionism since Prismari is the college of elemental arts and the card features a falling rock.  It also continues the tradition of reusable rare burn in the same vein as cards like Hammer of Bogardan, Thunderblade Charge, and Repeating Barrage.
  • edited December 2021

...and the deadline has ended...

@cadstar369
    Shoot me over your top 5 favorite cards from this deadline!
  • edited December 2021
    @AboveAndAbout
    wins the moshpit vs @SMPrague and @ShadowReign

@Jadefire wins the duel vs @LeBateauIvre

@RudyTheDuck  vs @SMPrague
    • Jadefire used Fools Gold prize to force you two into a duel. For this duel, Submit any card you created this week.

Mystery Boxes

@Jadefire your mystery box contains a lot:
    • Premium Prize 87 - Wildcard
    • A Tumultuous & Unbelievable Mystery Challenge: Create a 3-mana, silver-bordered creature card with infect and a subtype that has never had infect before in MTG, whose name is [blank] Slayer, where [blank] is a creature subtype and that has flavor text that's fitting for an un-card.
    • An Antique Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with flanking(This mystery challenge was given to @KrampisZman on page 2.)
    • Your Jadefire Special - 2 Prizes (Prize 18 & Prize 100)
    • Prize 18 - Weather Change Modifier
    • Premium Prize 100 - Infinity Shard (You get all prizes given in mystery boxes on this page.)
    Prize 93 - Briber's Satchel (You may favorite X of jpastor's cards in exchange for your choice from among X randomly chosen prizes.)

@cadstar369 the definition of a Cloning Ritual: You may accept a duplicate prize of the most recently posted mystery box prize other than this one -or- of the next prize posted after this one. You declared this for a past prize... which would be this one: 

• Prize 93 - Briber's Satchel (You may favorite X of jpastor's cards in exchange for your choice from among X randomly chosen prizes.)
    That's the prize you'll get :smile:

For your scratchies... apologies if I did not make this clear, but you're allowed only one premium prize # on the scratchie list, like a jackpot on an actual scratch-off you'd buy at a gas station. Please let me know your new list of 10 for both scratchies!

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with lightning in the artwork.

@LeBateauIvre
    Your new mystery box... well, your last mystery challenge wasn't what I asked for.. I was hoping for a card that creates a token of a non-permanent... like an instant or sorcery... it's okay though. We'll mush on! Your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with the custom mechanic, borealis by @jpastor.
    • Borealis N - {cost} ({cost}: Cast this card from your graveyard. It gains suspend N. The next time it would be put into your graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.)
  • edited December 2021
    Welp, I suppose I'll crack the Briber's Satchel now; favoriting these cards: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] If I understand correctly, I now get to pick one of 5 random prizes, yes?

For the Scratchies, I'll revise to these values for both: [8,12,34,35,67,69,88,93,99,100]
    (It appears the Jadefire Special isn't premium. If it is, I'll switch 34 to 32.)

Personal Prize Inventory
    [Spellwebs] Prizes
    [Twitch] Prizes
  • edited December 2021
    @jpastor Just to confirm, the Premium Prize 100 - Infinity Shard means I get a copy of every prize given out on this page.
    -Does this duplicate prizes I get myself on this page so I get two of my own prizes or does it only duplicate everyone else's prizes so I also get what everyone else gets?
    -Does this only count for non-premium prizes or premium as well?
    -Does this also apply to prizes given before Infinity Shard was activated, as long as it was given on the same page?

Nevermind, I see you already listed the take from Infinity Shard: Prize 93. 
  • edited December 2021

• edited December 2021

• I'll take another box please!
  • @AboveAndAbout It may be helpful on Savage Slashes to explicitly say "transform target permanent without daybound or nightbound you control." since game rules explicitly say that a permanent with daybound can only be transformed by its daybound ability.
  • @jpastor Ok I guess I had it backward, and made a sorcery into a token as best I could. I just know tokens as permanents that don't exist when not on the battlefield. I know you said we'll mush on but when I make my next card, I'll throw a card that executes it properly. 
  • Deadline Winners

1. @cadstar369 (5 DP + 5 favorites)
    2. @AboveAndAbout (3 DPs + 3 faves
    3. @Jadefire (1 DP + 1 fave)
This discussion has been closed.