Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Premium Prize 87 - Wildcard
    Prize 5 - Reverse Challenge (You give me a mystery challenge.)

@Jadefire
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a guildmage, cuz why not!?
    I agree 

Another box please!
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a Fungus creature that is BlackGreen.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/thallid-reaper

Another box, please. 
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a humanoid Horror creature card.
    Pitch Drowner

Activating Mode Negotiations & Rusty Key.

Another box of the mysterious variety [with a non-modal prize inside] please.

Personal Prize Inventory
    • Prize ??? – Mode Negotiations: You will be awarded 1~5 modes selected from 1~5 modes of your choice. (Both values selected at random upon cashing in this prize.) [X]
    • Prize 98 - Green Substance (You get 2-for-1 mystery boxes the rest of this deadline.)
    • Prize 88 - Treasure Map (You'll go on an adventure when you cash this in.)
    • Prize 67 - Aether Vial (Cash this in any time.)
    • Prize 99 - Ancient Gem (Cash this in to submit any old card you've created instead of a card for your mystery box entry.)
    • Prize 20 – Lucky Key (Guarantees a prize in the box it's used to open.)
    [Spellwebs] Prizes
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft at any time. The mystery challenges will be assigned to each cardsmith requesting a box, but the prizes will be up for grabs, first come, first serve.
    [Mystery Challenge Quest] Prizes
    • Prize 19 - Top Deck Modifier (Activate at any time.)
    • Prize 80 - Cardsmiths Against Humanity (Choose Solo Challenge, Duel, or Moshpit)
    • Prize 91 - Dark Matter Crystal (Ends the deadline when you cash it in.)
    [Twitch] Prizes
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.
    • Prize 32 – Spider Silk: Receive your next Spellweb with up to 6 colors of your choice. (x4)
    • Prize 7 – Madman's Glasses: Cash this in to receive two mystery challenge choices the remainder of the mystery box deadline. You choose which mystery challenge to create a card for.
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft.
    • Prize 8 – Rusty Key (Guarantees a non-modal prize in the box it opens)
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a tri-colored creature with heroic.

Another box, please!
  • @RudyTheDuck
    Your mystery box contains:
    @LeBateauIvre
    • a mystery challenge: Create a creature with flying and tribute 2 or greater.
    @cadstar369
    • Prize 48 - Scratchie (Choose 10 numbers)
    • a mystery challenge: Create an Aura with a pump ability.
    • Choose a mode: Tumult or cadstar modifier
    @JackDraco
    • a mystery challenge: Cryptic Annelid offers a unique reminder text because it says "X" when the ability text does not say X. Create a card like this, but with something other than the scry ability. 
  • edited December 2021
    Mystery Challenge: Create an Aura with a pump ability.
    Fireblood Prowess

Activating the Prize 48 – Scratchie with numbers [20,34,62,67,84,93,94,96,98,100]

Activating Prize 20 – Lucky Key & the Tumult from above. >:) Another ??? box [with a prize inside] please.

Personal Prize Inventory
    • Prize 98 - Green Substance (You get 2-for-1 mystery boxes the rest of this deadline.)
    • Prize 99 - Ancient Gem (Cash this in to submit any old card you've created instead of a card for your mystery box entry.)
    • Prize 20 – Lucky Key (Guarantees a prize in the box it's used to open.)
    [Spellwebs] Prizes
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft at any time. The mystery challenges will be assigned to each cardsmith requesting a box, but the prizes will be up for grabs, first come, first serve.
    • Prize 80 - Cardsmiths Against Humanity (Choose Solo Challenge, Duel, or Moshpit)
    [Twitch] Prizes
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.
    • Prize 32 – Spider Silk: Receive your next Spellweb with up to 6 colors of your choice. (x4)
    • Prize 7 – Madman's Glasses: Cash this in to receive two mystery challenge choices the remainder of the mystery box deadline. You choose which mystery challenge to create a card for.
  • ...and the deadline has arrived...

• ...and the winners are...

1. @JackDraco (5 Deadline Points + 5 favorites)
    2. @RudyTheDuck (3 deadline points + 3 favorites)
    3. @cadstar369 (1 deadline point + 1 favorite)

Leaderboards

Rank Name Inv Entries Prizes Duels Rating Moshpit Deadline Points
    1 @Jadefire X 190 190 13-11 2237 5 119 74
    2 @Corwinnn X 164 88 6-8 1989 5 75 48
    3 @AboveAndAbout X 161 87 3-4 1963 2 59 37
    4 @cadstar369   111 85 14-9 2064 0 37 33
    15 @LeBateauIvre   32 22 7-8 1936 0 13 9
    26 @RudyTheDuck   14 10 2-5 1948 0 11 4
    44 @samconsumespie   14 11 0-1 1940 0 1 2
    49 @JackDraco   5 2 0-0 2000 0 5 1
    68 @SMPrague   13 2 0-3 1862 0 0 0

Reminders

• You can gift prizes to other cardsmiths or trade for prizes.
    • You can ignore prizes.
    • You can cash most prizes in whenever you'd like, unless it specifically mentioned in the post that it was automatically activated.

\\\EVENTS///

• Be on the lookout for "EVENTS."
    • Events are new as of page 250.
    • When an event is incoming, all active cardsmiths will get tagged in a message.
  • @cadstar369
    • Prize 60 - Mot du Jour (Choose solo challenge, duel, or moshpit.)
    • A Mystery Tumult Challenge: Create an artifact or planeswalker card with Dredge N, an ability that reveals target opponent's hand, costs two colored mana to cast, has a residual cost each upkeep, and mentions vedalken in its flavor text.
    • Scratchie roll - Prize 93 - Briber's Satchel (You may favorite X of jpastor's cards in exchange for you choice in prize from amongst X randomly chosen prizes.)
  • With a new deadline, I'll activate Prize 18 - Weather Change Modifier and Prize 63 - Element 115.
  • edited December 2021
    Mystery Tumult Challenge: Create an artifact or planeswalker card with Dredge N, an ability that reveals target opponent's hand, costs two colored mana to cast, has a residual cost each upkeep, and mentions vedalken in its flavor text.
    Psychosis Orb

I'll activate Prize 19 – Top Deck Modifier and Prize 98 – Green Substance. One 2-for-1 Mystery Box please! :D

Personal Prize Inventory
    • Prize 60 - Mot du Jour (Choose solo challenge, duel, or moshpit.)
    • Prize 93 - Briber's Satchel (You may favorite X of jpastor's cards in exchange for you choice in prize from amongst X randomly chosen prizes.)
    [Spellwebs] Prizes
    [Twitch] Prizes
  • The weather for the deadline is a cold front.
  • Can i has box
  • i wont have art if thats okay
  • edited December 2021
    mystery challenge: Create a creature with flying and tribute 2 or greater.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/flamewing-tyrant

Another box please. 

• I'll take another box please!
  • @AboveAndAbout
    • Prize 48 - Scratchie (Choose 10 prize #'s, with 1 premium prize number maximum.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Demon + [Subtype] creature card.
    @LeBateauIvre
    • A Mystery Challenge: Using a pencil drawing, create a creature card that has two subtypes. Priority Avenger
    @The_333_ just go crazy with artwork from here: https://www.deviantart.com/. Your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 28 - Winner Takes All (Choose one: moshpit or duel.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a [Subtype] + Golem creature card.
  • @jpastor got any 2-for-1 mystery boxes in the back? (+whatever the Top Deck Modifier does)
  • heres my frogolem

Heres Fogen if you're curious

• @jpastor
    also i don't get my prize.
  • @The_333_ the Winner Takes All prize works as follows: You challenge 1 or more other cardsmiths to a mystery challenge (generated by jpastor once all challenged parties accept). Once each cardsmith involved (yourself included) creates a card for the challenge, the entries will be judged by jpastor, and the winner will receive additional mystery prizes. If you wish to challenge 1 person, select the duel option; to challenge multiple others, select the moshpit option.

(I may have missed a detail or two, since I haven't seen this prize activated in a while, but that's the gist of it.)
  • Your adventure begins: Create a 5nake or Naga creature card that's a common.
    https://www.mtgcardsmith.com/view/scent-seeker-1

Ready for the next stage of the adventure.
  • Can i has box
    also @cadstar369 how do i dual someone?
  • Or wait, do i just do Dual @cadstar369, as an example
  • I'm activating Prize 93 - Briber's Satchel favouriting Magmatic Incinerator, Plaguebred Hatespreader, Irreverent Flames, Ingestion Bastion, Lifelike Painting, and Horizon Phoenix.
  • Mystery Challenge: Using a pencil drawing, create a creature card that has two subtypes. 

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/boarding-crew-1?list=user

Another box please. 
  • edited December 2021
    @The_333_ all you have to do is @ someone asking them if they'd like to duel you. Once they accept, jpastor will create a challenge for the dueling cardsmiths to complete. (If you'd like to follow through with your example question, I'd accept your duel, and then we'd just have to wait for jpastor to supply the duel's challenge.)

P.S. – With Christmas fast approaching, it appears jpastor has slowed appearances to once a day, so the next batch of mystery boxes will likely arrive a handful of hours from now.
  • Box, please!
This discussion has been closed.