Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Mystery Box Prize List

54/100 Discovered

Every 2 prizes you discover from now until prize list completion earns you +1 Mystery Score. Each prize you discover allows you the opportunity to create 1 prize for the next prize list.

Prizes Discovered (By Category)

Note that Pearls, Coins, and Orbs are grouped into and count as one prize each.

Modal Prizes

• @jpastor The two entries are Kaedian and Corpsemonger. Both of my challenges got switched.
  • Got it, my bad @Jadefire
    One sec
  • edited December 2021
    @Jadefire your 2-for-1 mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Insect with an additional subtype and only flavor text.
    Your other mystery box contains:
    • Prize 69 - Quest Modifier (Entries earn points redeemable toward prizes. Cash in any time.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Aetherborn Fish creature card.
  • ...and the deadline has arrived...

...voting form under creation...

• I'm going to roll the dice and reshuffle both challenges.
  • can i have box
  • Voting Form

https://forms.gle/mnqXHHMo5r7CCL4U8

Copying all cardsmiths who submitted an entry this deadline. Cast your votes at your leisure. Voting will close sometime in the future! Anyone can vote, even if you did not participate.

@cadstar369
    @Jadefire
    @The_333_
    @CrimsonFox
    @LeBateauIvre
    @AboveAndAbout
    @ShadowReign

• @Jadefire
    • Create a legendary tri-colored Dragon creature.
    • Create a creature that's Benalish.
    @The_333_ your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a non-blue counter spell.
  • @jpastor two questions:
    • Does the Reshuffle prize count toward my discoveries, since it was discovered after the first announcement of the discovery event?
    • Do both Gearhulk Apparatus and Random Event from the Briber's Purse options here count as discoveries? (I'm gonna take Gearhulk Apparatus if that matters.)

• Yeah you are at 3 discoveries @cadstar369
    Leaderboards to follow voting 
  • Train of Thought
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with two subtypes that exiles the top card of your library.

I just wanna say: I'm very happy with how this card turned out.
    Full Name:
    Shinkoru, Emperor of Evolution
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/shinkoru-emperor-of-evolut?list=user

• @jpastor I'll take another box.
  • edited December 2021
    Madman's Mystery Challenge: Create a Merfolk Rogue creature card.

Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-blue Legendary Creature with two subtypes and partner.

Adventure Challenge: Create a pacification card or a card that is reckless and destructive.
    Inkfathom Drowner Rhea Sapphire Archivist Weight of Sin

Cracking a Dark Matter Crystal to crash the deadline. >:)

One Mystery Box please. o:)
    (+the next adventure step)

Personal Prize Inventory
    • Prize 60 - Mot du Jour (Choose solo challenge, duel, or moshpit.)
    • Prize 79 – A Reshuffle (A single reshuffle.)
    • Prize 68 - Limited Art (Modifier) - Cash this in anytime.
    • Prize 88 - Adventure
    • Prize 40 - Gearhulk Apparatus - Choose Solo Challenge, Duel, Moshpit, or Modifier (Mechanix)
    [Spellwebs] Prizes
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft at any time. The mystery challenges will be assigned to each cardsmith requesting a box, but the prizes will be up for grabs, first come, first serve.
    [Mystery Challenge Quest] Prizes
    • Prize 80 - Cardsmiths Against Humanity (Choose Solo Challenge, Duel, or Moshpit)
    • Prize 91 - Dark Matter Crystal (Ends the deadline when you cash it in.)
    [Twitch] Prizes
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.
    • Prize 32 – Spider Silk: Receive your next Spellweb with up to 6 colors of your choice. (x4)
    • Prize ??? - Prize (Draft): You may activate this draft.
  • challenge: create a non blue counter spell
    Does this count?

Also what are Adventures? And can I start one?
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-green Ooze creature with an additional subtype.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/hydra-ooze

Another Box Please
  • edited December 2021
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that's Benalish.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/benalish-battle-priest

• @Jadefire your un-challenge:
    • As I run dry on humor, I pose you with a unique un challenge. Create a noncreature silver-bordered card with no creature in the artwork.
  • Deadline Winners

From voting form

1. @Jadefire (5 DPs + 5 favorites)
    2. @cadstar369 (4 DP's + 4 favorites)
    3. @Jadefire (3 DP's + 3 favorites)
    4. @Jadefire (2 DP's + 2 favorites)
    5. @Jadefire (1 DP + 1 favorite)

From Dark Matter Crystal Deadline

1. @cadstar369 (5 DP's + 5 favorites)
    2. @cadstar369 (3 DPs + 3 favorites)
    3. @ShadowReign (1 DP + 1 favorite)
  • @ShadowReign
    Your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 91 - Dark Matter Crystal (Cash this in any time to immediately end the deadline.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that lowers the cost of certain creatures.
    @cadstar369
    • Prize 2 [New!] - Slaps (1-3 entries of your choice)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an obsessive creature.
    @The_333_
    • Prize 51 [New!] - Buy One Get One Free (Cash this in when you request a mystery box to get two mystery boxes instead of one.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Creature with a triggered ability.
    @LeBateauIvre
    • Prize 49 [New!] - Spectacles (x2 options for you the remainder of this deadline.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that can untap itself by tapping itself, first.

• edited December 2021
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a legendary tri-colored Dragon creature.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/osaris-aurora-draconis

The name of the card was inspired by the art and its resemblance to the Aurora Borealis.

I'd like to use one of my Wildcards to get a Green Substance and activate it immediately.

Can I get a 2-for-1 mystery box?
  • Leaderboards

• Wow, I was out for like a week and it feels like I missed a ton! I'll be honest, as someone pretty new to the Mystery Box scene, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the mechanics. Is there a primer somewhere that describes everything, or is it all scattered throughout this thread? (deadlines, scoring, rating, duels, "moshpit", now the new discovery thing...)

a mystery challenge: Cryptic Annelid offers a unique reminder text because it says "X" when the ability text does not say X. Create a card like this, but with something other than the scry ability.

Next box, please!
  • edited December 2021
    @JackDraco most if not all questions you might have about Mystery Boxes can be answered by the Mystery Boxes Website. :) Events were first announced in this post a little while ago, of which this Discovery Event is the first.
  • edited December 2021
    @JackDraco

This is all stuff I try to cover easily on my live streams. So, I apologize if this is a bit wordy when I type it out for you...

I try to make these mystery boxes beginner friendly. While it might seem like a lot is going on, you really don't have to keep up with anything, at least initially.

My goal is to have lots going on, for the sake of engagement and continued participation. While lots of content is temporary, that's the nature of the mystery box discussion. Jumping in mid-stream should not be a problem because I've worked my content so that you don't have to fetch back in time for what's going on. Missing stuff because you were away for a week or month is simply normal.

These are ongoing and not even the 1st place cardsmith on my leaderboard has been around for every piece of content that I've posted.

Everything I toss in  here should be background noise, essentially; stuff you don't need to keep up with necessarily. Obviously, the more active you are, the more stuff you'll come across, but working at your own pace is what these are all about.

Take your time getting acquainted with things that go on in here. If you don't understand something, just ignore it for now or fire out your questions as you have them.

I do have some reading material though. It's all laid out for you on my website, aside from leaderboards... which come to think of it, I'll probably whip up a quick reference page for that and add it to the site.
    http://mystery-boxes.webs.com

As a newcomer, your primary focus should be on requesting and completing mystery boxes and tending to the prizes you get from them. The rest of the content in here kind of sinks in over time.

• Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that can untap itself by tapping itself, first.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/growing-decay

Two questions, first, the spectacles automatically activate? Because if not I would like to activate it. Second question, I pick one of the two options, correct? Another box please.
  • @JackDraco
    • Prize 55 - Pearl (Choose a pearl.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with delve.
    @Jadefire
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an undead creature.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that adds Green.
This discussion has been closed.