Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @Jadefire - equation results in an average of 29: You may request feedback on up to 4 cards.
  • edited April 2022
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that gets a +1/+1 counter regularly.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/swiftsprout-sapling

Inventory

Prize 19 - Top Deck Modifier: Once activated, shared mystery challenges will be posted for the remainder of the deadline.
    Prize 56 - Timepiece: Activate to set the deadline's end for 1-5 days from now (chosen at random)
    Prize 13 - Golden Plaque (Community): Cash in a golden plaque prize any time before the a deadline ends to ensure the winner of the deadline gets a mention in the HALL OF FAME.
    Prize 99 - Ancient Gem: This gives you the option to submit any card from your collection you'd like for this mystery box instead of a card specifically for your mystery challenge.
    Prize 2 - Slap: Choose one entry by another cardsmith submitted so far this deadline. They may submit an additional entry for that mystery challenge.

Matrix numbers: 52, 5
    I'll cash in my Top Deck Modifier, Timepiece, and Golden Plaque.
    I'll also Slap @cadstar369 for his previous entry, Expand Insight (But it's a nice, friendly slap)
  • @jpastor
    (Oh, and I want another Mystery box too...)

By the way, I've been enjoying the League videos. Keep them up!
  • edited April 2022

• An Event Mystery Challenge: It seems as though we're down to the pilots of the ship, who have no idea of the chaos taking place on their ship; the security platoon; and the shift leader. The security platoon finds the rats swarming the carcasses of the passengers and fellow staff members. Good thing they're equipped with flamethrowers. Create a mono-red extermination spell.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/fevered-frenzy

Flavour text that didn't fit: “Aggression, properly tuned, can empower its bearer to shatter stones, or it can shatter its bearer like a crystal goblet.” —Dranik, fevermage

Can I get another mystery box with two challenges?

• Rewrite the Land

I'll take another box please!
  • @hileandr
    Matrix prizes
    Prize 5 - Reverse: Give me a challenge.
    Prize 52 - DJ Credentials: Choose 4 songs to add to the Mystery Box Spotify playlist.
    Your mystery box contains:
    • Choose a prize:
    • Prize 47 - This or That Modifier: Activate to give x2 options to all.
    • -or-
    • Prize 2 - Slap 2 cards
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an enchantment with the word "can't" appearing twice in the card text.
    @Jadefire
    Nice entry. Your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Zubera creature card.
    • -or-
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a spell that allows you to draw a single card twice.
    • Prize 26 - Journal of Everything: Activate, and I'll pick a random forum page 1-100, select a random contest from that page, and roll with it as the mode for this prize.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with an ability that gives creatures your opponents control that ability.
    @AboveAndAbout
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Pelakka card.
    • -or-
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that somehow combines the two cards in the mtg database that have the word skiff in their name.

• @jpastor, there's only one card that has skiff. Do you mean skif?
  • Pelakka Deathly Paradise
    I'll take another box please!
  • @AboveAndAbout
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a badger creature card.
    • -or-
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Variable Colorless spell with a variant on the card if you don't pay the Variable Colorless.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Human Knight creature with no commas in its name.
    Septentrional Sentinel

Activating the Sappy's Art of the Card Modifier.

Inventory
    • Prize 21 - Un Mode (Choose solo, duel, or moshpit for an un challenge.)
    • Prize 7 - Madman's Glasses: You get 2 challenge options the rest of this deadline. You pick which to submit for.
    • Prize 98 - Green Substance: 2-for-1 mystery boxes the rest of the deadline when activated.
    • Prize 76 - Limited Challenge Modifier: When you activate, mystery challenges will be pulled from a pool of X challenges, where X is the number of cardsmiths who participated in the previous deadline.
    • Prize 54 - Build-a-Box (Draft): Activate this anytime.
    • Prize 62 - Sappy's Art of the Card Modifier: Activate any time. Each cardsmith provides the artwork for the next challenge.
    • Prize 56 - Timepiece: Activate to set the deadline's end for 1-5 days from now (chosen at random)
    • Prize ??? – Double Cheeseburger: You can submit two cards for the mystery challenge.
    • Prize 17 - A Giant Magnet: Submit a card for any number of mystery challenges from this post and receive the prize in the box for each you submit for.
    <Challenge Medallion Active>

• @cadstar369
    OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sappy time

• @jpastor
    • Choose a prize:
    • Prize 47 - This or That Modifier: Activate to give x2 options to all.
    • -or-
    • Prize 2 - Slap 2 cards
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an enchantment with the word "can't" appearing twice in the card text.

Question: Is it prize 47 vs Prize 2 AND the challenge, or is it 27 vs 2 and I get the challenge no matter what? If it's the former, I choose the challenge. If the latter, I choose prize 47.

A Mystery Challenge: Create an enchantment with the word "can't" appearing twice in the card text.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/deal-with-death-6

Inventory
    Prize 5 - Reverse: Give me a challenge.
    Prize 52 - DJ Credentials: Choose 4 songs to add to the Mystery Box Spotify playlist.
    I'll cash in my Reverse:
    Create a black, green, and/or red creature with the Mutagen ability
    (When this creature dies, you may move all of its counters onto target creature.)
  • edited April 2022
    Adventure: Create a fitting Samurai card.
    Duel: Create a Chupacabra creature card.
    Mystery Challenge: Create a reclusive, defensive Spider.
    Mystery Challenge (Slapped): Create a spell that allows you to scry five or more cards.
    Scion of the SwordScavenging Chupacabra Acidspitter RecluseGrim Divination

Another mystery box with 2 challenges inside please. :)

Inventory
    • Prize 21 - Un Mode (Choose solo, duel, or moshpit for an un challenge.)
    • Prize 7 - Madman's Glasses: You get 2 challenge options the rest of this deadline. You pick which to submit for.
    • Prize 98 - Green Substance: 2-for-1 mystery boxes the rest of the deadline when activated.
    • Prize 76 - Limited Challenge Modifier: When you activate, mystery challenges will be pulled from a pool of X challenges, where X is the number of cardsmiths who participated in the previous deadline.
    • Prize 54 - Build-a-Box (Draft): Activate this anytime.
    • Prize 56 - Timepiece: Activate to set the deadline's end for 1-5 days from now (chosen at random)
    • Prize ??? – Double Cheeseburger: You can submit two cards for the mystery challenge.
    <Challenge Medallion Active>

• @jpastor oh, I forgot to ask for another mystery box!
  • edited April 2022
    @hileandr
    Here's my entry for a mutagen creature.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/wobbegong-nuisance

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a white enchantment that destroys a permanent. (+ submit an artwork someone's future mystery box.)
    @cadstar369
    • Prize 60 - Word of the Day: Choose solo, duel, or modifier
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a counter spell. (+ submit an artwork someone's future mystery box.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a black spell that makes you skip your draw step. (+ submit an artwork someone's future mystery box.)
  • edited April 2022

...and the final deadline of Volume 1 of the Mystery Box Challenges has ended...

• And there go all the old prizes.
  • edited April 2022

55 entries for this deadline

Since this is the farewell deadline for the first 100 mystery box prizes, I decided everyone should receive something. So to judge this deadline, I chose 1 entry at random from every cardsmith who submitted and then ranked them. Random selection is a thing :smile:

If you submitted a stud'ly amount of entries, I apologize if one of your better entries was not randomly selected. Please forgive me just this once!
    1. @Aggroman15 (10 deadline points)
    2. @AboveAndAbout (9 deadline points)
    3. @hileandr (8 deadline points)
    4. @Jadefire (7 deadline points)
    5. @Corwinnn (6 deadline points)
    6. @LyndonF (5 deadline points)
    7. @cadstar369 (4 deadline points)
    8. @CrimsonFox (3 deadline points)

Leaderboards

@Tox
    @WarriorCatInAhat
    @ShadowReign
    @Ranshi

As you can see above, all 12 of you have been given the Mystery Box Invitational Tournament Qualification! Thank you for being active mystery boxer.

>>>Volume 1 (The first 100 prizes have been retired)<<<

All prizes you've earned that have not been cashed in by this point in time are now void. They fizzle into oblivion. Exile all earned prizes.

Volume 2 HAS ARRIVED!!! 

>>>100 Brand New Prizes<<<

>>>Season 2 has begun<<<

• While all-time stats will continue to accumulate, from this point until the end of season 2 (when all 100 prizes of volume 2 have been discovered), a second leaderboard will be kept, showing your progress with just this season in comparison to other cardsmiths who participate during this season.
    LET THE MYSTERY BOXING BEGIN!

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/mystery-box-prizes-volume-2
  • Duel Challenge: Create a Chupacabra creature card.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/stalking-night-drinker

I didn't use "Chupacabra" in the name or Creature type so hopefully the more literal take on a vampiric "goat-sucker" with a tendency to attack livestock comes through.  To reinforce the urban legend status of a Chupacabra, I made it unlikely that a Human will meet one. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupacabra
  • edited April 2022
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a white enchantment that destroys a permanent. (+ submit an artwork someone's future mystery box.)

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/hour-of-judgment

Art for someone's future mystery box:
    https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/011/766/136/large/tatiana-yamshanova-stone-valley-forartstation.jpg?1531297569

By Tatiana Yamshanova

...and another box, please! (I wish there were some way I could be put on a list to always ask for another box when I sbumit one)
  • Flower Girl With a Hammer

Another box please!
  • @hileandr
    i added @Ranshi to such a list, but then I forgot i had that list for auto-renewal of mystery boxes upon submission. Best to keep reminding me you need a box because of my method of skimming over text.
  • Speaking of boxes, what was my most recent box to do?
  • Nah, I did that one. I found it. It was a non P/T buff merfolk lord.
  • edited April 2022

Hi friends! April 2018, I created this discussion. Now here we are! Volume 2! Season 2! BOOYAHHHHHHHHH BABY!

Not feeling 100% today, so I came home early from work and will take to the skies, live on stream the rest of the day.

Let's have some fun and relax as we unravel the first couple prizes of the Volume 2!

twitch.tv/cryptocaillou

• Live until 5:00PM Central Time
    • Mystery Box Reveals
    • Opening Season 2 - Volume 2
    • Closing Season 1/Volume 1
This discussion has been closed.