Dranto: Rising Dawn

Comments

• I can handle some of the angels, but not all!
  • This is one of my possible ideas, kinda generic though. 

• @Ranshi Oh, no, I don't mean make all the Angels, sorry, I was unclear. I just meant make the mechanic and recommend archetypes for the tribe. 
  • @Tonysparks @CrimsonFox when I say "Do" the tribe, I meant just make the mechanics and archetypes for now. Sorry if I didn't clarify.
  • I think you should consider:

Antiquity: As long as this creature is equipped (Then X)
  • For Lightbringer
  • I think for angels you can have a bant themed weapon called the holy grail.
  • Antiquity sounds good. And the holy grail seems like an interesting idea. 
  • Ooh I love that meme.
  • Good movie.
  • Just seeing this now, but some additional subtypes you might find amongst demons, angels, humans would be:

Horrors, Spirits, Vampires, Werewolfs
  • I think if you include all of those, the plane miiiight feel a bit too similar to innistrad...
  • Maybe just add the horrors. Creatures distorted by corrupt angels, demons or corrupted angels themselves.
  • Yeah, horrors sound like a good plan, especially with cultists running around. 

Reclaimers Ability: Recon X: Whenever this creature enters the battlefield, exile the top X cards of your library. You may play up to one of those cards until end of turn. 

Needs rewording, I think. 
  • @Tonysparks I don't know if "Antiquity" sounds right, maybe call it "Armed", or something similar? This is just my opinion, we can stick with Antiquity if you like. 
  • It's up to you. I was going for a more relic-y feeling, like them enchanting weapons to make them holy or just wielding mighty relics.
  • edited April 2022
    They forge swords out of Lightstone, a metal that has a high density and is capable of cutting demons' flesh. This was a huge breakthrough Figgeri made, and a large part of the story. So I don't think antiquity fits, unfortunately, but I do like what it does. I hope this doesn't offend you, I'm just trying to stay true to the story of the plane. So Armed or something else is probably a better idea.
  • Like I said, it's up to you. Adjust the mechanics as needed
  • I have a prototype mechanic for the Demons, although I've noticed that it's similar to the Reclaimers mechanic, so I'm not sure if it's final or not (I'll do some more experimenting with ideas). It also takes up a large area on the card (even on small text) as shown below. Please give me feedback on this mechanic, and let me know how you feel about it. 

Dominant (When this creature enters the battlefield, sacrifice a creature with lesser power. Exile the top X cards of your library, where X the power of the sacrificed creature. You may cast a card from among them until the beginning of your next turn.)  
  • I actually like this more than the Reclaimers' ability, so I'll be the one to make edits. Is there any way you can condense it at all? 
  • I'll give it a try, and then I'll let you know when I have some better results! 
  • Sounds good :>
  • The best I've managed to come up with so far (without slightly changing overall effect of the mechanic) is this:
    Dominant (When this creature enters the battlefield, sacrifice a creature with lesser power. Exile the top X cards of your library, where X is the power of that creature. You may cast a card from among them until the end of the next turn.)

Unfortunately, this still covers five lines of space (in small text) on a card.

• I could try this, although it still creeps onto the 5th line

Dominant (When this creature enters the battlefield, sacrifice a creature. Exile the top X cards of your library, where X is that creature's power. You may cast a card from among them until the end of the next turn.)

• edited April 2022
    Dominant (When this creature enters the battlefield, sacrifice a creature. Exile the top X cards of your library, where X is its power. You may cast a card from among them until the end of the next turn.)

• I think that's the shortest I'm gonna be able to get it without making it sound really bad, lol
  • Sounds good to me, and as I said, I really like the ability. Matches the archetypes perfectly, and has a good flavor to it. Good job :>
This discussion has been closed.