Dranto: Rising Dawn

124»

Comments

• I'm gonna redo the Reclaimers' ability to focus more on topdeck than impulse. I'll post the prototype here in a while. 
  • Deliver praise when deserved. That's how I choose to live. 

Anyway, what do you think of the new reclaimed ability?
  • *Reclaimer, Grammarly is a jerk. 
  • edited April 2022
    *Proceeds to destroy grammarly*

I like this ability. If the Reclaimers are going to have many cards that focus on milling cards and getting bonuses for that, I think that this could be quite a competitive mechanic. If you have other ideas for the reclaimers, then this ability could vary in usefulness, but I like it. Well done!
  • Oh also, I'm not sure if I'm correct here, but I think it should say 'When you cast this spell...' instead of 'Whenever you cast this spell...'

Please correct me if I'm wrong
  • Thank you much :>

Yeah, you probably are correct. I'll look it up.
  • Aight, so I think the only mechanic we need now is the Angel one, but I'm having issues coming up with the Angel archetype. 
  • edited April 2022
    I hope this doesn't sound mean or rude, but I think it might be a good idea to brainstorm some more mechanic ideas for each faction before deciding on one. For instance, I think Recon and Dominant are a bit too similar. I'd personally choose one to keep and replace the other.

My thoughts on each mechanic:
    In regards to Dominant: When I think of the word "Dominant", I think it would be some mechanic that cares about having more power on the battlefield or something like that. Although it can definitely work as some sort of sacrifice ability as well.
    In regards to Recon: I think that it might be more interesting if you removed the "When you cast this spell" part. That way you could have a card that triggers recon when it deals combat damage to a player, or a card that can recon as an activated ability.
    In regards to Antiquity: I like it! I don't really see any problems with it as we've seen it as a non-keyworded ability plenty of times in the past.
    In regards to the Follower's Ability: I agree it does feel a bit generic. I think it would make a lot of sense to have this ability synergize with the demon mechanic, so I think that it would be a good idea to hold off on this mechanic until you have the rest of your mechanics.
  • @feralitator Don't worry about critiquing anything, I actually agree with you on this. I'll edit Recon, and discuss Dominant with @CrimsonFox. And as for Followers, I'll deal with it later. 
This discussion has been closed.