Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a white permanent that destroys something.
    Decided to make a white card that destroys itself

Another box, please
  • @jpastor Just to check, for my first mystery challenge, does "Spelltable" have to be the full name of the card or does it just have to be a part of the card name?
  • @Hergusbergus
    Your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 21 - Joystick: Choose the difficulty level of your next mystery challenge. [Activate any time when requesting a box.]
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Wall with an additional subtype.
  • The card's name must be "Spelltable." 

Muahahahah! @jadefire
    • Prize 21 - Joystick: Choose the difficulty level of your next mystery challenge. [Activate any time when requesting a box.]
    MAXIMUM DIFFICULTY!!
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Wall with an additional subtype.
    Juggerwall, yes

I'm ready for my MAXIMUM DIFFICULTY MYSTERY BOX!!
  • Mystery Challenge: Create an un card that separates cards into piles.
    Garble Reality

Another Mystery Box please.

Inventory
    • Premium Prize 66 - Legacy Premium: Angelstone (This deadline's winner will receive a premium prize. Activate any time before a deadline ends.)
    • Prize 36 - Herbal Supplements: You may exchange X prizes in your inventory for 2X favorites.
    • Prize 62 - Zombies (Event)
    • Prize 52 - Quest Journal (Gambit, Duel, Moshpit, Draft - Go on your own adventure of 3-5 cards, equipped with a short story along with it. 2-3 sentences per card.) [Activate any time.]
  • ...and the deadline has arrived..

• Please vote for your favorite deadline cards. anyone can vote

https://forms.gle/ckwbjfHQu85HXbh97

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a fatal card.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/fatal-fracture-1

• Voting Results

1. @jpastor
    2. @cadstar369, @hileandr, @jpastor ;(3-way tie)
    3. @cadstar369

Leaderboards - Season 2

• Congratulations @jpastor!  Looks like you should be asking for mystery boxes more often.
  • I'll take a mystery box! :joy:
  • @Hergusbergus
    • Premium Prize 34 – Jadefire's Jostle: You may challenge the current 1st place in each Cardsmith Division to separate duels or invite all of them to a single moshpit. The winner of each duel gets a prize; or the winner of the moshpit gets a premium prize.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a common or uncommon Aura with more colors in its mana cost than its mana value, and exactly as many abilities as the number of colors in its mana cost.
    @jpastor
    • Raincheck for Prize 92
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Equipment that gives equipped creature a tap ability.
  • Prize 92 - Legacy Misc
  • @cadstar369
    I'll choose 
    1. Reshuffle (A single reshuffle.)
    Please reshuffle my mystery challenge!
  • edited May 2022
    @jpastor
    Your reshuffled Mystery Challenge: Create a card that exiles any number of creature cards from your graveyard when it enters the battlefield.

(Still waiting for a box myself if someone wants to toss one my way. :))
  • @cadstar369
    • Premium Prize 38 - Deathstone: Any nonpremium Volume 1 prize.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Aura that enchants a land with a focus on carefully selected artwork.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a colorless artifact equipment with a multicolored activated ability.

Another please!
  • @hileandr
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Spirit creature with mana value 10.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card named Spelltable.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/spelltable

The name made me think of a periodic table of the elements, so Strixhaven seemed like the right direction to go in.  The more colours you have access to, the bigger the learning bonus.  The mechanic is based broadly on Conspiracy cards that note various characteristics of other cards, and specifically on the wording of Abstract Iguanart.

Can I get another mystery box with two challenges?
  • Hi @Jadefire
    • Prize 30 - Pauper's Treasure: Choose solo, duel, moshpit, or modifier for a commons only challenge.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with named abilities.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a land card with a creature pump ability.
  • @jpastor does "named abilities" just mean any ability that's summed up with a keyword (E.g., delirium, connive, coven) or does it exclude the evergreen creature abilities like flying, reach, and deathtouch?
    • Premium Prize 34 – Jadefire's Jostle: You may challenge the current 1st place in each Cardsmith Division to separate duels or invite all of them to a single moshpit. The winner of each duel gets a prize; or the winner of the moshpit gets a premium prize.
    Moshpit, absolutely
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a common or uncommon Aura with more colors in its mana cost than its mana value, and exactly as many abilities as the number of colors in its mana cost.
    Done and done!

Another box, please!
  • @Ranshi
    @ShadowReign
    @FangQuil
    @SPyBondPlays

@hergusbergus has activated a mystery box prize that allows him to challenge all 1st place cardsmith league participants (that's you) to a mini group contest. The best card will win a premium prize. All you need to do is create and submit here a card for the following mystery challenge. There is no set time limit to submit; just don't take longer than forever.

You've been invited, so you do not have to participate.

A Mystery Challenge: Create a common Human Scout creature card.
  • Ill either get that to you by tomorrow morning or by Thursday evening!
  • @jpastor I will accept the invitation.
  • @jpastor Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.
  • edited May 2022
    Mystery Challenge: Create an Aura that enchants a land with a focus on carefully selected artwork.
    Nocturnal Blossom

One Mystery Box with 2 challenges please. :)

Inventory
    • Premium Prize 66 - Legacy Premium: Angelstone (This deadline's winner will receive a premium prize. Activate any time before a deadline ends.)
    • Prize 36 - Herbal Supplements: You may exchange X prizes in your inventory for 2X favorites.
    • Prize 62 - Zombies (Event)
    • Prize 52 - Quest Journal (Gambit, Duel, Moshpit, Draft - Go on your own adventure of 3-5 cards, equipped with a short story along with it. 2-3 sentences per card.) [Activate any time.]
    • Premium Prize 38 - Deathstone: Any nonpremium Volume 1 prize.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a land card with a creature pump ability.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/symbiotic-grove

This discussion has been closed.