Cleft in twain [closes June 30th].

Hello.

I really, really like cleave. I look forward to if/when it returns. I think that there's a lot of potential in how to play with the words and punctuation involved.

I challenge ye to design cards that do interesting things with the mechanic. I won't be discounting anything for not following standard guidelines of Magic cards, just so long as it's clear what the functionality of the card is meant to be. I have a set of cleave cards which might hopefully inspire some people, also educate ye as to the level of wonkiness I appreciate.

Please also feel free to use these mechanics:
  •  Cleft (You may cast this spell for its cleft cost. If you do, remove the words in squiggly brackets.)
It's functionally identical to cleave. It serves no distinct purpose unless the card it's on also has cleave.
  •  Cloven (You may cast this spell for its cloven cost. If you do, remove the words in all brackets.)
This serves no purpose unless the card it's on also has cleave and/or cleft.

Ye can enter cards that were made prior, or cards that are made newly for this contest, all good. There is no limit to the number of cards you can enter. I just... I just wanna see lots of good-quality cleavage, you feel me?

I'll be keeping this open until the end of June, and the prize will be your sense of self-worth and do-goodery for making me happy.

Also,
1st place: 5 likes of your choice.
2nd place: 4 likes of your choice.
3rd place: 3 likes of your choice.

Separate from any likes you may acquire as the competition is ongoing.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.