Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• edited May 2022
    @jpastor , I'll use the aether vial reward to duel @cadstar369 for the reminder of the deadline. I'd also like another mystery box.
  • (Wakes up from pile of papers)

@jpastor Can I have a box?

• @Potato13 / @cadstar369
    Your special edition mystery box contains:
    • Prize 17 - Eyemask: X favorites, [...] X = the number of [...] you've favorited since the [...] of this deadline. (X=0)
    • A [...] Challenge: Create a creature [...] that's [...] rougarou. 
    @LyndonF
    Your special edition mystery box contains:
  • I'll take a mystery box! Please remember, some words are missing from the mystery boxes this deadline due to the Temple Ruins prize. Also - these are Special Edition mystery boxes right now, which means you pick the challenge based on something you like and want to see.
    @Jadefire
    @cadstar369
    @Corwinnn

• edited May 2022
    @jpastor
    Your Mystery Box Contains...
    • A [...] Challenge: Create a [...] creature card that [...] counters from other [...].
  • edited May 2022
    @jpastor , my card for the Rougarou mystery box. I really wanted to capture the feeling of a blood curse, that regardless of how long you hold it off for, will always exist until the Rougaru dies. Keeping the Rougarou elusive, with ward and avoiding sorcery-speed removal, was also a pretty big flavor win in my opinion. The downside is that it can go out of commission for several turns against creature-based decks, and dies to enchantment removal.

I'd like another mystery box, please.

• ...and the deadline has arrived...

• Leaderboards

Rank Name Entries Prizes Duels Moshpit Deadline Legacy Score
    1 cadstar369 17 8 1-0 0 17 0 4
    2 Jadefire 15 8 0-1 0 13 0 3
    3 hileandr 11 5 0-0 0 7 0 2
    4 jpastor 7 2 0-0 0 8 0 1
    5 CrimsonFox 8 5 0-0 0 6 0 1
    6 Potato13 3 1 0-0 0 6 0 0
    7 ouijaninja 4 4 0-0 0 3 0 0
    8 Hergusbergus 3 2 0-0 0 0 0 0
    9 AboveAndAbout 2 1 0-0 0 0 0 0
    10 Ashdust 1 1 0-0 0 0 0 0
    11 Overlass 1 0 0-0 0 0 0 0
    12 Ranshi 1 0 0-0 0 0 0 0
    13 ShadowReign 0 1 0-0 0 0 0 0
    14 WarriorCatInAHat 0 1 0-0 0 0 0 0
  • edited May 2022
    @Potato13
    Your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 89 - Family Platter: Activate this prize any time to receive 24 mystery challenges that you must complete within 24 hours. If you complete, you receive a random premium prize.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that creates blood tokens. (They're artifacts with "1Tap, Discard a card, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
  • @Jadefire
    I think it's Create a [common/red/monocolored] creature card that [removes] counters from other [creatures].

Adamant Basilisk

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/adamant-basilisk

• @jpastor
    I think it's "Create a Vehicle with flying [that] fabricates and has [crew / fabricate(?)] 3."

Full-Scale Thopter

I'll take a Misshapen Orb for the prize ("Choose an [Orb], Pearl, or Coin"), choosing Instant, and request another mystery box.
  • @jpastor Yep, you got it.
  • @jpastor , I'll definitely be holding off on that family platter until later. Timezones and all that make 24-hour challenges mildly hard to do on a non-weekend.

But for the mystery challenge, here's my card. I realized that there weren't any actual 1-mana commands, and creating a blood token felt just right for a choice for a 1-mana command, so we've got this design. I tried to make every choice on it usable, which was a rather large balancing act for a 1-mana spell.

I'd like another mystery box, please.
  • Mystery [...]: Recreate your spellwebs character, except it's Legendary now.
    Donaar Dragonspeaker
    (recreation of Scalebound Dragonspeaker)

Another Mystery Box please.

Inventory
    • Premium Prize 66 - Legacy Premium: Angelstone (This deadline's winner will receive a premium prize. Activate any time before a deadline ends.)
    • Prize 36 - Herbal Supplements: You may exchange X prizes in your inventory for 2X favorites.
    • Prize 62 - Zombies (Event)
    • Prize 52 - Quest Journal (Gambit, Duel, Moshpit, Draft - Go on your own adventure of 3-5 cards, equipped with a short story along with it. 2-3 sentences per card.) [Activate any time.]
    • Premium Prize 38 - Deathstone: Any nonpremium Volume 1 prize.
    • Prize 19 - Kunai-Rope Dart: Target Cardsmith of [...] choice or yourself enters jpastor mode: no [...]; mystery challenges are [...] [...] tasks [...] end of deadline.
    <self-reminder to work on the Rougarou duel>
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a 0/3 Plant creature card.

Prize 47 - Improvised Advisements: Choose Solo Challenge, Duel, Moshpit, Modifier - Mystery Challenges are hand crafted for each cardsmith.

I choose solo challenge!

And another mystery box!
  • edited May 2022
    @Jadefire @cadstar369 @Corwinnn
    I'll take a new box!

@LyndonF
    • Prize 42 - Dinner Roles (Activate this any time and the deadline will become a short side story with multiple characters. Each cardsmith is a character and their mystery challenges will pertain to the story and their character's role in it.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Snow Instant.

@Potato13
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a common blue instant with mana cost 3BlueBlue.
    @cadstar369
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an instant that costs BlackBlackRed.

@hileandr
    • Prize 31 - Mastermind (When you activate this, I will provide you five old cards from other cardsmiths.  Judge the cards from 1st to 5th.  Each card that’s in the same rank as jpastor’s rank = 1 prize for you.)
    • Solo IA: Create a common or uncommon creature with P/T */*.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare instant that creates a single creature token.

• @jpastor
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an uncommon equipment with Equip {3}.
  • edited May 2022
    @jpastor , a common instant that costs 3UU. Decided to make it simple, but modal.

Hit me with another box, and make it extremely challenging, if you can.
  • hi everyone - every month, I like to honor one of my mystery boxers by giving them a featured card.

This month, I'd like to honor someone who has slowly returned back to the Mystery Box Challenges, but has been around on the website in their absence here on this discussion!

@LyndonF

Please choose a card you would like to have featured! Thanks!
  • @cadstar369
    I'm not sure why it is insect, but oh well
    Hornet Foil
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/hornet-foil
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Equipment.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ghal-maraz-the-skull-splitter

And I'll also activate 
    • Prize 7 - The Dungeon: You may enter the dungeon any time you'd like.

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a Vedalken Wizard with metalcraft.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/vedalken-transmogrant

• Congrats on the feature @LyndonF!
  • Solo IA: Create a common or uncommon creature with P/T */*.

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare instant that creates a single creature token.

I'll cash in my Mastermind, and I would like another mystery box please!
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a female Elf Druid creature card.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/whisperwilde-caller

Can I get another mystery box with two challenges?
  • edited May 2022
    @jpastor Is possible I could get a different mystery box?
  • @Potato13
    • Prize 71 - Cardsmiths Aggravate Humanity: Choose solo, duel, moshpit, or draft. Activate any time for a Cards Against Humanity White Card Challenge
    • A Mystery Challenge (how bout a riddle?)I'm a creature subtype that likes to have protection from a color. I also happen to be one of those creatures that you may play any time a lightning bolt could strike. What am I? Create me as an uncommon.
    @CrimsonFox
    Working on your dungeon. Stand by...

@hileandr
    • Prize 3 - A Glyph: Cash this in any time to create your own prize to be added to the prize list in place of this prize.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a carnivorous Dinosaur creature card.
    @Jadefire
    • Prize 57 - Crossbones: This deadline's winner gets an invitational qualification. [Activated automatically.]
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a parasitic black Vampire.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Decree.
    @ShadowReign
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Elf Druid that adds two different types of mana.
  • @hileandr
    Please rank these 5

Jason The Hero GodEllisence Mana WeaverRise of the ValkyriesThe Ur-DragonResidential District

This discussion has been closed.